forum

//NIGHTGATE/pro/Minimal, Futuristic, 9 Colors.//

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
-yuo-

milkymari wrote:

I really admire the aesthetic vibe to it and god the sound effects are astonishing(♥A♥ ). User setup took a while but I mange wait till people start complaining about that.... Can't wait for the other colours to be available--take your time skinning them.

Dark Light wrote:

this is such a clean skin, it was worth waiting for that time <3
thanks so much for the support!

~yeh, but unfortunately theres no way to automate the setup..... :(

love from Australia!
yassss!
Keiger
my question is, how were you able to center the percent under the scorebar like that? .-.
h3oCharles

ItsSurreal wrote:

my question is, how were you able to center the percent under the scorebar like that? .-.
score-percent is a blank rectangle
Topic Starter
-yuo-

ItsSurreal wrote:

And how did I dim the score and acc percent when playing?
And how is the back button on ranking panel different to the normal back button?
And how do I control notification popups?
And how does skinning the top of the song select work?
And how did I seemlessly get rid of that gap separating the ranking title from the ranking panel?

Answer: smart skinning, thinking outside of the image

(tldr the score-percent has a huge block of empty space to its right which pushes the numbers to the center.. As for the rest, figuring them out is more fun!) unfortunately osu hides this certain images that are oversized so that's why you can't see the percent image

soz for the braggg
h3oCharles
lol

any progress out there m8?
dtnc21
It kinda feels like the spinner is wobbling a bit. Was that meant to happen?
Topic Starter
-yuo-

TheMadCharles wrote:

lol

any progress out there m8?
Yes, did some fixups and mania mods.

Also experimented with some cookie colour changing algorithms, all green (green lol, i mean 'good') so far!

dtnc21 wrote:

It kinda feels like the spinner is wobbling a bit. Was that meant to happen?
Nope, been wanting to fix it for a while

what was wrong with me the day i wrote this... maybe it was just autocorrect
-Snivy3000-
cool skin bro, it seems really nice and futuristic, i hope see it soon in various colours. :) :)

Suggestion: i see in Diff mods icons (HR,SD,etc) it shows how many percentage increases the Score Multiplier. But only shows how much increases individually. It might look better if you do it like this for example: Hard Rock instead of show 1.06x show +0.06x or Double Time instead of show 1.12x shows +0.12x
did you understand what i mean?
ScubDomino
Very clean gameplay design! Even though I feel like the spacing in ranking letters seem quite off, that's just a minor problem.
Incomp
This skin looks great so far. There are a few things that should get some love, but I can't be bothered to elaborate on them now (on a bus to college). If I remember, I'll try to go into more depth after I'm home. My body is ready for the purple version.

I love how you constantly bring some new aspects into skinning, like the different back buttons or how you skinned the area above the search bar on the song selection screen. Keep it up. Maybe I'll get to review NIGHTGATE too.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

-Snivy3000-

-Snivy3000- wrote:

cool skin bro, it seems really nice and futuristic, i hope see it soon in various colours. :) :)
Suggestion: i see in Diff mods icons (HR,SD,etc) it shows how many percentage increases the Score Multiplier. But only shows how much increases individually. It might look better if you do it like this for example: Hard Rock instead of show 1.06x show +0.06x or Double Time instead of show 1.12x shows +0.12x
did you understand what i mean?

Yes, cool idea, but does it match the multiplier logic? e.g. HD, HR, FL, DT = 1.41, but if it's additive then it should equal 1.36

and also it might be confusing to others?? idk...

I fully accept the idea, but how will everyone else accept it? This is why I'm reluctant to add. Maybe i'll add in prefs, labeled 'additive display' or something

ScubDomino

ScubDomino wrote:

Very clean gameplay design! Even though I feel like the spacing in ranking letters seem quite off, that's just a minor problem.

Oh, whats wrong?

I would like to fix it! please tell!

Incomp

Incomp wrote:

This skin looks great so far. There are a few things that should get some love, but I can't be bothered to elaborate on them now (on a bus to college). If I remember, I'll try to go into more depth after I'm home. My body is ready for the purple version.
I love how you constantly bring some new aspects into skinning, like the different back buttons or how you skinned the area above the search bar on the song selection screen. Keep it up. Maybe I'll get to review NIGHTGATE too.

Thanks!! Hope you didn't miss the stop!

My re-colouring methods seem all good to go, so after all this is done, it should be easy to change colour using automation. Looking forward to it!

looking forward to your suggestions!

