forum

osu!-karaoke Grand Prix FINAL ROUND

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Happy Fun Singy Taimu

How this is going to work...
  1. Upon round start, a theme will be set. But rest assured, the first selection will be free choice!
    If the set theme isn't met, then you'll fail selection for that said round. (Resulting in a 0 for that round.)
  2. Your voice clip should be sent to my PM box! puush or an uppy uploaded file is required. (Include song and artist names.)
    The length of a standard submission should be longer than a minute and shouldn't exceed 8 MB. (The first round is an exception with time, with the requirement being 30 seconds, and it can't be longer than 3 minutes. The recording must also contain a self introduction. [ex. Hi, my name is peppy and I'll be singing this song by chatmonchy.]).
    Adding the instrumental track, or singing to the instrumental track is highly recommended.
    You can also include the original singer's voice in the song, but please make sure it doesn't dominate your voice!

3. Please do not edit your voice with means such as autotune!
    You may edit your voice to make it seem louder, or removing background noise.
    Please sing in a single take. No overlays of your voice and what not.
    All entries will be judged by the following...
    1. Voice - Is the voice clear? Could you understand the lyrics? Was the singer on key?
    2. Entertainment - How we enjoyed the performance overall. Was the song choice good? Was there passion within the voice?
    3. Timing - Is the timing off?
  4. The new point system will be used...
    1. Non-elimination. Late entries will recieve a 0.
    2. Points will accumulate and will not decrease.
    3. You will be scored from 0 to the number equal to the total number of contestants.
    The current theme is...
    Sing a sad/beautiful song.
    2nd Category: Your Country/States Anthem etc.
    Entries due by Thursday, August 26

FINAL ROUND

Note for Possible Future Judges:

1. Judging deadlines will be 3 days before the next entries are due. (ex. Entry deadline extended by 2 days. Judging date extended by 2 days.)
    2. This will give you more time to judge and the contestants more time to practice and record. ( You should still try to finish ASAP.)
    3. There will be NO TOLERANCE for any late judging. (AKA. You will be fired and replaced.)
    4. You must be available at least a day or two every week (to do your judging duties).
    5. I will be sending entries immediately after the deadline as links (downloading not required).
    Judges

1. animask
    2. rust45
    3. Nekoroll
    4. jjrocks
    5. LadySuburu
  • Contestants: Name is in bold if the person has submitted his/her submission.
  1. 1. alvisto
  2. 2. OzzyOzrock
  3. 3. ddrXero64
  4. 4. Krisom
  5. 5. Xgor
  6. 6. KoromoAmae
  7. 7. poisonchan

• SCOREBOARD
      SPOILER
      [list:bb7cc]ROUND 1
    • alvisto [ 1st ] Place [ 27 ] Points
    • KoromoAmae [ 2nd ] Place [ 22 ] Points
    • Krisom [ 3rd ] Place [ 20 ] Points
    • OzzyOzrock [ 4th ] Place [ 18 ] Points
    • ddrXero64 [ 5th ] Place [ 9 ] Points
    • Xgor [ 6th ] Place [ 8 ] Points
    • poison-chan [ nth ] Place [ -- ] Points

• ROUND 2
    • alvisto [ 2nd ] Place [ 48 ] Points
    • KoromoAmae [ 1st ] Place [ 53 ] Points
    • Krisom [ 3rd ] Place [ 43 ] Points
    • OzzyOzrock [ 5th ] Place [ 18 ] Points
    • ddrXero64 [ 6th ] Place [ 9 ] Points
    • Xgor [ 7th ] Place [ 8 ] Points
    • poison-chan [ 4th ] Place [ 26 ] Points

ROUND 1 Commentary

SPOILER
    Zelos
    I give alvisto a 6!
    He sounds like he could be the actual singer! I heard no messups in it!

I give OzzyOzrock a 5.
    Ozzy's voice definitely had a nice flow to it.

I give KoromoAmae a 4
    He definitely had a nice voice but I wasn't liking the way he was belting it.

I give Krisom a 3
    Krisom's voice was okay. I have no idea if the high pitch is part of the song but I wasn't a big fan of it.

I give ddrXero64 a 2.
    I was a bit confused as to why he sung some parts and then stopped at parts. And his voice was a bit over powering. Like it was too loud. Nevertheless it was semi-ok

I give Xgor a 1.
    I felt nothing in that. It was flat sounding. It like had no emotion to it in my opinion.

