forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ayesha Altugle
make default-# (# means numbers from 0-9) look like a hitcircle and set "HitCircleOverlap:" (in your skin's skin.ini) the same widh of the Image dimension

the perfect example of that is Unbewusst skin.
nopanone

vahn10 wrote:

make default-# (# means numbers from 0-9) look like a hitcircle and set "HitCircleOverlap:" (in your skin's skin.ini) the same widh of the Image dimension

the perfect example of that is Unbewusst skin.
Oh thats great, i was looking so long for that, thanks for help!
viionc XD
I have problem with my warning arrow.
This is how it is supposed to look:

but in game it is red, any ideas why?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
New skin behaviour is adding red overlay because peppy say so.
fantazyjny
Hi !
Probably somebody else asked for that but there is 100+ pages......

IS there a way to use Version 1 spinners with new beatmap panel layout ?
TouchFluffyTail

fantazyjny wrote:

Hi !
Probably somebody else asked for that but there is 100+ pages......

No since version 1 spinners are version 1, and the new beatmap panels are version 2.2.
fantazyjny
ah... as I thought

thanks for reply ;]
XPJ38

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Now you can:

Fahe
Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my current skin, on the ranking panel, can't seem to make the three buttons (ranking-"replay", "retry" and "back")appear for some reason, everytime I change them it doesn't change anything and I have the default ones instead.
Any ideas ?
[cocoa]_old

Fahe wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my current skin, on the ranking panel, can't seem to make the three buttons (ranking-"replay", "retry" and "back")appear for some reason, everytime I change them it doesn't change anything and I have the default ones instead.
Any ideas ?
well make sure the file is *.png not *.jpg next the name must be "pause-replay.png" for replay "pause-retry.png" for retry and for the back you no need this since is there no element using "ranking-back" again, if still not work add
Version: latest
or
Version: 2.2
or
Version: 2.1
or
Version: 2.0
in the skin.ini
Fahe
Thank you cocoa,

checked the files type and they are .png, tried to change the skin.ini as you suggested, none of them worked (it was already set to 2.2).
I'm really puzzled as these two buttons are the only thing not working in the skin...
[cocoa]_old

Fahe wrote:

Thank you cocoa,

checked the files type and they are .png, tried to change the skin.ini as you suggested, none of them worked (it was already set to 2.2).
I'm really puzzled as these two buttons are the only thing not working in the skin...
well did you check the name of file??? you know on v2.2 "ranking-replay,retry & back.png" it's not working again so you should re-naming the file to "pause-replay" for replay and "pause-retry" for retry, anyway can you provide the screenshot of the element who not working pls.
robin
Hello osu friends, is there a way to remove the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect from my screen when playing multiplayer?
deadbeat
nope
[cocoa]_old

Kasunchop wrote:

Hello osu friends, is there a way to remove the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect from my screen when playing multiplayer?

deadbeat wrote:

nope
Fahe
Thanks a lot cocoa, renaming the files worked, I have to rework a bit the "pause-" images but it's now working fine !
BloonZ
Hi guys,

Is there any way to fill up the blank bar at the bottom of the spinner screen (under where spinner-metre.png starts)? I was playing around with spinner-rpm.png, but that doesn't seem to work since the picture doesn't start from the left edge of the screen.
[cocoa]_old
Hi everyone just a litle question
Ayesha Altugle
Yes and it's filename is taiko-glow.png
[cocoa]_old

vahn10 wrote:

Yes and it's filename is taiko-glow.png
wow thank you for the fast answer :D
[ Zan ]
I'm trying to get the same type of blur as this:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
TouchFluffyTail

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
I only use photoshop so I can only advise on that, but to do that easily you can create a mask on the layer (button on the bottom bar of the layers window), then select the mask and use the gradient tool with it set to reflected gradient with 'reverse' checked, then you just set the gradient horizontally and you should have it.

Just a quick explanation so feel free to ask if I need to elaborate on anything.
[ Zan ]

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
I only use photoshop so I can only advise on that, but to do that easily you can create a mask on the layer (button on the bottom bar of the layers window), then select the mask and use the gradient tool with it set to reflected gradient with 'reverse' checked, then you just set the gradient horizontally and you should have it.

