forum

Help me quit osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aruvenn
Try to uninstall the game. But honestly, you can have a normal life and still play to osu, you just need to have some willpower. ;)
KupcaH
FC masterpiece
Rilene
That's odd but how can you become addicted to click circles?
Eh, you sure you can't control your playing?
Jukkii
whatever you do, dont cheat to get your account banned. you might severely regret it
Topic Starter
-Haze-

-Jukke- wrote:

whatever you do, dont cheat to get your account banned. you might severely regret it

I know it's a bad idea but if don't find a good way to do so i will eventually do it.
Topic Starter
-Haze-

Rilene wrote:

That's odd but how can you become addicted to click circles?
Eh, you sure you can't control your playing?

It's like
I wake up, i play osu the whole day, i eat, i play 2 games of competitive in CS:GO then go to sleep
And yeah i eat once a day, trying to lose weight
And time flows by without me realising it and i want to stop it.
I want to live a healthy life and not spend so much time on doing something so pointless.
Topic Starter
-Haze-

KupcaH wrote:

FC masterpiece

You mean DTHRHD FC Masterpiece
AsyouSaidsir
> Play Time: 123 hours only
> "addicted"
lol

On a serious note: If you really want to quit, then don't do it all at once, try forcing yourself to play less and less each day, it should make quitting easier. But remember, you can still have a life (who needs that tho) and also keep playing Osu!, it's all about time management.
DeletedUser_7520443
play so much osu you get tired of it
Niks
can't out of osu

me too
winber1
heroine might be a nice alternative, my friends love it.
N0thingSpecial
Get a job, preferably full-time.
niino
Is quitting osu the next big thing and the newest shit right now? At least it seems like this for me atm.
Ninonuko
Why even bother quitting if you enjoy the game? just remember don't get obsessed over things.
Try playing offline, there's almost nothing to worry about.
It seems you're obsessed tbh.
Endaris

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Get a job, preferably full-time.
Definitely helps.

However, rather than quitting osu! you should find something that you're motivated to do. Then it's easy to just do that instead.
KtkC
Would it be worth quitting osu! if you got addicted to something else in its place? Maybe osu! isn't so bad.

Alternatively, find something more mainstream / socially acceptable as a hobby you can spend your time on. Like... Sports... Or something... ;)
With such hobbies you can more easily find people who have that hobby in common, but it's up to you to go to meetups and make friends. It can be tough if you're not outgoing. GLHF!
I Give Up
If you want to quit, then quit. Its not like osu is a chemical drug that makes you physically dependent on it.

Clearly you enjoy the game so just play whenever you feel like it and don't go into excess. Like all things in life.
-Makishima S-
If you want to quit, then quit. Its not like osu is a chemical drug that makes you physically dependent on it.
I had HUGE problem with quiting EVE Online after over 8 years when playing it was like a drug.
I wasn't able to quit till i sold all my accounts, literally all (and got pretty nice amount of $$$ for them 8-))
-Halcyon-
there is no way
Akanagi
Then just do something else instead that you want to do.

It seems to me that either:

You made this game a part of your identity / are defining yourself over this game, thus it's hard to not play it because maybe you have ambitions to get good etc.

or you're really just addicted to that feel of doing well / gaining score / pp and there's nothing else like it (yet) that could get you equally motivated because, I assume, you're not really good at other skills or hobbies, probably don't have any to begin with so it's hard to get motivated to do something else.

and / or you really just don't have anything else to do so you just find yourself going back to osu! simply because you feel there's nothing else to do.

Honestly you don't really have to quit osu! as much as you just have to find something else in life that's productive. That way you won't get the crippling depressive thoughts you probably have when you go to bed, thinking that you, again, didn't do anything this day while life flies by.

You don't really have to necessarily go out and meet people and all that stuff. It's very hard, impossible rather to tell if you really want to do all that stuff you say you want to do or if you just feel forced to do it because that's what society depicts as a good, desirable life.

I don't want to digress into some kind of psychoanalysis, so I'd say you just need to find something to do that you want to do but is also productive.
Maybe you don't really know what you want to do or what you like to do because you never tried and never took the time to think about yourself (which is perfectly normal, no worries)

Maybe you want to get into editing, drawing or music or whatever. If so, then I'd just start doing that. Also, don't try to force yourself into something like that with a mindset where you try to work at that stuff for the same time you played osu.
Just try to do something productive / something that gets you closer to what you eventually want to do in life and you won't have to feel bad about playing a game that you like. Nor will osu feel that important to you anymore in a way that would make it hard for you to quit.

If you go to school / have a job I'd also not worry about playing osu! all day. I mean, if you're going to school you're doing something productive, if you have a job you're doing something productive already.

Again, you know yourself better than I do but you'll probably recognize yourself somewhere in these lines.

TL;DR
Find a hobby and build the habit of working on your hobby / job / school everyday so you won't feel bad about not doing anything in your life.
You don't have to be some kind of super-social guy, being outside 24/7 all day etc etc. Live your own life dude
Yolshka
Yeah bruh, just do something productive and you're depression will go away, just like that.
Like, just live your life fam , right 8-)
Deva

Jukkii wrote:

Thanks for the nice idea
Deva
I just realised I have no idea how to cheat in osu lel
Akanagi

Yolshka wrote:

Yeah bruh, just do something productive and you're depression will go away, just like that.
Like, just live your life fam , right 8-)

You can also try to just eat & sleep it away. See how that works out for ya.
Ninonuko
Great.. no one realized the necropost yet.
Edgar_Figaro

Ninonuko wrote:

Great.. no one realized the necropost yet.
Funny part though is that even though it’s 11months old, OP is still playing Osu. So I guess their problem hasn’t been solved :P