1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
  4. Completed Skins
show more
posted
Nice skin <3 I'm using it.
posted
I know this will be my skin for aLONG time.

Good job on it!
posted
Another suggestions to perfect your skin.

1/ I find the reversearrows odd. The colours used to fill them are too... sharp with the rest of the skin during a play (a perfect white and perfect black).
What I would suggest is to use the same gradation used for your default numbers, i.e. 48-48-48 on the top and 0-0-0 on the bottom of the circle.
So instead of having the first reversearrow, you would have the second one, softer for the eye:

Of course this is only valid for the white note add-on. For the default skin with the white reverse arrow, you would use the same logic, with inverted colours: 255-255-255 and 207-207-207.

2/ Why not put some colours to your ranks? Like you did with your score star recolour add-on and with the red letter D, the ranks X, S, A, B, C would be far more easily recognizable if there was some colour to highlight them (AFAIAC I first check the colour to know my rank, not the letter). X and S in gold, A in green, B in dark blue and C in purple? For SH and XH, I don't know.

These are only suggestions of course.
posted
Ahhh, heaven for the eyes.

This is amazing work, sir/miss
posted

XPJ38 wrote:

1/ I find the reversearrows odd... etc
I originally did that, but I wanted the arrows to purposely look odd. I personally have a grudge against reverse arrows (I break on them far too often), so to combat that I made it as jarring as possible. The gradient is a non-issue, IMO.

2/ Why not put some colours to your ranks? Like you did with your score star recolour add-on and with the red letter D, the ranks X, S, A, B, C would be far more easily recognizable if there was some colour to highlight them (AFAIAC I first check the colour to know my rank, not the letter). X and S in gold, A in green, B in dark blue and C in purple? For SH and XH, I don't know.
I just used traditional osu! colours: http://puu.sh/3llr

S A B C D

SH and XH are both white
posted

Xiaounlimited wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

1/ I find the reversearrows odd... etc
I originally did that, but I wanted the arrows to purposely look odd. I personally have a grudge against reverse arrows (I break on them far too often), so to combat that I made it as jarring as possible. The gradient is a non-issue, IMO.
Ok np.

Xiaounlimited wrote:

I just used traditional osu! colours: http://puu.sh/3llr

S A B C D

SH and XH are both white
Nice :)
posted
this shit is awesome.
posted
Hi Xiaounlimited

When I first used your Xi-Style skin a couple of years ago, I was hooked. Over time I tweaked it (Replacing the numbers and the sectionpass audio) but I loved the skin none-the-less.

Nexus... WOW. You did a absolutely AMAZING job on this. Really loving the voices for the countdown and has that...coolness imo.

Well done. Here is to more great skins from you in the future :D
posted
Wooooaaaaa! I love this skin, the best I've seen :)
posted
"The best of the best"! I love it too, 'cos it is not burn my eyes and i can play with it.
posted
I usually take the osu default skin... but this is AMAZING O_O holy sh*t this is Awesome!
posted
Amazing skin, hard to tell whether I prefer Xi-Style or Nexus now...
posted
I can't play osu without this skin.
posted
Great job. Just wow....
posted
Thought I'd finally post up some thoughts on this amazing skin, and of course your high-quality skinning abilities.

It's always highly enjoyable to fall back from my usual see-through skin I made (compiled with some elements of other skins) and come into something like the Nexus skin which is a nice, flowing and eye appealing skin in comparison to some of the others that are on offer.

I hope you will continue to create these skins as they're all equally enjoyable, even with your disdain of the Xi-Style skin.
posted
I want to use this for mixing. may I ???
posted
I really like this background WelcomeToNexus..

Did you do it?
posted
Hi, May i know how do i apply the skin after i downloaded the 4 items? What must I do to make them into 1?
posted

hbhbenny647 wrote:

Hi, May i know how do i apply the skin after i downloaded the 4 items? What must I do to make them into 1?
Drag the files you wan to replace into the Nexus folder and overwrite them.
posted
BEST SKIN EVER!

My setup--
I use all add-ons except the white hit circles.

Oh and I made you a spinner approach circle. Let me know if you use it in a PM, OK?

show more