(and your review :P)

edits don't save after you edit it..........ayer...........
and where are the centre, left, right buttons....sandkfjnbnnmv,mnC,MXZ,MXNZ
anyway heres wat happened before i tried editing the post and it disappeared:

Just found out that i can play online, yayayayayayay!

ANNOUNCEMENT 2!

I've decided to work on all modes. CATCH THE BEAT LOOKING GOOD!

h3oCharles
omg... I did the judgment line first on my personal skin! xDD

And here's my try on CTB lul... and drops are slider balls

ScubDomino... overlaping grades in ranking panel ain't going to look good IMO
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Lel, I CAN READ UR MIND -noh

Nice attempt!

oh, and overlapping grades???

YASSSSSS

Taiko is nearly done! no screenshot, cuz cant be bothered :p

lol I can actually play and read taiko now... first skin that I can actually play taiko with
h3oCharles
umm... 4:3 resolution?

EDIT1: Just noticed in setup, big mode icons in 16-9 and 16-10/21-9 are different... it's black and color instead of transparent and color
I think old mods should get some love too
Default acc... that play-unranked looks out of place IMO
Topic Starter
-yuo-
*whats 4:3?* jks, but i don't think this skin can support that cuz there are wideeee elements in it... e.g. lifebar

these don't matter, they still produce the same result as it is additive in osu.

old mods... hmm idk what to do about them...

which one? centred or not?

TAIKO DONE, MANIA IN PROGRESS
*sigh this will take a long time... mania skinning.... so much code....*
h3oCharles

-yuo- wrote:

*whats 4:3?* jks, but i don't think this skin can support that cuz there are wideeee elements in it... e.g. lifebar
just make it shorter? I am aware this may take lot of time for all elements btw

-yuo- wrote:

not centered
Topic Starter
-yuo-

h3oCharles wrote:

-yuo- wrote:

just make it shorter? I am aware this may take lot of time for all elements btw
uhmmmmmmm
cbs... probs colours first, but then i would continue to do another skin... no one uses 4:3 riiighttt??? *~*

-yuo- wrote:

not centered[/quote]
ok. will figure something out

MORE SCREENIES

*mania not fully done, as u can see, and i would like to make it more colourful but idk how

*awesome glows seen in catch and osustd have been taken off because they make taiko hard to read. This might be why it doesn't look so 'woah'...**pretty done this one...
h3oCharles
who uses 4:3... well... there might be some ppl out there... and also, ThePooN
dtnc21
Just wanna get this out there…

…I usually play with standard resolution.
Topic Starter
-yuo-

h3oCharles wrote:

who uses 4:3... well... there might be some ppl out there... and also, ThePooN
Ehheheheecbstbh

dtnc21 wrote:

what do you mean?
dtnc21

-yuo- wrote:

dtnc21 wrote:

what do you mean?
4:3 ratio. It's another name for it.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Sorry, new.ppy.sh was found and banned, I can't use osu on the web at home anymore

dtnc21 wrote:

4:3 ratio. It's another name for it.
Not nessesarily:
Ratio refers to the shape and proportions of the screen
Resolution refers to the amount of pixels in the screen...
These two are diffdrent

But sorry, I'm not planning on making a patch for 4:3 ratio as it is an old standard....
h3oCharles
Who the hell is blocking your access to these?! It's weird...
Topic Starter
-yuo-
quick update bump which is rushed

all modes, no sd, developer preview, some items not done, i Got to go cuz in a rush, read download link for better info
radda
I love this skin so god damn much <333
Pilot S10
Really digging this skin- especially the cursor, mod icons, key overlay, spinner, animations, drop shadows... basically everything.

To be nitpicky, I would suggest:
1. Fixing menu-button-background.png. There's a really tiny imperfection in the border (See images below)

2. Changing or shortening menuhit.mp3. It gets loud and repetitive when clicking through the menus, and overlaps with the music on maps where you press skip, while barely missing overlap on maps without skip buttons. It also sounds as if the same button is being clicked 2 or more times. Perhaps use menu-play-click.mp3 instead, which is quieter and less annoying.

Otherwise, the thought and detail put into this skin is incredible- it's as if I were playing a different game... I mean, I've never seen a skin with a setup dialog. :o
Topic Starter
-yuo-
HELLOOO AGAINNNNNNN

i have overcome the web bans! NYIHAHAHAHA (i hope this doesn't get found out... its like plan D already...)
seriously... SOME people can be so strict... *ahem*

so, at least i can reply now, but uploading stuff using this external server hosted in another continent is pretty hard. _ahem windows 8 too_
I think i can get free access every second saturday, but if things get out of hand i'll attempt to use this current connection method.

back to usual buisness... ish...

h3oCharles

h3oCharles wrote:

Who the hell is blocking your access to these?! It's weird...
it is, and its annoying. overly strict people from everywhere.

lxyn

lxyn wrote:

I love this skin so god damn much <333
<3 :D
thanks!

