forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
ed1d1a8d
I'm on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works fine for me. Have you guys tried reinstalling osu?
riskyr

tonynater wrote:

I'm on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works fine for me. Have you guys tried reinstalling osu?
i think my graphics driver and the wine frameworks. just redownload the osu.dmg and copy to applications and now worked fine, but i'm rolling back to Mavericks :3 hehe. (p.s : worked on Yosemite Lol :D
riskyr

DragoorReaper wrote:

I used yosemite and it said osu crashed but before it was working fine but now it repeatively crashes again and again i need help to fix this
Just redownload the Osu! .dmg and copy to applications folder, make sure delete the osu! on Applications folder before copy again your new osu.dmg. or if you still have a problem, just download wine for os x (http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/) and download osu! for windows and install with wine, (osu! running on wineskin ( try to explore the package Osu!, there is windows files,. and drive_c).
riskyr

theFerdi265 wrote:

Wassaaaa wrote:

because there is no public version for Linux, based on gnome? :( Linux users have to do many steps to run osu! in linux
Judging by the screenshots posted by peppy, the OSX build runs via wine (or an OSX derivative of it), especially because of the wine and winePrefix folders.
This Build comes with its own version of it, fully configured and ready for osu.

The strategy to get osu running on linux is basically the same: install wine, and then run Windows osu with it.

The difference between the OSX build and the windows build might be some changes in the osu!.exe that make it more cross-platform compatible and the configuration for the packaged wine version. When the OSX version is "done" (i.e. works very well and has no blatant bugs), maybe peppy will setup a similar thing for linux based systems (very big maybe)
Youre right :) , i also tested with ubuntu 13.04 64bit, installing multiarch and i also install wine 32bit, (seems not work with 64bit wine on linux bcos of netfx1, 2, and 3 not compatible with 64bit)
riskyr
UPdate, worked on win e 64bit :D , read on winehq for more info :D
kuroichi0
i keep having a problem when downloading the program,can somebody tell me why?
i can only download the old installer,so it keeps telling me to have the updates but it's not working anyway :?
if there's any external link for the most recent updates,please tell me :)
riskyr

kuroichi0 wrote:

i keep having a problem when downloading the program,can somebody tell me why?
i can only download the old installer,so it keeps telling me to have the updates but it's not working anyway :?
if there's any external link for the most recent updates,please tell me :)
Hi. just open terminal and run as root :D

sudo su

then

wine "drag your files"

and enter. it seems that the osu! app only loaded with root >:(
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
Froic
after the latest osu update, my osu starts to freeze at random times during gameplay and it's getting annoying >.< should I include a video footage?
Amerigaijin
I use to play Osu frequently but when i got a mac i stopped. Can someone guide me in how to install it on a mac since I really want to start playing again. I don't know where to start.
sakurako3925
So I tried playing osu! on where I was playing it originally, it said: "Another user is currently using this application. They must exit the application before you can use it.

Then when I went to my other account in my computer, it said: ERROR! cannot write into Infoplist, there are permission problems or you are on a read only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

And this keeps going on a loop! ;~; How can I fix this? (And I did reinstall it. It's still the same.)

Edit: Figured it out. Nevermind.
Celestia91604
I can't download osu! in my laptop but my sister can... need help please

I tried 3x but it always says

This app can't run in your pc
To find a version for your pc check with the software publisher :cry: :|
Froic

Celestia91604 wrote:

I can't download osu! in my laptop but my sister can... need help please

I tried 3x but it always says

This app can't run in your pc
To find a version for your pc check with the software publisher :cry: :|

what mac product are you using. and what version?
AGRX
CompHawk
Need Help!!!
When I try open my Osu! An error happens it states:
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file."
Please help really want to play with my friends but can't :/ :| :cry:
AGRX
CompHawk

Agrrox wrote:

CompHawk wrote:

