13.33%
Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
Bass
I sold my MK7 for 19$~ . Don't worry gonna get new as soon I'm done trolling MM.
NaomiMinette

Bass wrote:

I sold my MK7 for 19$~ . Don't worry gonna get new as soon I'm done trolling MM.
Soooooooo... Does that mean you'll race with us again?
Bass
I will, some dude asked me if I still has 3DS to sell. Apparently he is game developer so I guess no matter that my console is American, just waiting for reply.

E: Greg stop editing my posts :(
Ekaru
Greg is in the right here. It's not a PAL 3DS, it's a European region-locked 3DS. PAL/NSTC is referring to some technical standard related to televisions.
bomber34

Ekaru wrote:

Greg is in the right here. It's not a PAL 3DS, it's a European region-locked 3DS. PAL/NSTC is referring to some technical standard related to televisions.
but saying PAL and NTSC is much more fun
Azure_Kite
But you can't develop using consumer 3DS'. From what I've heard, developers are given select versions with lovely development tools pre-installed.
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

But you can't develop using consumer 3DS'. From what I've heard, developers are given select versions with lovely development tools pre-installed.
I'd imagine it would be to test out games that have been released in America but not Europe.
Bass
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney will be released at 29th November in Japan. And wikipedia's N3DS game list says "TBA" on EU/NA versions... Let's hope it will happen. Gonna save my money for it.
NaomiMinette
So Paper Mario: Sticker Star is coming out next week (at least for us). Is anyone else getting it? If you are, what's your opinion on them taking out experience/levels?

Yeah, sure, now you won't have to worry about grinding out levels, but I wonder how that'll balance out... At any rate, I hope it doesn't become a flop like Super Paper Mario.
___

Holy crap. I just realized if you play Pokémon Dream Radar with any of the 4th gen games in your 3DS, you can catch the Legendaries from those games. More specifically:

Game in 3DS -> Pokémon you can find:

Diamond -> Dialga
Pearl -> Palkia
Platinum -> Giratina
HeartGold -> Ho-oh
SoulSilver -> Lugia

Mind = blown. Now I regret trading in my Diamond and Platinum ._.
bomber34
I am not sure
Paper mario
or
kingdom hearts >.<
rust45
I've had Sticker Star pre-ordered off of newegg (ten bucks off) for a while. I'm hoping it will be pretty good. Either way, I don't think it will hold a candle to the first two, but I think it will be worth it.
Azure_Kite
My 3DS is back! Oh, how I missed you.
deadbeat

Azure_Kite wrote:

My 3DS is back! Oh, how I missed you.
best thing i've heard all day /o/
Azure_Kite
Can't do much at the moment though. Programming with Data structures Exam tomorrow :<
NaomiMinette
So... I gave in... I bought Pokédex 3D Pro (for the record, I probably would've eventually bought it anyway):

(+) All Pokémon from Gen I to Gen V are on here; no StreetPass/SpotPass needed.
(+) Now I don't have to rely on a website for certain things, particularly moves, especially if I have no net access.
(+) The names are pronounced, which definitely helps since I've been pronouncing so many names wrong or are unsure how some names are pronounced anyway.
(+) There's challenges/quizzes you can take.
(-) It's basically like the non-Pro version.

Oh well. At least Paper Mario: Sticker Star is coming out really soon.
Azure_Kite
I got Prof. Layton and the Miracle Mask.

