forum

[invalid] Return the old pp system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
the old pp system was better and worked better
it should get back
Starrodkirby86
It's more than likely that the old system will never come back. Despite ppv2's flaws, ppv1's biggest problem was the emphasis on PP in relative ranks on scoreboards, giving more emphasis to getting a higher score in the rankings and not necessarily the map's contents itself. There's a lot more, but that's down the rabbit hole of those discussions.

On the flipside, I don't believe ppv2 is being actively worked upon from this point either. Any proposal for a new system would need to be thought upon ourselves, or some farsighted thought towards osu!next.
o x
I agree with Kirby, ppv1 will most likely never return. I also think that both systems have their flaws, you can argue both sides, ppv2 was really nice before mappers started mapping a lot of maps solely for pp. This is just as much the players fault for being pp greedy :C

I also don't think this is worth making a post over, there are plenty pp system proposals that you can find in Feature Request other than saying to go back to the old system. There are still lots of arguments about pp in the community so I don't think making a feature request will solve anything.
Stefan
Please do not make requests like that, thank you.

If you believe there is room for improvement, please leave a constructive post in t/181850.