forum

dont view

posted
Total Posts
show more
7ambda
Your ranting here is 75% as annoying as those fanboys.
Topic Starter
athyriel

F1r3tar wrote:

Your ranting here is 75% as annoying as those fanboys.
Fair enough.

winber1 wrote:

its' funny because he thinks he's relevant
Wait, me or Cookie?
uzzi
don't mind me, just tryna get postcount!
B1rd
Cookiezi was a legend before you were even born, kid. Go take your 6 digit opinion to where someone cares, in other words, go mute yourself.
Novalogic
It's funny how i can tell how miserable person the author of this topic is without even reading the first post ^^
Topic Starter
athyriel

B1rd wrote:

Cookiezi was a legend before you were even born, kid. Go take your 6 digit opinion to where someone cares, in other words, go mute yourself.
If you were to be to the standards you believe you are, you'd know that I was directing this to his fanbase, not himself.
Topic Starter
athyriel

Novalogic wrote:

It's funny how i can tell how miserable person the author of this topic is without even reading the first post ^^
Oh yeah, the idea of depression is quite a captivating source of entertainment.

no, I ain't miserable at all lmao.
chainpullz
Just saying you literally linked pictures to a map that he had a 1x 100 play on like 4 years ago nearly when no one else was even capable of coming close to fc'ing the map. So yeah, I wonder why 99% of the comments on that map are referencing him. He's only set 3 different scores on the map that have all been ahead of their time. It's not just a single score and it's not from just recently.
NixXSkate
Cookiezi has been a huge influence and inspiration to many players since 2010, being years ahead of all competition for most of the time. Of course people that are passionate about this game and it's players are going to idolize him, especially if they joined from 2010-2013. I bet Cookiezi intrigued many players that joined osu! after his ban, too since they never got to witness such a big part of osu! history until around a year ago. I think Cookiezi is a bigger part of osu! than you realize, he's more than someone that claimed the #1 spot today, so I suggest you get used to people being passionate about him and his plays.
Topic Starter
athyriel

chainpullz wrote:

Just saying you literally linked pictures to a map that he had a 1x 100 play on like 4 years ago nearly when no one else was even capable of coming close to fc'ing the map. So yeah, I wonder why 99% of the comments on that map are referencing him. He's only set 3 different scores on the map that have all been ahead of their time. It's not just a single score and it's not from just recently.
I chose Freedom Dive because I was looking for a map loaded with Cookiezi comments and that map came to head.
Topic Starter
athyriel

NixXSkate wrote:

Cookiezi has been a huge influence and inspiration to many players since 2010, being years ahead of all competition for most of the time. Of course people that are passionate about this game and it's players are going to idolize him, especially if they joined from 2010-2013. I bet Cookiezi intrigued many players that joined osu! after his ban, too since they never got to witness such a big part of osu! history until around a year ago. I think Cookiezi is a bigger part of osu! than you realize, he's more than someone that claimed the #1 spot today, so I suggest you get used to people being passionate about him and his plays.
It's something that I naturally get annoyed with. He is one of the best, but people rate him higher than what he is. I can't help being annoyed with it, as I said, it's something I'd naturally be annoyed with.
Caput Mortuum
idk i don't really mind them
B1rd
Well what do you expect, Cookiezi played the best play that's ever been played on Freedom Dive. People don't overrate Cookiezi, he's truly and osu! god above the level of every other player.
Floockde
While people here are making a fun of your 200k rank, I'm sorry that these people are like that. Just because you're a low rank player, people ignored you and think you're just a pleb who's just jealous of his skills. Don't worry. I won't criticize just because you have a low rank. Who know? You maybe able top 100 next year. :^)

Anyway, while I myself am a Cookiezi fan, I do agree that these people are exaggerating a bit. Cookiezi is no god. He's a human. He does get nervous and he does mistake like everyone do. Just because he does "godly" plays doesn't mean he should be treat like a one. If you did some research, Cookiezi himself doesn't even want to be treat like that. What we're doing here is just pushing our ideals onto him. And as long as he keeps exceeding our expectations, we will keep idolizing him because we're such a pleb ourselves.