That would be my scoring.

rust45
    ddrXero64: I'm just gonna say, you seemed out of tune for most of the song and you seemed to miss note changes with the music.

alvisto: Music kinda overpowered you, but nothing to be worried about. You articulated really well and you seemed to me to be perfectly in tune with no wavering of your voice.

KoromoAmae: Kinda hard to understand you in the first half, but after the first half you started to sound really good and had good dynamics.

OzzyOzrock: Decent, but I thought you could've shaped your notes a bit more.

Xgor: Rather short, and even quality matters more, your unable to show how much endurance you have. Still really good and you have a sexy voice, but the shortness hurt your score and that saddens me.

Krisom: I think I heard your voice crack back down an octave in a couple of spots, but still good and was enjoyable.

Scores:
    6: alvisto
    5: Krisom
    4: Xgor
    3: KoromoAmae
    2: OzzyOzrock
    1:ddrXero64

jjrocks

jjrocks wrote:

ddrXero
    Voice: It was clear, I could you hear you clearly however, towards the end your voice started to get a bit louder, it generally wasn’t bad but not great
    Entertainment: You were passionate I’ll give you that, the song choice was great (a bit biased toward the oldies though)
    Timing: ‘Tis good up here, you weren’t off (by too much at least)
    Overall: You were passionate~ keep on working on it~

alvisto
    Voice: Not bad, not bad at all you have a decent voice (singing a bit too much through the nose?), you were clear and I could understand the lyrics very well
    Entertainment: I enjoyed it, good job~ Nice song choice~
    Timing: On time, the beginning did sound off though
    Overall: Let’s say that background music helped you here, your voice is great overall though.~ Keep on working on it~

KoromoAmae
    Voice: Not as clear, the lower you went the harder it was to understand you. Though the voice itself was good (and I mean very good)
    Entertainment: D: The song didn’t give you enough time to flex your voice, I don’t mind the song but it only exposed a small fragment of your voice range
    Timing: Good.
    Overall: Your voice is amazing, but the song choice didn’t allow me to really get a grip on how great it is compared to others, now don’t get me wrong, Your voice sounds fantastic but the song choice made it sound monotone. (Well that was redundant)

OzzyOzrock:
    Voice: D: turn your mic down, You were very clear though, on key, and I could understand everything you said
    Entertainment: Good song choice
    Timing: Yeah, same as most, it was good
    Overall: Not much to say actually, it was just...great, good job and continue working

Xgor
    Voice: Well it was clear, not sure how “on key” it was though, not as on key as the others though
    Entertainment: :I Not very entertaining, better luck next time though, I do sortof like listening to these
    Timing: *cough* - don’t know how “on time” that was
    Overall: “Like a man!” -lol~ It didn’t help your performance that much in the end, though the main problem was that it was 30 seconds long. Next time~

Krisom
    Voice: Pretty much on key, pretty clear
    Entertainment: I somewhat enjoyed this, it was a nice song, pretty passionate, really tough choice though
    Timing: On time
    Overall: Better than some~ It was decent overall, after listening to the actual song as well I think that an instrumental could have complemented your singing

OzzyOzrock - 6
    alvisto - 5
    KoromoAmae - 4
    Krisom - 3
    ddrXero -2
    Xgor - 1

animask
    ddrx - You could have tried singing the girl parts too. 2
    I think you were singing too "(mountain) high enough". (lol lame pun)
    The end was lulz so I should give some points for personality/entertainment.

alvisto - Singing is clear and smooth. I enjoyed listening to it and could not find any serious flaws. 6

koromo - Great voice control. Seemingly flawless, but lacking energy. 5

ozzy - Nice control, but some parts seemed a little off-key. 3

xgor - There wasn't really much pizzazz. The singing was somewhat stable though. 1

Krisom - There was more spirit put into this one. 4
    I doubt that the song itself had this much spirit.

ROUND 2 Commentary

SPOILER
    Zelos
    Poison-chan: 7
    alvisto: 6
    Krisom: 5
    KoromoAmae: 4
    rust45
    poison-chan: Really nice voice and was enjoyable, but you seemed to take some parts out of time, but that's not too bad as it was basically a solo. However, I did I have trouble understanding you at points.