Need Help!!!
When I try open my Osu! An error happens it states:
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file."
Please help really want to play with my friends but can't :/ :| :cry:
Seems like you are trying to run game from install .dmg ? copy the osu!.app to applications folder and then run.
Thank you kind sir! That has seemed to fix it! I owe the world!
AGRX
hihiangie
but the version of my OS X is10.10.2...can i still play osu ?
Aver
how do you get skins on mac thats all i want to know and thats all im having trouble with and also how do you make your game a little bit less laggy what should i do in settings
Zuikaku

hihiangie wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
Zuikaku

cub656 wrote:

how do you get skins on mac thats all i want to know and thats all im having trouble with and also how do you make your game a little bit less laggy what should i do in settings
If you want to get skins, first of all you download them like usual whether it be on a macbook or on a windows computer. E.g. Click this link to view some skins
Then after you have downloaded the skin, you will need an archiver of some sort. Windows uses winRaR or whatever but for mac I personally use Archive Utility (it's free and works like a charm - should be installed on your mac already) 8-)

Then, locate your skin file within your computer using finder or to wherever you saved the download and open it with Archive Utility.
Extract the file to wherever (I usually save it to my desktop for ease of access).

Then find osu in your finder and right click it - then select Show Package Contents

Once inside, you should see 3 folders and a wineskin.app. Click on the osu! folder.

In there, you should see another folder called skins. You want to place your extracted download (zip download was turned into a file saved to your desktop)
into here. E.G End result should look like this

If you need any further help you can just P.M. me on the forums :)
Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

Hope I helped! :)
Lagel

Poisonmellon wrote:

Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

I thought you couldn't run OpenGL on the OS X version?
hihiangie

Poisonmellon wrote:

hihiangie wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
Zuikaku

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

I thought you couldn't run OpenGL on the OS X version?
You can :)
Zuikaku

hihiangie wrote:

poisonmellon wrote:

But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
Yeah, osu for mac OSX isn't that reliable. >:(
I've had to re-download and delete osu multiple times, sometimes not even able to open it in the first place. :cry:
Check what programs you may have, like I found if you have Razer Synapse then osu! will keep crashing.
I'm not really able to help unless I know the direct source, so my guess is to wait until osu! is updated (next patch) or try and re-download osu! again.
Lagel

Poisonmellon wrote:

Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
Zuikaku

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
Yeah I've used it somewhat, but only if I try for an SS and osu glitches for a second and it's impossible thats the only time I do :P
If you click it it should restart osu and start it in a more *stable* manner

Just double checked now, yeah the box doesn't stay ticked although I find that if I click it osu! seems to run more smoothly :?: :|
I think this may be due to the fact that it's a windows application wrapped using wine so it comes pre-installed with DirectX :P
Lagel

Poisonmellon wrote:

Yeah I've used it somewhat, but only if I try for an SS and osu glitches for a second and it's impossible thats the only time I do :P
If you click it it should restart osu and start it in a more *stable* manner

Just double checked now, yeah the box doesn't stay ticked although I find that if I click it osu! seems to run more smoothly :?: :|
I think this may be due to the fact that it's a windows application wrapped using wine so it comes pre-installed with DirectX :P
Yeah i was gonna say i don't think you know what you're on about :P I've tried absolutely everything i could think of in order to get smooth gameplay. All we can do is hope the new update will be good, otherwise i'm gonna look at a larger hard-drive and use bootcamp, although i really don't want to dedicate half my drive just for a game.
Froic
i tried re-installing osu. but it doesn't even open Q_Q

i opened up osu and tried a test run on the wineskin. the test log says this. please fix this.

AGRX
Lagel

Agrrox wrote:

You can dedicate much less than half of your HDD. What about 10gb ?
Aha, my osu! folder altogether is like 20gb, and i'm only getting more and more beatmaps.
AGRX
Froic
[/quote]
Did you tried to make new wrapper for osu ? or its the one made by peppy and you tried to rebuild it ?[/quote]

both showed the same message for me.
Keihyan
Since yesterday mouse acceleration mac was active on osu suddenly . In anyother app or somewhere acceleration ins inactive. Does anyone have any idea to solve this problem?
AGRX
minhsk8s
so the game works fine, but im unable to see the background video... is there any way to fix this?
AGRX
Vertify
For those who want to turn off mouse acceleration (completely~ not just for osu!)

Head over to http://smoothmouse.com/

Download it and open your System Preferences.

Lagel

rip cutting edge
How do i go back to stable? I can't play.
show more