Like I say, I am, myself a cookiezi fan, but I also doesn't like it when we talk crap about other people. That's just wrong. What about you? Can you even do half of what they can do? If you can't, then you have no right to speak bad about them. As long as you think that other players are just plebs, you'll never gain his attention (Kappa). Take Vaxei for example. Yes, he's 12 and he's in top 10. He's a kid who craps on all of us, and that's enough to make us think he's hacking, cheating just because he's 12! I mean, hell, this kid here gets more hate when he first became popular than when Trump kills media (Uh no).

The point is that, Cookiezi can do godly plays but he's not one. You shouldn't criticize others. Never! And please...... This is just a game. :D

PS: The people who makes posts like this are very brave even if they know or don't know how big the Cookiezi fan base is. It could lead to the person to quit this game just because they're such a butt. You are very brave to make a post about this. Even if maybe it was from anger. Anyway, have a good day/night ö/

"pls enjoy game" -rrtyui
N0thingSpecial
My shrine still have Doomsday's portrait on it

Doesn't really bother me
NixXSkate
Cookiezi raised the bar in osu! so high back in late 2012/early 2013 that by the time he came back, it still wasn't changed much. It seemed as if he was just constantly getting scores people didn't think were possible, and today is proof that he still is, too. Sure he isn't omnipotent in every category like before (although he's definitely the most rounded player in the top 5 for sure), but his track record shows he can pretty much master any weakness he puts his mind to.
Starrodkirby86
Well, at least it's all a rant. Venting is good.

I say that it's not very different from fans idolizing over their favorite sports athlete, though. eSports-wise, Smash fans like to put their top players on a pedastal, literally even having an era and term in Melee as "Gods". I find that love for Cookiezi not too different. :p

If there is something to mull about, it may be the toxicity. In the past, there's sometimes some negative remarks or reactions to other top players getting to #1, beating Cookiezi, or whatever. That's certainly not as savory.

But all this celebration and gushing is harmless fun, at least, so for now, it's all good times for momentous plays and sheer skill. :)
Topic Starter
athyriel
I believe that some of you are mistaking myself for having this rant towards Cookiezi. I am neither jealous or hateful of him by any means; I'm annoyed of the constant fanbase that overrates him towards god-tier. Sure, I may be 200k ranked, but do I care that you all are better? No. You should be grateful of where you are now of levels of skill. Put it this way, You have all climbed up a sheer cliff-drop that I am still trying to finish and you're all throwing rocks down at me. My rank doesn't matter, my opinion can't be changed.
KupcaH
Why do you even care? Play and enjoy game.
Topic Starter
athyriel

KupcaH wrote:

Why do you even care? Play and enjoy game.
Not that I care about it, but I am bothered about it.
Sayorie
In conclusion, we get it, you're a fan of Cookiezi, but please, do me and those who agree with me a favour and shut that blabbering mouth of yours and keep your affection of Cookiezi to yourself.
You know, you can easily ignore those crap if you don't like it, right? This is the internet. You should already be accustomed to all this cancer, unless you just found out about the internet last year.

If you easily get bothered by stupid crap in the internet, then this is not the place for you. I'm redpilled, folks.
Histoire

Athyriel wrote:

I believe that some of you are mistaking myself for having this rant towards Cookiezi. I am neither jealous or hateful of him by any means; I'm annoyed of the constant fanbase that overrates him towards god-tier. Sure, I may be 200k ranked, but do I care that you all are better? No. You should be grateful of where you are now of levels of skill. Put it this way, You have all climbed up a sheer cliff-drop that I am still trying to finish and you're all throwing rocks down at me. My rank doesn't matter, my opinion can't be changed.
why do people like you exist
this is why we cant have nice things
Topic Starter
athyriel

Histoire wrote:

Athyriel wrote:

why do people like you exist
this is why we cant have nice things
Well then, I apologize that this isn't appropriate for this community, mind if I may delete this?
Caput Mortuum
ayy
Topic Starter
athyriel

Mein Gauche wrote:

ayy
hey-o
Runiel
This thread is post count farm
Topic Starter
athyriel

RunielVermell wrote:

This thread is post count farm
Not at all, I recently deleted the post. Speaking of post count, there are alot of people on here that have said they posted just for post count lol
winber1

Athyriel wrote:

Not at all, I recently deleted the post. Speaking of post count, there are alot of people on here that have said they posted just for post count lol
ok