F D Flourite wrote:[Continue]
- Offset +6ms for both red lines. Pop the bubble due to timing issue. Note that the following suggestions were made before timing change. oof, i increased it by 10.
- I still think that AR9.5 is high for such a map. BPM is below 180, random 1/2 jumps and antiflows are everywhere, while 1/4 patterns are not complex. Most breaks by me are in 1/2 sections. AR9.3 would probably fit it better. The song is quite streamy so I'd rather keep the ar, however, if other people think I should decrease it I don't mind.
- 01:47:527 (1,2) - can be slightly shorter on its distance because of the flo w its meant as a dash for the vocals actually, I'd rather keep it!
- 02:40:840 (4,5) - can be a HDash? would make it incosistent with other parts like 00:56:965 (2,3) - I wanna keep the hdashes at the finishers/vocals
- 02:49:926 (5,6,7,8,1) - not sure if the flow is made intentional, but I'd prefer at least a bit of curve at 02:50:097 (7,8) - fix, its no longer awkward to play
- 02:59:526 (3,1) - this jump seems pretty unnatural and random... no longer awks!
- 05:02:440 (4,5,6) - you may use equal distance (by increasing 05:02:440 (4,5) - ) instead of curve to express the build-up from 05:01:926 (1) - to 05:03:469 (1) - I'd rather increase the gradually increase of distance if that's ok ):
- 06:43:926 (6,1) - Hmm, flow can be better? Now they're pretty much overlapped, but music at 06:44:097 - is obviously starting a new section, as your NC indicates. Something that makes more difference would help. fixed up this part a bit!
My osu! collapsed...
F D Flourite wrote:I still prefer AR9.3
Haha he said it himself!
Ascendance wrote:i'm a bad nominator
I don't really think any of the things you pointed out are DQ worthy but if anyone else have anything to add, please say so ^^
Divine Cake wrote:Sorry Benny but i do not feel this map is ready for rank just yet. I have some issues i would like to have addressed. Marking more important problems in red.[Verethragna]
00:10:161 (1,2,3) - and 00:11:018 (5,6,7) - spacing between these vertical sliders are inadequate to emphasis the sound imo. There's vaguely any sound to emphasise
00:18:390 (1,2) - ^ ^
00:19:076 (1,2) - this breaks quite a bit with the other 1/4 sliders in the section, the other 1/4 sliders are pretty comfortable to play with tap dashing while this one goes more towards holding dash. i would tilt sliders more up and increase spacing a bit. Since when was variety a problem? o:
01:00:904 (1) - not starting stream along with vocals like 02:44:789 - sounds extremely awkward. feels like you first start following vocals but just stop after one slider. Would either map it closer to vocal, so streams like 01:01:590 (1,2,3,4) - should be mapped with a 1/2 rhythm instead. Could also map like 02:44:789 - Although I agree I should've started the steam earlier to be consistent with 02:44:789 - I don't think mapping this entire section as 1/2 is a good idea lol.
01:48:904 (1) - increase sv too little movement to make any impact on direction changes. There seems to be no structure or sense in how this slider moves either, direction changes comes a bit after or before changes in pitch. The vocals changes are really really vague,
nothing to emphasise and I don't want any harsh movements
01:54:733 (1) - increase sv to make pattern more clear. If I increase sv here, this will be a dash slider which doesn't fit at all imo
03:25:932 (1) - increase sv on this to make it more similar in play to your overdose on Luminates ninelie (timestamp in ninelie: 01:49:255 (1) - ). having this low-ish movement slider path is just too overemphasized. This isn't ninelie, that was a gimmick i went for that don't fit here at all. In ninelie there are distinct drums that the sliders follow but here there's just the wubs
03:36:903 (1) - same goes for this one. the flow just stops and we are treated to an awkward calm slider in a pretty intense part.
since my last four points have been about sliders let me add one more argument about sliders. 03:53:360 (1) - is completely fine, fits to the music, but because of all the slider patterns discussed before this one is almost as movement heavy, implying to me it should be on almost as strong a sound. Just some more justification to buff other sliders. There's no dash pattern here either so I don't see your point tbh xD
03:53:360 (1,1) - increase spacing. this low spacing overemphasizes the vocal starting on 2nd slider. If you really think this is DQ worthy I'll consider adding abit distance here
04:05:703 (1,1) - 14.5x is too strong here. keep it around 9x-10x Sure, it could be a bit shorter, however I think it's a nice effect to the new section
04:09:817 - repeating basically the same pattern 4 times (or 8 depending on how picky you are differentiating 04:09:817 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - from 04:12:560 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - since movement is almost the same). some horizontal movement could work perfectly fine here without making it overemphasized. lol that was kind of the point
04:30:732 (2,3,1) - spacing should be nerfed between 3 and 1 imo. the section prior to this is pretty calm and isn't demanding fast recoveries from the player. if you're not paying attention you will fly to the left and miss 1, if you are following the tempo of the music you will not be ready to hit 1 because 2 sounds like the climax part leading to a calmer section, but with a surprise strong beat on 1. That was also kind of the point, the strong dash after the hdash brings more strength into 1 imo but if people think it should be changed..
06:00:903 - section too 06:11:875 - has too little spacing variation. since spacing between walks and dashes are so close, i randomly tap dash where i feel i need to instead of to any structure in the song itself. buff distance where you want your dashes (eg. 06:01:417 (4,5,6,1) - ) and also maybe nerf walk a bit so the diffrence is more clear and a clear emphasis is put on the right places. It's not that big of a deal imo, it's not that hard to tell the difference, at least I dash consistently on every vocal
Getting really close to ranking tho, hopefully the last time i mod this >.< Mostly very sold, fun to see your progression since you first started mapping this all those years ago, you knew nothing about mapping, i knew nothing about modding. Look where we are now, you getting your maps ranked, and i still don't know anything about modding.