forum

A noob question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyarky
Hello guys , I started playing seriously and i tried to install some new skins , especially to change the CTB character .

But my problem is , for some reason , only 1 of my 3 skins shows the new character .

I checked everything , the pic is named "fruit-ryuuta" , it is in .png , but it only works for one skin .

Am i missing something here or ? :?
RockRoller
If I remember right, you need in never skin versions the images fruit-catcher-idle, kiai and fail.
Rio-
Use "Version: 2.3" or "Version: latest" inside your skin.ini...

Name: "Skin Name"
Author: "Author Name"
Version: 2.3
Topic Starter
Nyarky
Hmmmmm...when i say "A noob question" it's a noob question asked by a noob ^-^" . skin.ini ?

And just to say , one the skin i've downloaded got a CTB char skin , but it shows the default char .
And one the 2 other skins i have , i'm using a custom char skin , but it only works for one of them.
Rio-
Usually there's a file called "skin.ini" inside the skin folder You try to edit or use for you to edit (or just "skin" file that can be opened with notepad in default)
If there isn't, You can make one by making a new text document and rename it with "skin.ini" and add that line I mentioned earlier ("Version: __")

Nyarky wrote:

And just to say , one the skin i've downloaded got a CTB char skin , but it shows the default char .
And one the 2 other skins i have , i'm using a custom char skin , but it only works for one of them.
which default one?

The Former image is called fruit-ryuuta.png, while the latter image is called fruit-catcher-idle. Both of them are the default used...

If The CTB Char skin inside your skin folder is called fruit-ryuuta.png, use "Version: 1" or "Version: 2" in your skin.ini
If there are 3 files called fruit-catcher-fail, fruit-catcher-idle, fruit-catcher-kiai inside your skin folder. Use "Version: 2.3" or "Version: latest" in your skin.ini

Here are some guides for you if you still don't understand (It's kind of hard to explain tbh)
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning_Tutorial_Catch_the_Beat
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning_Catch_the_Beat
Topic Starter
Nyarky
I created the skin.ini file and since the char is a "fruit-ryuuta.png" i tried with Version 1 and Version 2, but it still isn''t working .

Everything else is working , except that q_q
Rio-
That's weird...
make sure there's only fruit-ryuuta.png inside the skin folder (no fruit-catcher type file), and make sure the line is Version: 1 or Version: 2 (without quotation mark)...

Version: 2

if possible, can you copy/paste the content inside your skin.ini here?
Topic Starter
Nyarky
*Not late at all*

In the folder , there are only "fruit-apple" , "fruit-orange" etc files , does it matter ?

And in the skin.ini file , since i created it , there's only :

Name: Log Horizon Skin
Author: 2D girl lover
Version: 2
Topic Starter
Nyarky
NVM !

I legit have no idea of how and why , but it works now...even tho i did nothing since last time...
Rio-

Nyarky wrote:

In the folder , there are only "fruit-apple" , "fruit-orange" etc files , does it matter ?
It's for the Fruits that raining down... It won't matter if you use either the fruit-ryuuta from Version 1 or fruit-catcher from Version 2...

Glad it could be fixed (somehow lol)
Topic Starter
Nyarky
Okay , thanks for all your help ^-^ !
Charre

Nyarky wrote:

NVM !

I legit have no idea of how and why , but it works now...even tho i did nothing since last time...
in game you can use ctrl + alt + shift + s to instantly see the changes to your skin when you edit it.