KoromoAmae: I can tell from this and your last entry that dynamics is one of your strong points. You have a nice strong deep voice that your brought out really well. The beginning sounded a little airy though, but it was a technical problem so it's not too bad. Kinda wish you picked a song with shorter breaks though, I didn't really like waiting for the next singing part.

Krisom: I can't tell if you're sharp or on a different partial, but your voice sounds kinda out of place. But your relative note changes were consistent so that's not too bad. I didn't really find it very spectacular though.

alvisto: Honestly, if you hadn't mentioned hard notes, I wouldn't had noticed anything, your singing seemed just fine like last time. However, it was a very short entry and it didn't show endurance and it was kinda hard to understand you. Still, great voice.

Scores:
    7: KoromoAmae
    6: poison-chan
    5: alvisto
    4: Krisom

Great job guys, your all did wonderfully and picking between some of you was hard.
    jjrocks
    poisonchan
    Voice: The voice is somewhat clear, though I wish you had a better mic (or your iPhone/iPod Touch had a better a mic). I could understand the lyrics very well though you do pronounce your t’s with d’s. Yes you were on key.
    Entertainment: Lovely, that’s all I could really say. The song was a great choice for you and there was a definite passion in your singing.
    Timing: The timing was not off
    Overall: Fantastic~ Great job on this. Just work on the sound quality and a

KoromoAmae
    Voice: Pretty clear, I could understand the lyrics but watch out for the volume of your voice, it loves going up and down.
    Entertainment: This was very, very enjoyable. Great song to pick to show off your voice. And yes, you were very VERY passionate
    Timing: Timing was very good
    Overall: Nearly perfect. I loved everything about it...or nearly everything about it.

Krisom
    Voice: Not that bad
    Entertainment: Somehow this was more entertaining that the others. Keep up the good work. It probably was the song choice and the passion you had for it.
    Timing: Yes you were on time
    Overall: Good, not the best in the world but still good.

Alvisto
    Voice: Thought it was pretty good. Very clear and pretty much on key for the whole song
    Entertainment: Pretty entertaining
    Timing: On time
    Overall: Good, nothing spectacular out of this performance but still good.

KoromoAmae - 7
    poisonchan - 6
    Krsom - 5
    Alvisto - 4

Just a general note, I loved them all and choosing the scores was very hard. I think you all did great and just to make sure that you know that I enjoy listening to them all and getting last here should not discourage you from participating (because I may choose you as #1 next time). (Seriously, it was a really REALLY hard choice this time, great job to all of you)
    animask
    poison-chan 7

Cheater. You used the bathroom for an echo effect or something.
    You really should've added an instrumental, but it still sounds good.
    I like how you changed the song a little to your own style.

KoromoAmae 6

I somehow don't like the belting used in this...
    Chorus sounds a bit better with it.
    You're control still amazes me.

Krisom 4

Sounds like you're singing higher than you really should.
    I think it might sound better a bit lower for you.

alvisto 5

Luckily for you, I know the original singer for this (modded a song that had it).
    You still seemed to sound as good as the original. No, you actually made it better.
    Its unfortunate that it was so short.

ROUND 3 Commentary

SPOILER

LadySuburu wrote:

KoromoAmae - Overall Ranking: 7 ( It was good enough that I've downloaded the file and am considering putting it on my MP3 player. :D)
    Voice - 9 (7) (Almost perfect, I heard a part that sounded odd, but my ear for music/singing isn't the best.)
    Entertainment - 10 (7) (I really enjoyed it.)
    Timing - 10 (7) (I noticed no flaws in the timing when I was listening.)

Xgor - Overall Ranking: 3 (It wasn't bad, but the other submittions were better.)
    Voice - 4 (3) (It just seemed off the entire time. I'm not quite sure what was wrong with it though.)
    Entertainment - 5 (5) (Made me laugh at first, but overall wasn't too entertaining.)
    Timing - 8 (3) (A few parts were off, but most of it sounded okay timing-wise.)

OzzyOzrock - Overall Ranking: 6 (It was enjoyable.)
    Voice - 7 (5) (It seemed a little quiet at times, and there was a few problems with the Mic.)
    Entertainment - 8 (6) (I liked the choice of song, was pretty nice to listen to.)
    Timing - 9.75 (5) (Maybe one part was off. Seemed fine overall.)

alvisto - Overall Ranking: 5 (Was pretty good.)
    Voice - 8 (6) (Quiet at times, otherwise good.)
    Entertainment - 4 (3) (I didn't really enjoy the song. It wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy it.)
    Timing - 9.8625 (6) (I thought I heard one thing that was mis-timed... but I wasn't sure.)

