forum

I cant read stepmania skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tornado
This might be a weird thread but; I cant read any type of Stepmania skin.

I mean; I can read the Default skin,very shiny skins.Sometimes I open Hidden mode and I can still read them

But; the arrows of the stepmania skin...I just cant read it no matter how big-small the arrows are or the colors.I mess up my accuracy really bad either if I play nomod or playing with Hidden.It was like this since I started Osu!mania.Thats also why Im playing with a custom skin for a few months.I really dont know what is wrong with me.

I am actually fine with my current skin but; I would also like to get adapted to the stepmania skin too.I really want to read it.

Did anyone had a problem with it?
yetii
I can't read it and it doesnt really bother me, just use whatever u like
Bobbias
I can't read arrows in osu!mania, but I can read them in stepmania just fine. I can read bars in osu!mania, but I can't read them in stepmania at all. On top of that, I can read upscroll in stepmania, but not in osu!mania, and I can read downscroll in osu!mania, but not in stepmania.

It's all about practice. Spend enough time with a skin and you will adjust to it. I'm like this because Stepmania with upscroll arrows was my first rhythm game, then I played o2jam, which is downscroll with bars.
Caput Mortuum
I mainly use arrows and I can't read any bricks nor balls (=
Topic Starter
Tornado
Idk,I always found most of the Mania skins very cool,thats why I want to read them all :p

But I was actually thinking of why people mostly uses stepmania skin instead of a simple skin.Thats why I want to learn to read stepmania skin too ^^
Edgar_Figaro

Tornado wrote:

But I was actually thinking of why people mostly uses stepmania skin instead of a simple skin.Thats why I want to learn to read stepmania skin too ^^
A lot of people like arrow skins simply because they came from a game like stepmania, FFR, or DDR which all use arrows and so it is what they are accustomed to reading. On the other hand people that played games such as O2jam, guitar hero, or rock band are more familiar with reading bar layouts and so they like those better. Changing skins can help you improve if it's easier for you to read, but switching repeatedly will only hinder your progress.

One thing to note which may be why you are having difficulty reading is due to the offset. Not sure what the visual offset is in each of the games but some require the hit at a different position than other games. So it is possible that the arrow skin you are using has an offset different from stepmania so that your judgement timing is off. Try tinkering with your skin folders judgement offset and see if you notice any improvements.

Of course if you don't care about any of that and just like switching skins for fun then do just that. Don't ever let people tell you how to enjoy the game. I personally only am happy if I am playing at my best but many don't care about that which is fine.
Monheim
n
DevilLord
I do bar, circle, arrow and rotating one lewl
johnmedina999
This might be a bit late but it's still on the front page so I figure it's OK.
I can't read arrow skins at all either because I'm accustomed to the colors of DDR: red, blue, yellow, and green for 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/12 respectively. I can't have a whole column red and another column blue, it messes up my reading. If I could have the colors from DDR, I would be a lot better off in this game, but you can't do that without hacking the game.

Personally, I use bars instead.
Bobbias
Honestly, if you force yourself to play with an arrow skin long enough you will learn to read it just fine. It's really just whether or not you want to spend that much time or not.
Nyxialist

Eraser wrote:

I mainly use arrows and I can't read any bricks nor balls (=

THIS. On top of this, I just get a really shite accuracy with bar skins, whereas my accuracy with arrow skins is great. It's a shame, because I really like the way IIDX and O2Jam skins look.
[Gaia]_old
I came from Pump It Up which uses arrows and is upscroll (not that it helped me with o!m at all) and use bars and downscroll, so ye, just preference I guess.