forum

when did this community get soo fucking cancerous???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wfinal467
playing some games in multi and it starts getting fucking cancerous, the fuck did it get this far?

I remember when people didn't bitch about the map, but now its "isn't it too easy" or "do a harder difficulty".

can't people just fucking be happy that they are playing against other people?

why is it always "isn't it too easy?" to the new players?

I am so fucking annoyed when people who is used to play harder maps to be little newer players 'cause they ain't used to harder maps.

I missed the days when people encouraged each other, why can't we be like the old days?

we should make new players want to play the game, not quit!
if they quit, who is gonna make this game refreshing? make it improve?

if everyone is gonna bitch about the difficulty, how the fuck is anyone going to have fun playing wonderful game?

all I really want to say to every fucker who play this game, show some fucking respect you fucking arsehole.

we need these new players to make a better community, not make a toxic one with the people we got now!

if you can agree with me, then you are a more decent person than anyone one else that plays.

p.s. yes I am drunk
Tae
same tbh
Luqanted
its not the osu! community, but the internet tbh
Topic Starter
wfinal467
I was playing with a new player and the abuse that person was getting made me sick with the game tbh :(
o x
Blame off-topic
Jellyblob
x
Rurree
community is wayy larger now compared to 6 years ago
Jellyblob
x
Topic Starter
wfinal467
If new players are the hosts is it fair to ask them to play harder maps if they are trying to get into the game?

Is it fair to hound them when they play easier maps?

I think people who bitch the maps being too easy should either make their own game or find a harder game
EneT
I haven't even played this game in a year so I can't really say. I stopped when PewdiePie uploaded a video of him playing the game which resulted in a lot of his fans flooding into the game; that may be the cause of it.
Topic Starter
wfinal467
Those idiots would played till the next fad that twat puts on his channel
Mints
Well one thing the Internet is unlike years ago, so will osu! Community be. And if the person birches about easy difficulty in a newb room thn I understand that it's disrespectful, but if a new player joins a room with full 4-5 digits/ room specifies 6* etc etc, thn I won't be blaming the person bitching XD
Endaris
Most new players pick maps way too hard for them voluntarily for some odd reason. They are also the ones that tend to request harder maps.
I usually find myself being the one asking players of much lower rank to pick something easier when they figure that 6* map is a REALLY good idea.
Topic Starter
wfinal467
All players can check the lvl of players and know it's a noob room, still doesn't mean experienced players should belittle newer players
Topic Starter
wfinal467
Endaris I understand your point, but when it's 1 to 2 1/4 stars, should players belittle new players for easy maps?
Endaris
Ofc not.
Then again, I haven't encountered the case you described before and I'm occasionally camping in 3* rooms at least when I'm feeling like practicing EZ/EZHD and there I mostly encountered the behaviour described by me.
Jellyblob
x
winber1
op is faggot
Rilene

EneT wrote:

I haven't even played this game in a year so I can't really say. I stopped when PewdiePie uploaded a video of him playing the game which resulted in a lot of his fans flooding into the game; that may be the cause of it.
I don't think generic PewDiePie fans lasts a week of osu!.
Rurree
RILENE PLEASE CHECK THE BEATMAP THREAD OF MY MAP THAT YOU MODDED I THINK I FIXED EVERYTHING (obv not everything but you get what i mean, i'm sure it needs more mods)
NarixuZen
simply add the fact that people leave when you switch to a beatmap they never had.
Rilene
dang, you got me in a wrong time because i turned pc off
ok, it will be tomorrow evening
Railey2

EneT wrote:

when pewdiepie made his video, the veteran osu players launched their biggest campaign to belittle and make fun of new players yet. So.. no. Pewdiepies fans have little to do with it. Petty assholes that boost their ego through looking down on less experienced players have always been around.
HootOwlStar
people are realistic and individualistic, and not everyone could think via common sense nor correct mindsets. the community is always cancerous anyway, not only in this game but the actual society, it's just that the probability distribution of games having bitches is uneven due to different preferences of people, and this game seems unlucky in a way or another lolz.

when one figured out there are people acting wrongly, correcting them for the sake of justice is always the positive way.
Offdensen
I remember when I sucked at this game,and someone joined at the same time I did,beat me in a map I had no idea what to do in.
Along with a skype call,I was beaten down.

This is why I do not do multi anymore.
Railey2

FelicianoGasai wrote:

I remember when I sucked at this game,and someone joined at the same time I did,beat me in a map I had no idea what to do in.
Along with a skype call,I was beaten down.

This is why I do not do multi anymore.
because you got shit on once? For that reason, you reject the entirety of multiplayer?

That's like saying I tripped over a rock once therefore I will never go outside again.
Jellyblob
x
Endaris

Railey2 wrote:

EneT wrote:

when pewdiepie made his video, the veteran osu players launched their biggest campaign to belittle and make fun of new players yet. So.. no. Pewdiepies fans have little to do with it. Petty assholes that boost their ego through looking down on less experienced players have always been around.
That being said, Pewdiepie made a really onesided video..."anime as fuck". Seriously. It's hard to embrace the followers of someone who slates osu! like that.
Railey2
osu is a game that you really need to play for a while to get the hang of it. Of course he can't just go into it and make a super comprehensive review, doing justice to every single aspect of the game.

He captured the perception of someone who just starts the game up for the first time moderately well. It kind of is anime af.
winber1

Railey2 wrote:

osu is a game that you really need to play for a while to get the hang of it. Of course he can't just go into it and make a super comprehensive review, doing justice to every single aspect of the game.

He captured the perception of someone who just starts the game up for the first time moderately well. It kind of is anime af.
we'll make a wall, a great wall, and then we'll deport all the weebs #makeosugreatagain
Endaris

Railey2 wrote:

There is "anime" and then there's catering to the negative side of the weeaboo-cliché. Imo he did the latter.

I have at least one person on my friend list who came to osu! through pewdiepie and he is legitimately ashamed of it.

Good idea, binwer.
Jellyblob
x
Railey2

Endaris wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

There is "anime" and then there's catering to the negative side of the weeaboo-cliché. Imo he did the latter.

I have at least one person on my friend list who came to osu! through pewdiepie and he is legitimately ashamed of it.

Good idea, binwer.
time for osu to stop being a trash game then.

The default skin is really ugly, the tutorial is garbage, default hitsounds are annoying and what the fuck is going on with combobursts?

It only becomes a decent game once you've cut through all the trash, as in...got a proper skin and downloaded some good maps.

If people want others to not see this game as "anime as fuck", then maybe we should stop having nanahira maps with lolis in the background. This is definitely our fault.
Zain Sugieres
You are all trash at this game
Stefan
Playing MP alone in osu! is like playing any MMO or MOBA alone and/or with randoms.
Llahmah 2
The high ranks are cancerous. *popcorn*
ColdTooth
It got cancerous when the new ranking system for maps got into place
show more