forum

Display total A, B, C, D, S, etc ranks in profile [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ijah_old
It's a thing I and probably others would want to be able to view,
and seeing as you cannot view the rankings past 5,000, it is impossible to see these statistics.

That's why I'm suggesting that in the general section of the profile page having something that looks similar to this:

The HTML for that is available here: http://pastebin.com/AT1NmAaG
OzzyOzrock
I think this had been requested before (though not like this), and would be a nice thing, but I forgot why it couldn't be...

I don't really support this, as eh, it's not that important. I'd much rather be able to know WHERE MY Bs As and Cs are.
KRZY

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I think this had been requested before (though not like this), and would be a nice thing, but I forgot why it couldn't be...

I don't really support this, as eh, it's not that important. I'd much rather be able to know WHERE MY Bs As and Cs are.

Sort by rank option is available in-game~
OzzyOzrock
I always remember that not working... hmm

EDIT: Ok I fail.
Starrodkirby86
This used to exist around 2008 or so.

Then it was too heavy on the server, if I recall correctly, and it was discontinued indefinitely. After all, imagine it scouring through the whole database for each and every username, just searching for ranks.

Then again, something kind of like that is done for the Top 5000 or so, but once more, that one's limited to SS's, S's, and A's (And users).

I guess just use what KRZY suggested for the time being, if you don't delete your maps.
James2250

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

This used to exist around 2008 or so.

Then it was too heavy on the server, if I recall correctly, and it was discontinued indefinitely. After all, imagine it scouring through the whole database for each and every username, just searching for ranks.
I thought I imagined it being there earlier on in osu! for a while there :P

Seeing as it was around before and removed (peppy wasn't a big fan of it) I don't see it coming back any time soon so gonna deny this
peppy
I'm happy to add this (it was never present before, for what it's worth). It would only be for SS, S and A, though.
arien666

peppy wrote:

I'm happy to add this (it was never present before, for what it's worth). It would only be for SS, S and A, though.
Question: Does this system work only for osu!standard, or work for all 3 game-modes?
peppy
All, of course.
James2250

peppy wrote:

But Derek said you didn't like it and removed it.. :(
(and I am sure I saw it list my S's, A's etc in profile when I started osu...oh well guess not)
Derekku

James2250 wrote:

But Derek said you didn't like it and removed it.. :(
*scratches head* Maybe I'm thinking of another old stat that used to be in profiles, then. :? :?
peppy
You used to be able to see them on the overall ranking. Maybe you are thinking about accuracy breakdowns.
Derekku

peppy wrote:

You used to be able to see them on the overall ranking.
"Used to"? They're still there. :p

peppy wrote:

Maybe you are thinking about accuracy breakdowns.
Yeah, that's it; my bad! :D
peppy
Still there, but no longer visible outside the first n-thousand.
Hiyorin
What happened to the account standing at the bottom of your profile? It used to be there for a while and now it's gone. I couldn't find a mention of it anywhere after removal?
peppy
Totally off-subject, but it only appears when necessary now.
Sander-Don
oh god yes, this is cool.
Ibuki Suika
:roll:
It will give me more strength to complete the 10,000SS
peppy
Added this in:

I might consider adding the lesser grades at a later point.
OzzyOzrock
Woo!
Mara
Hoorraah! No need to check rankings anymore.
rEdo

peppy wrote:

I might consider adding the lesser grades at a later point.
+1
lesser grades would look a lot, A LOT better. those bigger ones are making so many blank space around, and it doesn't looks good at all ._.' also, i think it's a good idea to put that line between Total Score and Current Level.

besides, great idea :3 so many people were cheching how many ranks they have, and it was sooo annoying to go all the way through the Overall Ranking list.
subarasikibuta
got it 8-)
btw is it possible to see which map i've got an A or other ranks? :oops:
OzzyOzrock

3kinnagi wrote:

got it 8-)
btw is it possible to see which map i've got an A or other ranks? :oops:
You could sort by rank in-game :3
RhaiizoN
this is kewl! :D
-----
It's awesome :)
Zetta
Oh goddamn pepsi, I love you.
Firo Prochainezo
Oh wow, didn't saw it coming. This is great. :D
Kurowolfe

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Oh wow, didn't saw it coming. This is great. :D
Same here, and I'm loving it! :)
Bittersweet
Its cool, but looks ugly.
Sander-Don
This is great.
Derekku

Bittersweet wrote:

Its cool, but looks ugly.
I wouldn't say "ugly", but they are a bit choppy from being scaled down from the larger images...
Zetta
You guys sure you're looking at the same thing?

Looks perfectly fine to me.
Derekku
*tries a cache refresh* Nope... still the same choppiness as peppy's example and the OP. Tested on both FF 3.6 and IE 9 and it's the same.
Gonzvlo

Derekku wrote:

*tries a cache refresh* Nope... still the same choppiness as peppy's example and the OP. Tested on both FF 3.6 and IE 9 and it's the same.
Chrome <3
Bittersweet
Ranks are fine here too, i wasnt talking about quality of images, but the whole thing itself. Huge images to default font and lots of empty space. I personaly dislike, but its not a real issue o.o
OzzyOzrock
Lol, ok now I want the rest of the ranks to be included because it makes it look like A ranks are a bad thing (which they are, but I want people to know that I have nothing below an A [oh wait, impossistream maps... *headesk*])
Verdisphena
This is cool, looks nice
theowest
I'd still like to see my platinum S, platinum SS, B, C and D ranks.. Why not? D:
Kii-Sakurada
I also would like too see all my ranks, not only the good ones D:
peppy
The other ranks are currently not stored in the database, and would need to be calculated and updated on an ongoing basis. This can be done at some point, but my efforts are currently elsewhere.
theowest

peppy wrote:

The other ranks are currently not stored in the database, and would need to be calculated and updated on an ongoing basis. This can be done at some point, but my efforts are currently elsewhere.

Ohh.. That makes sense.
Derekku
One-year bump (now that there have been recent optimizations)~
peppy
I don't see the need. It's nothing to do with optimisations, anyway.
Derekku
Eh, it was worth a shot. :p
JappyBabes
Thread title says added, is it in the works or is that a mistake?
Yuugo

peppy wrote:

I don't see the need. It's nothing to do with optimisations, anyway.
Please read the thread :S
JappyBabes

peppy wrote:

This can be done at some point.
Haven't seen anything in changelog or in this thread yet it says 'Added', as in it has already been added unless it was added to a check-list of sorts.
Pokie

JappyBabes wrote:

peppy wrote:

This can be done at some point.
Haven't seen anything in changelog or in this thread yet it says 'Added', as in it has already been added unless it was added to a check-list of sorts.

peppy wrote:

Check this post on first page
-Athena-
If it displayed my C's and D's the server would probably crash XD
show more