Krisom - Overall Ranking: 4 (Was pretty good.)
    Voice: - 6 (4) (Seemed to be off, but I'm not sure.)
    Entertainment - 5 (4) (Was a little enjoyable, but not much. As with alvisto, it wasn't bad. I just didn't really enjoy it.)
    Timing - 9 (4) (Maybe two or three things sounded mis-timed.)

Nekoroll wrote:

jjrocks wrote:

I'M STILL ON TIME IN ALASKA

KoromoAmae
    Voice: You really do have great control on your voice. Very clear, I can understand the lyrics properly
    Entertainment: The energy you put into this makes this so good, I love the song choice you did and you made this a very passionate preformance.
    Timing: Good enough~
    Overall: Very fun to listen to, your control and passion makes this really enjoyable.

xgor
    Voice: Somewhat clear but there were points where I could not understand what you said. Yeah, you were also off key (from what I can tell) in this preformance
    Entertainment: You chose one of my all time favorites, are you reading my mind? You had some passion in the song but again, wasn’t exactly the most passionate
    Timing: Decent
    Overall: Yeah, it was ok. I recommend to find a song that really shows your range and voice a bit better.

Ozzyozrock
    Voice: You have a nice voice, you know how to pronounce some of the tough words, though you did sound slightly off key
    Entertainment: The song choice was pretty good, it did a good job on showing the strengths of your voice. You seem pretty passionate from what I can tell
    Timing: Mostly
    Overall: Not a bad one, I can’t wait for the next one! I think I would work on more of the passion and strength of your voice than anything.

Alvisto
    Voice: Oh wow, you’re really quiet in this one. You sounded off-key for this one
    Entertainment: You were so quiet I could barely tell if you did have any passion which made it lose some entertainment
    Timing: Did a great job on this one
    Overall: Ah god, you were so quiet. I couldn’t get an accurate reading at all this time. I mean, from what I heard you did pretty well though.

Krisom
    Voice: Not bad at all. The high notes were just a dash off in my opinion so that took some marks off (for me at least) but otherwise enjoyable
    Timing: :U you could probably guess what I'm about to say (it was good)
    Overall: It's a shame if you're really going to stop right now :c. I did enjoy this one very much. Also, sorry for the lateness today.

KoromoAmae - 7
    Ozzyozrock - 6
    Alvisto - 5
    xgor - 4

rust45 wrote:

KoromoAmae: Quite a long song, you probably could've picked something shorter but oh well. It's not your best one though, and I kinda found myself bored through it, I wish I was able to hear more range in this piece.

Xgor: I lol'd as soon as I heard the song. Anyway, I have a hard time understanding your english and you sounded out of breath while singing the whole thing. Your voice was still sexy, but it didn't really fit the song IMO.

OzzyOzrock: Your mic seemed to be tripping out through it, but it was rather enjoyable and you showed good dynamics and articulated well.

alvisto: Enjoyable for sure, you seem to struggle on some notes but it was mostly fine. This song shows off your range quite well. My only real complaint is that maybe you could've articulated a tad better, but I could still understand you so it was fine.

Krisom: Dang man, that was wonderful, I enjoyed it, I understood you, and your range was made to good use. The only problem I probably had was that you struggled on a few notes, but still great.

7: Krisom
    5: Ozzy
    4: Koromo
    5: Xgor

animask wrote:

KoromoAmae 6
    Good, better than your last one for sure.
    You sound a bit too loud in some areas.
    Raising your voice a little too loud didn't make me
    feel comfortable.

Xgor 3
    I see some improvement in this one.
    Your song choice seemed to match your voice a bit.
    Still needs some emotion...

OzzyOzrock 5
    Kind of cute~ The "ah-ah aah" or whatever part
    sounds like it didn't come out right.

alvisto 4
    Sounds like you were lacking some control.
    Also, it feels like you should've added more emotion 1 minute
    near the end. I think you should've tried to sing softer in the beginning.

Krisom 7
    Ooo~ Pretty. Almost flawless.
    Sound quality is nice, but I can't judge based on that...
    Ending was much better than the others for this round.

