forum

Poll 10: Do you delete map elements?

posted
Total Posts

Do you delete map elements?

I delete everything on _every_ map (SB/Background/Skin).
11.44%
I delete elements on a regular basis.
10.70%
I delete elements only when they severely interfere with playing.
47.97%
I play the maps as they were made.
29.89%
Total votes: 271
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
Deleting storybaords, backgrounds and skins is possible due to the currently open nature of beatmaps. Without getting into a debate over what is right or wrong, I would like to know the general ratio of people who do this -- mainly to reinforce my beliefs that the number isn't as high as some people think.

If you make a post starting any kind of debate it will be removed.

If you choose the last option, providing examples of maps is highly encouraged!
mm201
I've removed nearly-invisible objects and wrongly-coloured hitbursts because these interfere with my playing.
yeahyeahyeahhh
I delete everything on every map (SB/Background/Skin).

I only like to play with my skin. Rarely any other, unless they're bland and solid like a few maps out there. THough I didn't notice the BG, I only delete this when its a bad BG and blends with stuff.
Garven
Only when it interferes with gameplay - usually spinner/cursor combos that just go practically invisible during spinning and sometimes hitbursts, but that's pretty rare when the combination of mapping style (lots of overlapping) and hitbursts covering too much becomes a gameplay issue. In general, this has only happened with very old maps for me.
Firo Prochainezo
I hardly never delete elements, but if they are distracting I remove them or just play another map.
Decay
Only when it interferes with playing, namely colors that don't distinguish visibly between 300's and 100's, and BG's that make the circles hard to see.
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
When causes me lag or they severely interfere with playing.
Alace
My eyes are really bad,so i delete most of stuffs in mapsets
it`s just me, most people will vote 3 or 4 i guess
KanbeKotori
Not delete, just moves them into a new folder. If the SB is very nice, I will move it back.

Yeah almost in everymap.Includes SB,SKIN and BG.
Lybydose
I always delete the following:

hitcircleoverlay.png
approachcircle.png

I usually delete the following:

hit 300, 100, 50 (if it's difficult to tell the difference between 300 and 100 while playing; this is usually the case in map specific skins)

I rarely delete spinners. If I'm deleting spinners, it's because they blend in way too well with the hit-circle overlays and approach circles.

I sometimes delete SB flashes if they are incredibly flashy, like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14243 and http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11788

Side note: Due to the nature of Hard Rock and Flashlight (and probably Doubletime), these mods are quite a bit easier without a background due to the higher contrast between the (lack of) background and the followpoints and/or hitcircles.
Sallad4ever
I play the map as they were made

But that probably because I play to enjoy everything on the map even if it interfering with playing
Sure
And I restore them after playing.
Jarby
Apparently I'm really tolerant with map elements because I don't remember a case where I have deleted any. Anything that I think would interfere with me playing to the point of me having to delete the elements would probably never be ranked in the first place or be an intentional novelty that I wouldn't remove.
Ibuki Suika
I delete elements only when they severely interfere with playing~
statementreply
  1. sb that causes lag
  2. sb that makes me feel sick (eg. with the whole image flashing/rotating/moving)
  3. hit 300 100 50 if the colors look alike
  4. spinner without center
  5. approachcircle and hitcircleoverlay sometimes
  6. ...
Shockwave
After playing, I restore them.
XPJ38
I delete almost every skin, as I can only play with my skin (the default one without 300). But I keep the storyboards, especially if they are well-made.
Sushi
I rarely delete things (ok I'm rarely playing), but generally, I delete skins that are kinda "lol" and completely different from mine.

I generally leave the SBs unless it is REALLY, but REALLY problematic.

Some maps where the SB makes the map live won't be deleted (like StrangeProgram for example :p )
Rukario
I only take stuff out of the song folder when I am playing in a tournament. And even then I am moving everything back aftersaid tournament.
So yeah never removing anything.
mekadon_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I hardly never delete elements, but if they are distracting I remove them or just play another map.
^
show more