1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development

show more
posted
after the latest osu update, my osu starts to freeze at random times during gameplay and it's getting annoying >.< should I include a video footage?
posted
I use to play Osu frequently but when i got a mac i stopped. Can someone guide me in how to install it on a mac since I really want to start playing again. I don't know where to start.
posted
So I tried playing osu! on where I was playing it originally, it said: "Another user is currently using this application. They must exit the application before you can use it.

Then when I went to my other account in my computer, it said: ERROR! cannot write into Infoplist, there are permission problems or you are on a read only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

And this keeps going on a loop! ;~; How can I fix this? (And I did reinstall it. It's still the same.)


Edit: Figured it out. Nevermind.
posted
I can't download osu! in my laptop but my sister can... need help please

I tried 3x but it always says

This app can't run in your pc
To find a version for your pc check with the software publisher :cry::|
posted

Celestia91604 wrote:

I can't download osu! in my laptop but my sister can... need help please

I tried 3x but it always says

This app can't run in your pc
To find a version for your pc check with the software publisher :cry::|
what mac product are you using. and what version?
posted
Message has been deleted.
posted
Need Help!!!
When I try open my Osu! An error happens it states:
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file."
Please help really want to play with my friends but can't :/ :|:cry:
posted
Message has been deleted.
posted

Agrrox wrote:

CompHawk wrote:

Need Help!!!
When I try open my Osu! An error happens it states:
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file."
Please help really want to play with my friends but can't :/ :|:cry:
Seems like you are trying to run game from install .dmg ? copy the osu!.app to applications folder and then run.
Thank you kind sir! That has seemed to fix it! I owe the world!
posted
Message has been deleted.
posted
but the version of my OS X is10.10.2...can i still play osu ?
posted
how do you get skins on mac thats all i want to know and thats all im having trouble with and also how do you make your game a little bit less laggy what should i do in settings
posted

hihiangie wrote:

but the version of my OS X is10.10.2...can i still play osu ?
Yes, I believe so.
I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
posted

cub656 wrote:

how do you get skins on mac thats all i want to know and thats all im having trouble with and also how do you make your game a little bit less laggy what should i do in settings
If you want to get skins, first of all you download them like usual whether it be on a macbook or on a windows computer. E.g. Click this link to view some skins
Then after you have downloaded the skin, you will need an archiver of some sort. Windows uses winRaR or whatever but for mac I personally use Archive Utility (it's free and works like a charm - should be installed on your mac already) 8-)

Then, locate your skin file within your computer using finder or to wherever you saved the download and open it with Archive Utility.
Extract the file to wherever (I usually save it to my desktop for ease of access).

Then find osu in your finder and right click it - then select Show Package Contents

Once inside, you should see 3 folders and a wineskin.app. Click on the osu! folder.

In there, you should see another folder called skins. You want to place your extracted download (zip download was turned into a file saved to your desktop)
into here. E.G End result should look like this

If you need any further help you can just P.M. me on the forums :)
Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

Hope I helped! :)
posted

Poisonmellon wrote:

Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

Hope I helped! :)
I thought you couldn't run OpenGL on the OS X version?
posted

Poisonmellon wrote:

hihiangie wrote:

but the version of my OS X is10.10.2...can i still play osu ?
Yes, I believe so.
I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
posted

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

Hope I helped! :)
I thought you couldn't run OpenGL on the OS X version?
You can :)
posted

hihiangie wrote:

poisonmellon wrote:

I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
Yeah, osu for mac OSX isn't that reliable. >:(
I've had to re-download and delete osu multiple times, sometimes not even able to open it in the first place. :cry:
Check what programs you may have, like I found if you have Razer Synapse then osu! will keep crashing.
I'm not really able to help unless I know the direct source, so my guess is to wait until osu! is updated (next patch) or try and re-download osu! again.
posted

Poisonmellon wrote:

You can :)
Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
posted

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

You can :)
Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
Yeah I've used it somewhat, but only if I try for an SS and osu glitches for a second and it's impossible thats the only time I do :P
If you click it it should restart osu and start it in a more *stable* manner


Just double checked now, yeah the box doesn't stay ticked although I find that if I click it osu! seems to run more smoothly :?::|
I think this may be due to the fact that it's a windows application wrapped using wine so it comes pre-installed with DirectX :P
show more
Please sign in to reply.