ROUND 4

Entries
    http://puu.sh/2TXO KoromoAmae EXEC_COSMOFLIP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9l_vrg%20...%20re=related

http://puu.sh/2TKa poisonchan Ayane - Shinjitsu he no Requiem ~ From the game: 11eyes
    crossover.

http://puu.sh/2Qy8 Xgor Still Alive

http://puu.sh/2O7V OzzyOzrock

http://www.mediafire.com/?anbbok2ycc2c9s3 alvisto Suteki Da ne - Rikki
    Theme song from Final Fantasy X

SPOILER

jjrocks wrote:

KoromoAmae
    Voice: Your voice is clear and great, and the fact you did well with the lyrics even though you didn’t know the language makes it very impressive. You were on key for it all
    Entertainment: You were very entertaining, the choice of song was great and the passion can be shown through the way you sing. I’m glad of the quality of your voice
    Timing: Great timing~
    Overall: Loved it. Always a pleasure to listen to your voice, keep up the good work.

poison-chan
    Voice: Somewhat unclear but that was due to location, otherwise very understandable and your voice is fantastic.
    Entertainment: Pretty entertaining, I enjoyed listening to your voice again. The song choice was pretty good, especially because it showed your range.
    Timing: Good job~
    Overall: You did a great job, if you can fix the recording setup that you have I would listen to this again and again

xgor
    Voice: You have a pretty clear voice but your volume ranged every once in a while. You were on key then off key then back on key.
    Entertainment: I loved the song, It was somewhat enjoyable to listen to.
    Timing: You were on time here and there
    Overall: This was a pretty good performance, I recommend trying to control the volume of your voice

OzzyOzrock
    Voice: Very good job on your voice. Very clear and on key
    Entertainment: This was actually very fun to listen to, you did an amazing job on the passion too.
    Timing: *thumbs up*
    Overall: You did a great great job on this one. I loved the passion, the voice, everything was great. I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ll produce for the last few.

alvisto
    Voice: I like the voice and everything, very clear and easy to understand the lyrics. It did sound like you were slightly off key but that just may be me
    Entertainment: Entertaining~ Pretty passionate and the song choice was nice, I’m not sure if it did the greatest job in showing off your voice
    Timing: On beat and on time
    Overall: You did a great job in my point of view. I hope to see your recording in the next edition.

otherwise if you want it by ranking use this:
    Ozzyozrock - 7
    poison-chan - 6
    KoromoAmae - 5
    Alvisto - 4
    xgor - 3

Nekoroll wrote:

rust45 wrote:

KoromoAmae: Quite a long song, you probably could've picked something shorter but oh well. It's not your best one though, and I kinda found myself bored through it, I wish I was able to hear more range in this piece.

Xgor: I lol'd as soon as I heard the song. Anyway, I have a hard time understanding your english and you sounded out of breath while singing the whole thing. Your voice was still sexy, but it didn't really fit the song IMO.

OzzyOzrock: Your mic seemed to be tripping out through it, but it was rather enjoyable and you showed good dynamics and articulated well.

alvisto: Enjoyable for sure, you seem to struggle on some notes but it was mostly fine. This song shows off your range quite well. My only real complaint is that maybe you could've articulated a tad better, but I could still understand you so it was fine.

Krisom: Dang man, that was wonderful, I enjoyed it, I understood you, and your range was made to good use. The only problem I probably had was that you struggled on a few notes, but still great.

7: Krisom
    5: Ozzy
    4: Koromo
    5: Xgor

LadySuburu wrote:

KoromoAmae

Overall - 7 (28/30) [Once again, you seem to win me over

fairly easilly.]

Voice - 9 (I really enjoy your singing. A few parts were

a little off, but not too bad.)

Entertainment - 10 (Once again, the song was really

enjoyable. You seem to be really good at choosing these.)

Timing - 9 (A little off occasionally.)

-------------------------------

poisonchan

Overall - 4 (23.8/30) [ It was good. ]

Voice - 7 (A bit quiet and sounded a little odd, but it was good.)

Entertainment - 7 (A little enjoyable.)

Timing - 9.8 (Maybe one or two mistakes that I noticed.)

-------------------------------

Xgor

Overall - 3 (21/30) [You did better this time, and I feel

a bit bad that you're still last on the list with a

pretty good score.]

Voice - 4 (Sounded like you got some of the lyrics wrong.)

Entertainment - 9 (Good song choice. Found myself singing along.)