MissUnd3rstood

MissUnd3rstood wrote:

amazing stuff
thanks, glad you Und3rstood how much thought i put into this. its crazy. legit. so it nice having somone know how much stuff you put into stuff. (?)

i did consider your suggestions, They're actually already fixed. There's a small link under the main post under all the images which should download the latest version with all modes kinda done, heaps of fixes and tuning (like your suggestions) and improvements too.

sorry for the delays, life gets you eh?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
-------------------UPDATE b3-5!!! ALL MODES!-------------------

WHATS UP?
all modes. maybe more but i dont remember...
nat2011
how to setup this skin to work properly especially the screen ratio
Nightblade
Um how do I install it? it is telling me to move files or something, no idea what I am supposed to do. It told me to contact you.
Pilot S10

nat2011 wrote:

Nightblade wrote:

Um how do I install it? it is telling me to move files or something, no idea what I am supposed to do. It told me to contact you.
1. Get to the setup folder in the skin folder. Open osu! folder > Skins >" +-NGHTGT GRN[b3-5]+" > "1- Setup"
2. Determine your aspect ratio. For example, if your screen resolution is 1920x1080, then your aspect ratio is 16:9. Otherwise if you don't know, use the guides in the folder "IDontKnowMyScreenRatio" to find out.
3. Copy the skin elements for your screen ratio. Back in the Setup folder, open the folder pertaining to your aspect ratio found in step 2. So if your aspect ratio was 16:9, copy the images to the folder "for 16-9 screens" to "+-NGHTGT GRN[b3-5]+". If you're doing this correctly, you should get a dialog asking you to replace files.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Thanks for that MissUnd3rstood,

an image tutorial will be available soon
nat2011
i did it like u told me but it still shows a message this skin has not been set up
Topic Starter
-yuo-
AAH! ITS A BUG!

Oh dear, just checked and i forgot to convert the folders to Standard Defenition.

Are you using standard defenition or high defenition?

because standard defenition probably won't setup properly with this bug.

I will work on squishing this bug, and i'm running out of time too...
hopefully tomorrow there will be a fix. =>
h3oCharles

MissUnd3rstood wrote:

nat2011 wrote:

Nightblade wrote:

1. Get to the setup folder in the skin folder. Open osu! folder > Skins >" +-NGHTGT GRN[b3-5]+" > "1- Setup"
2. Determine your aspect ratio. For example, if your screen resolution is 1920x1080, then your aspect ratio is 16:9. Otherwise if you don't know, use the guides in the folder "IDontKnowMyScreenRatio" to find out.
3. Copy the skin elements for your screen ratio. Back in the Setup folder, open the folder pertaining to your aspect ratio found in step 2. So if your aspect ratio was 16:9, copy the images to the folder "for 16-9 screens" to "+-NGHTGT GRN[b3-5]+". If you're doing this correctly, you should get a dialog asking you to replace files.
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S <-- make sure to reload the skin as well

EDIT1: Ummm... go look at 1st post on Compatability... that's an error

oh, and scorebar-bg ain't SD
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Do note that there is now a tutorial that goes through how to set it up on the 1st post now. Under the downloads inside a spoilerbox.

but still, it's broken for SD. Fixing soon.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
-------------------UPDATE b5-5, bugfix-------------------

WHATS UP?
**SIGHHH**
that big bug in the setup folder rendering the whole skin unusable for standard defenition has been removed.
also fixed up the lifebar background for SD users while i was at it.

The prefs folder isnt converted to SD yet though, will do once new elements come into there.

also,

Looking for suggestions on what to do for:
- mania hitbursts, because the one being used right now is very good with readability but its not original cuz its from VOEZ skin.
- Any more prefs ideas?

to do prefs:
mania judgement laser off
catch judgement laser off
'pattern' hitcircle colour
choice of reverse arrows
edit 'unranked' sprite when displayed on the side of the screen
anymore i missed?
h3oCharles
Big Numbers, please >_<
Alysia_old_1
Beautiful! I can't wait for lilac/pink/purple
Alysia_old_1
Also if you could add support for other screen sized (mine has the height of 16:10 and width of 21:9
show more