forum

osu!-karaoke Grand Prix FINAL ROUND

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nekoroll
I'd like to judge. I don't take popularity, name, or any other attributes into account when I judge. I'm pretty critical to begin with and don't mind the possible hate that comes along with it. I also don't mind giving constructive criticism after I've given my results.

ddrXero64, don't be afraid to participate. People aren't going to judge you just by your username. osu!Idol is just for fun and can be taken seriously, but not in the way that you're going to be given a free trip to Vegas or something if you win the grand prize. lol

That being said, I encourage everyone interested to participate. :3

Also animask, I believe that there should not be a submission due date yet since we're still trying to gather participants. However, there should be a participant sign-up deadline. Something like the 18th sounds fair.

Adding on, in the rules you state that the original singer's voice can also be included in participants' recordings as long as it doesn't dominate the actual participant's voice. I think that is a pretty important rule and should be bolded. I say the participant should make an effort to find a karaoke or make a makeshift vocal-less version since there will be the select few who won't know how much to lower the original voice or raise their own. It might pose a problem in judging later on, just saying.
ddrXero64
I agree with Nekoroll.

I'll work on one now.

I'm glad Nekoroll is a judge, and I hope she judges everyone the same.

I have a bad voice. It'll be fun.

Define introduction. Do you mean in the song or some words by me?

Edit: If there are curse words in the song, is that fine?
OzzyOzrock
I AM IN, SONNNNNNNNNnn

THIS MEANS I'M IN BOTH, HELL YEAH, DOUBLE PARTICIPATION
James2250
Why do we have 2 of these going now D:
Verdisphena
lol @Ozzy
jjrocks
Sign me up for judge~
I want this thing to live!
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Note for Possible Future Judges:
  1. Judging deadlines will be 3 days before the next entries are due. (ex. Entry deadline extended by 2 days. Judging date extended by 2 days.)
  2. This will give you more time to judge and the contestants more time to practice and record. ( You should still try to finish ASAP.)
  3. There will be NO TOLERANCE for any late judging.
  4. You must be available at least a day or two every week (to do your judging duties).
  5. I will be sending entries immediately after the deadline as links (downloading not required).
Ephemeral
we don't need two osu! idols going on concurrently

wait for dkun's to finish first
Jarby
3.1 is a really lousy name, you know; it doesn't even make sense! Just 4 is fine here.
Mashley
Okay whatever sign me up I'll do an entry some time
EDIT: Also yes change it to #4 please :P
Beuchi

Ephemeral wrote:

wait for dkun's to finish first
Meh, it's dead already :|

Good luck with this one~
Krisom
If dkun's is really dead, why doesn't someone takes over the current competition?
Also, to prevent that this happens again, It'd be beter if you find a co-coordinator, and ask the contestants to send the entries to him too.

Also, sing me in, I'll probably just take the recordings I did for the previous osu! idol though. What a shame
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

If dkun's is really dead, why doesn't someone takes over the current competition?
Also, to prevent that this happens again, It'd be beter if you find a co-coordinator, and ask the contestants to send the entries to him too.

Also, sing me in, I'll probably just take the recordings I did for the previous osu! idol though. What a shame
Don't forget to add the introduction. :P

In case of emergency, I will be using a co-coordinator. Chosen by me.
ddrXero64

ddrXero64 wrote:

Can you answer these questions? I was hoping you'd get to them, I don't know how to do my submission, and the song I have has some curse words.
Ephemeral
incase it wasn't clear enough the first time:

either take over dkun's or wait for his to finish. afaik he is actually moving forward with it now after having been busy with stuff.
ddrXero64
This contest is such a mess. I don't think I'll submit an entry, I rather wait until a fresh contest comes up in months rather than be confused about what's going on now...
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Ephemeral wrote:

either take over dkun's or wait for his to finish. afaik he is actually moving forward with it now after having been busy with stuff.
I'll give him a week more.
KoromoAmae

Ephemeral wrote:

The point of these events is for players to have fun. Sitting around for well over half a month waiting for somebody to press the "send" button is not fun. Simply renaming this event would have been fine as well. I was going to call it "osu karaoke grand prix," but this thread was made the day after I made a suggestion in the current season's thread.

Also, if this does move forward, get rid of the ridiculous no-background rule for the first round. Its sole purpose was to eliminate people in the first place, and it really detracts from the enjoyment and quality of the contestants.
Xgor
This osu!Ídol better get a end.