Just a quick explanation so feel free to ask if I need to elaborate on anything.
I don't know if you can answer this since it's gimp but I assume it's similar to PS:

Which setting do I choose?

Is this what you mean by reverse for the gradient?

And what colors for the gradient..?
TouchFluffyTail
Geez, I assume you can do the same thing that I mentioned in Gimp but looking at that I have no idea what the equivalent actions would be.

Sorry, haha.Gunna have to wait for someone who uses Gimp. :o
mrgkevin
I can't figure out how to change my slider colors :(
Halp
Chaoslitz

mrgkevin wrote:

Halp
You can change it in the skin.ini file
By adding SliderTrackOverride: 'The colour you want'
Ayesha Altugle

Chaoslitz wrote:

mrgkevin wrote:

Halp
You can change it in the skin.ini file
By adding SliderTrackOverride: 'The colour you want'

Remember this code

SliderTrackOverride: R,G,B
Chaoslitz

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?

Can anyone explain these steps with picture :o
(Bad at English :(
TouchFluffyTail

Chaoslitz wrote:

;)
Chaoslitz

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Chaoslitz wrote:

;)
yay thats awesome :)
Thanks!
kiki
Could someone explain how to remove slider ends (I know how to do this) and not break 10+ combos?
Here is what I mean:

This is from Legendre's latest video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kD2JFYOqjQ.

He has the slider ends removed, which I know you edit the default numbers to look like hitcircles, but how isn't it broken for 10+ combos?
TouchFluffyTail
You have to use
HitCircleOverlap
in the [Fonts] section of the skin.ini. The exact value you have to use it dependent on your element size so you're going to have to trial and error the exact value.

I'm not exactly sure how he figured out a way to not have silly 10+ combos though, will require testing.
kiki

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

You have to use
HitCircleOverlap
in the [Fonts] section of the skin.ini. The exact value you have to use it dependent on your element size so you're going to have to trial and error the exact value.
I sort of know about the HitCircleOverlap value, and how it affects the hitcircles. However, the best I can come up with is this:
Asdran
hi,

Can you help me how to make a little picture in my skin too? :O

http://puu.sh/9k3wF/e93880dcdd.jpg

like this:
http://puu.sh/9k3z9/ed2a40f6bf.jpg
[cocoa]_old

Asdran wrote:

hi,

like this:
Add this
or
to your skin.ini in [General] section.
Asdran

[cocoa] wrote:

Asdran wrote:

hi,

like this:
Add this
or
to your skin.ini in [General] section.
Thank you very much *.*

And is it possible to play the background video in it? :O
That would be awesome!
Ayesha Altugle

Asdran wrote:

And is it possible to play the background video in it? :O
That would be awesome!
Request it in Feature Request subforum then.

Keanulaszlo wrote:

Could someone explain how to remove slider ends (I know how to do this) and not break 10+ combos?
Here is what I mean:

This is from Legendre's latest video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kD2JFYOqjQ.

He has the slider ends removed, which I know you edit the default numbers to look like hitcircles, but how isn't it broken for 10+ combos?
The answer is simple, you must rename your hitcircleoverlay to hitcircleoverlay-0, the hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay must be transparent.

^see combo number 10 to show that it worked

Proof Skin
AnatOWJIya
Hi there peoples.I have a question.Is it okay that i'm using parts of map's skin in my skin? (Sorry for bad English ^_^)
Rio-

STYNGY wrote:

Hi there peoples.I have a question.Is it okay that i'm using parts of map's skin in my skin? (Sorry for bad English ^_^)
It's okay if You keep It personally (not publishing It)
[cocoa]_old

vahn10 wrote:

The answer is simple, you must rename your hitcircleoverlay to hitcircleoverlay-0, the hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay must be transparent.

^see combo number 10 to show that it worked

Proof Skin
well it's solve my problem now thanks vahn10 :D
show more