Timing - 8 (Seemed to be mostly good in timing.)

--------------------------------

OzzyOzrock

Overall - 5 (26.75/30) [I liked it, it was pretty

enjoyable. Unfortunately, since I resolve ties by going

with whoever had the highest score in a category, you landed behind alvisto. ]

Voice - 8.5 (Was good.)

Entertainment - 9.25 (I enjoyed the song more than I thought I would at first.)

Timing - 9.0 (Messed up some on timing, but wasn't too bad.)

--------------------------------

alvisto

Overall - 6 (26.75/30) [ It was enjoyable, but kinda quiet.

Of course, that's likely because of the song choice.]

Voice - 7.5 (Not bad, kinda fits with the song being sung. Seemed off for a bit.)

Entertainment - 9.75 (I thought I didn't like it much for the first few seconds, until I started humming along with

the song because I knew it and actually did like it. It's just a bit slow to start up.)

Timing - 9.5 (Didn't see many problems here.)

animask wrote:

KoromoAmae 6
    This song actually fits your voice very well. Especially
    with your frequent volume changes.

poisonchan 5
    Pretty much flawless. You made the song seem
    smooth and effortless to sing.

Xgor 3
    This matches your voice, but I thought the song was
    "Go ahead and leave me" not "Go ahead and kill me".
    No problem really but the emphasis on the first "kill"
    was... uhh ^_^""

OzzyOzrock 4
    k-k-kawaii~ Really interesting to listen to. Sounds
    like you were unsure of the lyrics at a few parts. Something
    similar to that anyways.

alvisto 7
    You sing this much better than I thought. Your voice
    sounds so different and beautiful~

Judging this was harder than I thought...

ROUND 5

Entries
    http://puu.sh/3e8A Sunset Boulevard KoromoAmae

http://puu.sh/39k3 OzzyOzrock

http://www.mediafire.com/?ce4nifqq3979tt9 alvisto

SPOILER

rust45 wrote:

KoromoAmae: I had trouble understanding you at the very beginning, but then you started to be clear. You really did a good job at belting out and hitting the soft the parts, probably you're most enjoyable entry yet.

OzzyOzrock: Good singing and all, you hit the notes well, but the one problem I had was that sometimes you cut off your notes before the original singer.

alvisto: Good, good, your sang very well and you hit the notes well. The only problem I had was that you were a tad quiet.

7: KoromoAmae
    5: OzzyOzrock

jjrocks wrote:

KoromoAmae
    Voice: Very clear and yes I could understand you like usual. And yes, you were on key
    Entertainment: You did a great job on the passion and the song choice was great for it (I think I was swaying to it every once in a while)
    Timing: Great timing~
    Overall: I love you passion in these things it always is great to see you in it.

OzzyOzrock
    Voice: Like usual it was very clear and I could understand you like usual. Good job again
    Entertainment: The song was pretty good. The passion didn’t fit the song though, which was the only problem I had
    Timing: Every once in a while you were slightly off
    Overall: D: shame that your mic isn’t great but you did a good job Ozzy. Always great to hear you in this competition

alvisto
    Voice: You did a great job in controlling your voice, it was very clear this time and I could understand the lyrics. Your unique voice gave the song something the original didn’t have and I liked it a lot because of that.
    Entertainment: This was very entertaining, and the song choice was great this time around. And the passion in your voice is really what made this song shine
    Timing: <3 Good job on this~
    Overall: This time, if it was anything it was your passion that helped you here. It really showed throughout the song and like I said the unique voice you have makes this song very interesting. Great job on this and I can’t wait for the next one. (Oh boy I could listen to this over and over)

Note to all of you by the way. You all did great and it’s like choosing between 3 of my favorite flavors. It gets incredibly hard and I’m never sure if I made the right decision. But let me tell you this, you all are fantastic, and I can’t wait to see you next time.
    KoromoAmae - 7
    Alvisto - 6
    Ozzyozrock - 5

Nekoroll wrote:

animask wrote:

KoromoAmae 7
    I've always knew you had a good voice for these kind
    of things. The volume thing is still kind of achy. This is
    great and definitely my kind of show.

