forum

[duplicate] Auto No-Fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ventricon
It's a pretty simple idea that I would like implemented, as a person who is not god level at osu! yet like I wish I was

Bassicly, when the mod is active your map play will continue like you had no-fail off, but the second you die you get switched to No-fail, so your score is cut in half and the PP rating of the play changes. I feel like it wouldn't be ranked, however I don't see why it can't be
Note; should be toggle able

Reasoning;

Alot of the times when I am practicing, I have really good plays that would get me past the song, and I want that to go into my stats
Other times, when I'm actually playing and doing insanely well, and then a random jump section ruins you or something, you lose EVERYTHING from that play
With an auto no fail, both would be irrelevant, even with some drawbacks

Opinions? :idea:
Starrodkirby86
I remember this was suggested in the past, but was pretty much considered invalid because of its utter similarity to No-Fail. For instance, having No-Fail automatically turn on is certainly convenient, but it'd defeat the purpose of even enabling or having the mod. If I could use this automatic trigger of No-Fail, why keep the original No-Fail when this one is far more superior? While understandably you have some rhythm games that have mechanics like fail at song end or don't fail at all with HP, I sadly don't see it going to change anytime soon.

It does stink when you lose everything from that play.
o x
I don't really like this idea. I don't see much need for it I guess, it would be pretty hard for people to tell if they failed or not and people who are going for passes on the map wont be able to tell when they failed or what part they should practice. Also if you make a good play without No Fail than you are good enough to do the play again.
Raging Bull
its a safety net though, so you arent really risking anything.
o x
Anyways this has already been requested here. Try supporting that thread instead, also please search your request before posting so that we can reduce duplicates. Thanks!
Raging Bull
Sorry, more like I disagree with it. It's a safety net, you arent risking anything to potentially gain pp. Takes away risk vs reward.