Hello. There is a minor issue I've found while playing your highest diff.
02:44:572 - This kiai starts late, while on the other diffs it starts on this spot. Changed
[Beyond Astronomical Twilight]
- 00:27:384 - Well, there are some inherited points that do nothing like 00:27:384 - this one. You can just change the volume to 67% on 00:27:345 - that one, no need for 2nd inherited point. This situation exists on this SV build-up generally. Technically it does something. As the volume changes were all made months before I even considered adding SV, of course it may look weird considering they don't match up. To further reason why I won't bother changing this, you just stated above about kiai inconsistency between difficulties, and altering this would make the volume change at different times between difficulties (also really, this doesn't impact gameplay at all, so...)
- 00:22:697 - Considering main notes are on vocal sounds (referring to 00:23:165 (91,92,93) - these for example) I recommend deleting this note. Perhaps you heard incorrectly, 00:22:384 (86,87,88,89,90,91) is six notes for the six words in the vocals "lights are out and there's sweat."
Did change to dkkddk though because it sounds nicer.
- 00:36:759 (197) - I think a finisher works here nicely. Sounds good
- 01:20:822 ~ 01:21:290 - My suggestion between these spots is (kkkd) d (kddk) d (paranthesis means 1/6) while kddk fits pretty well on those high-pitched background sounds. After revising this, I realised that the first 1/6 at 01:20:822 (603,604,605,606) doesn't continuously rise, so I changed it to a dkkd. The second 1/6 at 01:21:134 (608,609,610,611) however will remain as is because it matches a sound I make as kkkd throughout the entire map. As it stands now, I am satisfied with (dkkd)d(kkkd)d(kkkkkkd) as it sounds well and isn't awkward to play like (dkkk)d(kkkd) was.
- 03:21:290 - You missed some of the 1/6 sounds like this one, and you mapped them everywhere else. There is no reason to skip this one too, for example.
If you agree, 03:06:290 - make this 1/6 too. dddk would be nice due to the sounds. There are a few occurences like that, so please change them all if you agree. Changed; I had the same 1/6 mapped between all of my bookmarks for consistency sake, this just changed between kiai and non-kiai.
I suppose I'll add dddk at 02:51:290 as well then.
- 03:08:009 - 03:18:009 - Even though these flow good, they don't really represent a specific sound like the other 1/6 patterns. Please consider them changing to 1/4.
Jaye wrote:I debated quite a lot with myself how to do this, I tried dkdddd(kkkd) and dk(dddd)d(kkkd); the first doesn't do the sounds justice and the second is just straight up awkward to play.From response to Arrival.
I will change it if a better idea comes along.
To further add, making the (kkkd) a 1/4 kkd also just makes me ignore mapping a 1/6, which you stated earlier I should be doing in certain places that I missed (even though that was intentional).
Risk it for the biscuit.
Call me back when you fix this.