Oh well, joining!
Lanttu
Blah, joining. If this one dies as well I'll be crying waterfalls. ;_;
Beuchi
;) Well, if in the next week we don't know anything about dkun and the entries, I guess I can join this one as judge... if possible :P

lol, dkun's back, nevermind :v
Sinistro
Hey guys, dkun over at the other contest just sent us the entries to judge, so I guess that's active again.

To avoid confusion, would you mind modifying this contest's name or something?

Thanks for your understanding :)
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Sinistro wrote:

Hey guys, dkun over at the other contest just sent us the entries to judge, so I guess that's active again.

To avoid confusion, would you mind modifying this contest's name or something?

Thanks for your understanding :)
"osu! Karaoke Grand Prix" it is.

Also, someone should make me a new logo to use.
Nekoroll
How's this?

Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
@NekoRoll

Thanks, I'll be using it now~
Lanttu
In case the osu!idol actually continues anyways, I guess it's also forbidden to send the same mp3 to both competitions? :3

That logo is full of awesome btw<3
Sinistro
IMO don't be lazy! Send different ones!
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Sign-ups are almost over!
Mashley
Errr, I might be a little over the entry deadline. Only by like a day, but still.
Krisom
Wait, the entry deadline is today? i thought today was the sing up deadline!
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

Wait, the entry deadline is today? i thought today was the sing up deadline!
No, just the sign-ups. The sign-up deadline is today.

There's still time to sign-up though.

Less than 12 hours though.
Nekoroll
:3 Gonna be a small crowd this time, I see.
Zelos
I'm probably gonna replace Beuchi-chan.

So to let you peeps know I will be judging probably!

I wish you contestants the best of luck!
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Time to finish up your entries.

Send them to me by PM when you're finished.

Don't forget the self-introduction at the start.
ddrXero64

ddrXero64 wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

Can you answer these questions? I was hoping you'd get to them, I don't know how to do my submission, and the song I have has some curse words.

ddrXero64 wrote:

This contest is such a mess. I don't think I'll submit an entry, I rather wait until a fresh contest comes up in months rather than be confused about what's going on now...
I was confused about this, I didn't think I was going to submit, and I didn't plan to. But I got the PM, and I guess I could do one, but I'm still confused. I don't mean to sound like a noob or something, but I've never done this, so I'm just making sure. Dunno what the introduction should have, and whether swears are ok.

Also, it would REALLY help if someone could post an example, from youtube or something, just so I know what I'm doing. Thanks...
alvisto

ddrXero64 wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

I was confused about this, I didn't think I was going to submit, and I didn't plan to. But I got the PM, and I guess I could do one, but I'm still confused. I don't mean to sound like a noob or something, but I've never done this, so I'm just making sure. Dunno what the introduction should have, and whether swears are ok.

Also, it would REALLY help if someone could post an example, from youtube or something, just so I know what I'm doing. Thanks...
I don't think details or technicalities are that much important though, cause we are having a fun competition, not a serious competition.

Last time I did an introduction for season 2, where I said that, "Hello, I am alvisto. I will be singing kimi no shiranai monogatari from supercell" with that laughable asian japanese-like english accent. Well, Larto removed the introduction anyway... xD

I think this time I will be saying more though for introduction, just for the fun of it. xD

also, can someone sticky this ?

also I like the concept of non-elimination and grand prix ! xD
ddrXero64
...fine. I will *try* (Key word try) to do one today, but I'm such a perfectonist in certain things. So it'll take me forever, knowing it'll suck. Okay, I'll get on it then...

UPDATE: I finished my submission. I'll be sending a link to a streaming video with the audio though, unless it's absolutely necessary you guys download it. If so, I can put up a download link too. When you said PM I didn't know in what format, so I hope a video with audio is fine. The video is just a picture, I put the audio with it using Windows Movie Maker Vista, so it's all good (I was able to fix the audio levels too with that).

Intro is like 35 secs, clip is like 2:31. So in total it's like 3:06, hope that's fine.

Edit: What's a puush or uppy? Can someone give me proper directions for that stuff please? I downloaded puush a while ago, but not sure how it should be used...

Edit 2: I think I got it, I'll send it now.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Your voice clip should be sent to my PM box! puush or an uppy uploaded file is required. (Include song and artist names.)
lol sub'd to this thread with notifications

Read the rules.
ddrXero64
sorry dude, I didn't know what either was. I just learned how to use it though, my bad. (I edited my post) :)
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
It's alright.

Just remember to save as a .wav or .mp3 (lulz) instead of a .wma file.

I already converted the one you gave me so everythings cool.
show more