1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
show more
posted
sigh... does this REALLY matter?

ok, ok, adding to the low priority list....
posted
I really admire the aesthetic vibe to it and god the sound effects are astonishing(♥A♥ ). User setup took a while but I mange wait till people start complaining about that.... Can't wait for the other colours to be available--take your time skinning them.
posted
this is such a clean skin, it was worth waiting for that time <3







love from Australia!
posted

milkymari wrote:

I really admire the aesthetic vibe to it and god the sound effects are astonishing(♥A♥ ). User setup took a while but I mange wait till people start complaining about that.... Can't wait for the other colours to be available--take your time skinning them.

Dark Light wrote:

this is such a clean skin, it was worth waiting for that time <3
thanks so much for the support!

~yeh, but unfortunately theres no way to automate the setup..... :(




love from Australia!
yassss!
posted
my question is, how were you able to center the percent under the scorebar like that? .-.
posted

ItsSurreal wrote:

my question is, how were you able to center the percent under the scorebar like that? .-.
score-percent is a blank rectangle
posted

ItsSurreal wrote:

my question is, how were you able to center the percent under the scorebar like that? .-.
And how did I dim the score and acc percent when playing?
And how is the back button on ranking panel different to the normal back button?
And how do I control notification popups?
And how does skinning the top of the song select work?
And how did I seemlessly get rid of that gap separating the ranking title from the ranking panel?

Answer: smart skinning, thinking outside of the image

(tldr the score-percent has a huge block of empty space to its right which pushes the numbers to the center.. As for the rest, figuring them out is more fun!) unfortunately osu hides this certain images that are oversized so that's why you can't see the percent image

soz for the braggg
posted
lol

any progress out there m8?
posted
It kinda feels like the spinner is wobbling a bit. Was that meant to happen?
posted

TheMadCharles wrote:

lol

any progress out there m8?
Yes, did some fixups and mania mods.

Also experimented with some cookie colour changing algorithms, all green (green lol, i mean 'good') so far!

dtnc21 wrote:

It kinda feels like the spinner is wobbling a bit. Was that meant to happen?
Nope, been wanting to fix it for a while




what was wrong with me the day i wrote this... maybe it was just autocorrect
posted
cool skin bro, it seems really nice and futuristic, i hope see it soon in various colours. :):)

Suggestion: i see in Diff mods icons (HR,SD,etc) it shows how many percentage increases the Score Multiplier. But only shows how much increases individually. It might look better if you do it like this for example: Hard Rock instead of show 1.06x show +0.06x or Double Time instead of show 1.12x shows +0.12x
did you understand what i mean?
posted
Very clean gameplay design! Even though I feel like the spacing in ranking letters seem quite off, that's just a minor problem.
posted
This skin looks great so far. There are a few things that should get some love, but I can't be bothered to elaborate on them now (on a bus to college). If I remember, I'll try to go into more depth after I'm home. My body is ready for the purple version.

I love how you constantly bring some new aspects into skinning, like the different back buttons or how you skinned the area above the search bar on the song selection screen. Keep it up. Maybe I'll get to review NIGHTGATE too.
posted
REPLIES


-Snivy3000- wrote:

cool skin bro, it seems really nice and futuristic, i hope see it soon in various colours. :):)
Suggestion: i see in Diff mods icons (HR,SD,etc) it shows how many percentage increases the Score Multiplier. But only shows how much increases individually. It might look better if you do it like this for example: Hard Rock instead of show 1.06x show +0.06x or Double Time instead of show 1.12x shows +0.12x
did you understand what i mean?
Yes, cool idea, but does it match the multiplier logic? e.g. HD, HR, FL, DT = 1.41, but if it's additive then it should equal 1.36

and also it might be confusing to others?? idk...

I fully accept the idea, but how will everyone else accept it? This is why I'm reluctant to add. Maybe i'll add in prefs, labeled 'additive display' or something

ScubDomino wrote:

Very clean gameplay design! Even though I feel like the spacing in ranking letters seem quite off, that's just a minor problem.
Oh, whats wrong?

I would like to fix it! please tell!

Incomp wrote:

This skin looks great so far. There are a few things that should get some love, but I can't be bothered to elaborate on them now (on a bus to college). If I remember, I'll try to go into more depth after I'm home. My body is ready for the purple version.
I love how you constantly bring some new aspects into skinning, like the different back buttons or how you skinned the area above the search bar on the song selection screen. Keep it up. Maybe I'll get to review NIGHTGATE too.
Thanks!! Hope you didn't miss the stop!

My re-colouring methods seem all good to go, so after all this is done, it should be easy to change colour using automation. Looking forward to it!

looking forward to your suggestions!

(and your review :P)


edits don't save after you edit it..........ayer...........
and where are the centre, left, right buttons....sandkfjnbnnmv,mnC,MXZ,MXNZ
anyway heres wat happened before i tried editing the post and it disappeared:


Just found out that i can play online, yayayayayayay!

ANNOUNCEMENT 2!

I've decided to work on all modes. CATCH THE BEAT LOOKING GOOD!



posted
omg... I did the judgment line first on my personal skin! xDD

And here's my try on CTB lul... and drops are slider balls

ScubDomino... overlaping grades in ranking panel ain't going to look good IMO
posted
Lel, I CAN READ UR MIND -noh

Nice attempt!

oh, and overlapping grades???

YASSSSSS


Taiko is nearly done! no screenshot, cuz cant be bothered :p

lol I can actually play and read taiko now... first skin that I can actually play taiko with
posted
umm... 4:3 resolution?

EDIT1: Just noticed in setup, big mode icons in 16-9 and 16-10/21-9 are different... it's black and color instead of transparent and color
I think old mods should get some love too
Default acc... that play-unranked looks out of place IMO
posted
*whats 4:3?* jks, but i don't think this skin can support that cuz there are wideeee elements in it... e.g. lifebar

these don't matter, they still produce the same result as it is additive in osu.

old mods... hmm idk what to do about them...

which one? centred or not?


TAIKO DONE, MANIA IN PROGRESS
*sigh this will take a long time... mania skinning.... so much code....*
posted

-yuo- wrote:

*whats 4:3?* jks, but i don't think this skin can support that cuz there are wideeee elements in it... e.g. lifebar
just make it shorter? I am aware this may take lot of time for all elements btw

-yuo- wrote:

which one? centred or not?
not centered
posted

h3oCharles wrote:

-yuo- wrote:

*whats 4:3?* jks, but i don't think this skin can support that cuz there are wideeee elements in it... e.g. lifebar
just make it shorter? I am aware this may take lot of time for all elements btw
uhmmmmmmm
cbs... probs colours first, but then i would continue to do another skin... no one uses 4:3 riiighttt??? *~*


-yuo- wrote:

which one? centred or not?
not centered[/quote]
ok. will figure something out

MORE SCREENIES



*mania not fully done, as u can see, and i would like to make it more colourful but idk how




*awesome glows seen in catch and osustd have been taken off because they make taiko hard to read. This might be why it doesn't look so 'woah'...**pretty done this one...
show more
Please sign in to reply.