OzzyOzrock 5
    ( You just had to pick a song that she sings... ;_; beautiful )
    Is everyone doing the volume thing this round? Unfortunately,
    this song doesn't seem to suit your voice as well. You sounded
    fine, but I was expecting a quieter voice or something sweet.

alvisto 6
    I like your soft voice... its so soothing~ The beginning was
    the best part. The rest of the song seemed to be wearing you
    down a bit.
Mashley
Is it even worth hosting another one when the previous two fell apart completely?
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Mashley wrote:

Is it even worth hosting another one when the previous two fell apart completely?
I'll do my best! [insert confident cirno picture here]
alvisto
Count me in ! :3 yay~
rust45
I'd like to be a judge this time.
ddrXero64
This is tough, I really wanted to do this. I would love to judge, I listen to all kinds of music and I judge based on what you're looking for, and not the person. But people would get all sentimental about it I think.

I would like to enter too, but now I'm sure people are going to deduct points because of my username.

I guess I won't be involved, good luck to those entering. I also saw that there was a possible prize, if I could try to donate a small amount of money I will, but I need to know what you'll need. PM me for that one if you want.
Nekoroll
I'd like to judge. I don't take popularity, name, or any other attributes into account when I judge. I'm pretty critical to begin with and don't mind the possible hate that comes along with it. I also don't mind giving constructive criticism after I've given my results.

ddrXero64, don't be afraid to participate. People aren't going to judge you just by your username. osu!Idol is just for fun and can be taken seriously, but not in the way that you're going to be given a free trip to Vegas or something if you win the grand prize. lol

That being said, I encourage everyone interested to participate. :3

Also animask, I believe that there should not be a submission due date yet since we're still trying to gather participants. However, there should be a participant sign-up deadline. Something like the 18th sounds fair.

Adding on, in the rules you state that the original singer's voice can also be included in participants' recordings as long as it doesn't dominate the actual participant's voice. I think that is a pretty important rule and should be bolded. I say the participant should make an effort to find a karaoke or make a makeshift vocal-less version since there will be the select few who won't know how much to lower the original voice or raise their own. It might pose a problem in judging later on, just saying.
ddrXero64
I agree with Nekoroll.

I'll work on one now.

I'm glad Nekoroll is a judge, and I hope she judges everyone the same.

I have a bad voice. It'll be fun.

Define introduction. Do you mean in the song or some words by me?

Edit: If there are curse words in the song, is that fine?
OzzyOzrock
I AM IN, SONNNNNNNNNnn

THIS MEANS I'M IN BOTH, HELL YEAH, DOUBLE PARTICIPATION
James2250
Why do we have 2 of these going now D:
Verdisphena
lol @Ozzy
jjrocks
Sign me up for judge~
I want this thing to live!
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Note for Possible Future Judges:
  1. Judging deadlines will be 3 days before the next entries are due. (ex. Entry deadline extended by 2 days. Judging date extended by 2 days.)
  2. This will give you more time to judge and the contestants more time to practice and record. ( You should still try to finish ASAP.)
  3. There will be NO TOLERANCE for any late judging.
  4. You must be available at least a day or two every week (to do your judging duties).
  5. I will be sending entries immediately after the deadline as links (downloading not required).
Ephemeral
we don't need two osu! idols going on concurrently

wait for dkun's to finish first
Jarby
3.1 is a really lousy name, you know; it doesn't even make sense! Just 4 is fine here.
Mashley
Okay whatever sign me up I'll do an entry some time
EDIT: Also yes change it to #4 please :P
Beuchi

Ephemeral wrote:

wait for dkun's to finish first
Meh, it's dead already :|

Good luck with this one~
Krisom
If dkun's is really dead, why doesn't someone takes over the current competition?
Also, to prevent that this happens again, It'd be beter if you find a co-coordinator, and ask the contestants to send the entries to him too.

Also, sing me in, I'll probably just take the recordings I did for the previous osu! idol though. What a shame
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

If dkun's is really dead, why doesn't someone takes over the current competition?
Also, to prevent that this happens again, It'd be beter if you find a co-coordinator, and ask the contestants to send the entries to him too.

Also, sing me in, I'll probably just take the recordings I did for the previous osu! idol though. What a shame
Don't forget to add the introduction. :P

In case of emergency, I will be using a co-coordinator. Chosen by me.
ddrXero64

ddrXero64 wrote:

Define introduction. Do you mean in the song or some words by me?

Edit: If there are curse words in the song, is that fine?
Can you answer these questions? I was hoping you'd get to them, I don't know how to do my submission, and the song I have has some curse words.
show more