forum

Custom Favorite Playlists [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Sazaka
When you have a lot of stuff, you are forced to do one of either two things: throw a bunch away or organize your mess. The same can be said for osu! beatmaps. Over the past year, my collection of songs has grown from one beatpack to several thousands of songs, and it has become a problem finding certain song that I would like to play.

"Throw the bad ones away!" you may tell me, but I would prefer to keep all of my maps. I love them all, from Usatei-IOSYS to Chipscape.

I have chosen the path of organization. "But how?" i ask myself, "can I possibly organize all of my beatmaps with only TWO favorite playlists?"

Currently, I have FavoritesA set to all of the maps I just like, and FavoritesB is what I call the "handbreaker" playlist. But what if I want to further organize my beatmaps? What if I would also like to make a Touhou list? Or a "Best of Streaming" playlist?

Down with the oppression! Freedom to the organizers!

Please add a feature that would allow for more "favorites" type filters to be added and customized. By "customized" I don't mean anything too fancy, just simply being able to name it would make many people very happy. Anything extra would be sugar on top of an extra cherry on top of the wonderful cake that is osu!. (mmmm... cake...)

Thank you for reviewing my request! I have complete faith in the osu! team.

-Sazaka
Luna
In the osu! Songs folder, you can create subfolders and sort the beatmaps in there. So you can create a "Touhou" folder, a "Jumpy maps" folder, a "Relaxing music" folder or whatever you like. Then, ingame you can select to sort your songs list by Folder and everything will be nicely organized =)
l1mi

Luna wrote:

In the osu! Songs folder, you can create subfolders and sort the beatmaps in there. So you can create a "Touhou" folder, a "Jumpy maps" folder, a "Relaxing music" folder or whatever you like. Then, ingame you can select to sort your songs list by Folder and everything will be nicely organized =)
Sorry to poke in an old thread. But even if that work you cant add a song to that folder so easy, right click and add/remove song to the new folder you create dont work, you got to manually copy/paste every beatmap to that folder. I guess its a matter of priority but this "feature" would be really nice. There are lots of good beatmaps I never play because I cant find them.
Mythras

l1mi wrote:

Luna wrote:

Sorry to poke in an old thread. But even if that work you cant add a song to that folder so easy, right click and add/remove song to the new folder you create dont work, you got to manually copy/paste every beatmap to that folder. I guess its a matter of priority but this "feature" would be really nice. There are lots of good beatmaps I never play because I cant find them.
so be more selective w/folders
Oinari-sama
Wait if you want to put songs into custom folders, do you have to import the osz first then copy the extracted folder over, or can you dump the osz into the custom folder directly?

And is it necessary to do a F5 after that? Seems very inconvenient. Will be nice if more custom tags (favourites) can be assigned in-game for sorting.
theowest
We have collections now, marking as added.
Contrastion
Just a question, but I sort my songs in folders and every time I open osu I have to re-click the folder view button. It's just a small annoying thing...
TheVileOne
Sort settings don't save on exit. Make a feature request for that if you want it.