So far It's fun, but "OH GOD, LAYTON! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU POINTINGG THAT DISLOCATED FINGER AT ME FOR!"
it looks quite painful.
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

So... I gave in... I bought Pokédex 3D Pro (for the record, I probably would've eventually bought it anyway):

(+) All Pokémon from Gen I to Gen V are on here; no StreetPass/SpotPass needed.
(+) Now I don't have to rely on a website for certain things, particularly moves, especially if I have no net access.
(+) The names are pronounced, which definitely helps since I've been pronouncing so many names wrong or are unsure how some names are pronounced anyway.
(+) There's challenges/quizzes you can take.
(-) It's basically like the non-Pro version.
Oh, goodie! ~

If I eventually get it it'll be for when I'm on the bus or at school or in the car and jazz and want to look things up.
NaomiMinette
The app is $15 before tax, btw.
___

So I just started Paper Mario: Sticker Star. The game definitely takes the paper comedy to an all-new high compared to the past games. The battle system, aside from picking stickers to attack, still feels the same as it did in the first two Paper Mario games. The game is a full singleplayer campaign, so I'm expecting this game to last a looooooooooooooooooooong while.

Something that definitely surprised me: there's an overworld similar to SMB3/SMW/SMG2 (Galaxy 2). I haven't gotten into this, but I'm guessing it's following the split-up segments like Super Paper Mario did.

/first impression summary

UPDATE: Yeah, the segments are split, smaller than Super Paper Mario's, but still lengthy. Also (and I canNOT stress this enough): DON'T, WASTE, STICKERS!!! Unless you're planning on avoiding all of the optional battles, you might end up in a bind if you're not careful!

(Such a jazzy OST...)
rust45
Ugh, I tried to read all of that but I saw some of it, I want to try to go into Sticker Star as blind as possible excluding trailers, and I'm not getting it till like the end of the week cause I ordered it off of newegg and they won't start shipping it until Tuesday because of veteran's day.
NaomiMinette
The trailers showed the battling system already as well as some paper comedy scenes which I was referring to. And it doesn't take that long to reach the overworld anyway. They even mentioned the importance of stickers during E3, so I'm not spoiling anything other than the OST.
___

Interesting... I made music overlap in one of the worlds...
DerekMcD
Wii U came out today!
Ekaru

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Wii U came out today!
Someone will need to make that thread eventually.

Probably when people here actually start getting their own Wii U consoles. >_>
H_Hitachiin
Probaly no unless I get Touhou on it. :?
NaomiMinette
Touhou's never getting on the Wii U unless it gets a Homebrew channel/app/whatever Wii U uses.
Azure_Kite
People say the darndest things.

Why would touhou, A PC game written in C#, go onto a Nintendo console?
NaomiMinette
Wii U thread this way, btw.
deadbeat
sweet. so i finally got round to buying the new professor layton game. haven't played any from the series so really looking to trying it since people seem to like it :)

also pre ordered the new fire emblem game /o/
Dieathan
NaomiMinette
Pretty sure you all got it already, but for those with New Super Mario Bros. 2, we can download a free Coin Rush pack for a limited time.
Ekaru
*sigh* It seems like I'll have to send in my 3DS so Nintendo can give the R and L buttons some TLC. I'm kinda tempted to order a triwing screwdriver first, though, and see what I can do 'cuz repair is expensive...
mm201

Ekaru wrote:

*sigh* It seems like I'll have to send in my 3DS so Nintendo can give the R and L buttons some TLC. I'm kinda tempted to order a triwing screwdriver first, though, and see what I can do 'cuz repair is expensive...
There are no tri-wing screws in a 3DS. They are JIS heads. They look EXACTLY the same as Phillips heads but a Phillips driver will strip them. ifixit sells JIS screwdrivers if you want to go that route.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, the screws on the 3DS are very...... Well, if you aren't careful, it'll be hard to get them back in, to say the least.
Faust
Finished FF: The 4 Heroes of Light a few days back.

Looking to buy Resident Evil: Revelations. Recommendations are welcome.
NaomiMinette
Funny you should mention The 4 Heroes of Light. I was watching some videos on its "sequel" for the 3DS yesterday--Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. I didn't really get to see much, but apparently it has a lot of voice acting in it.
Faust
Yeah, hoping for an English release of that game. Looks so gorgeous.
Azure_Kite
Revelations is an awesome game, no doubt about it. The multiplayer is similar to say, the Mercenaries minigame (Or 3DS Version) with the difference of being mission based. It's a good return of the original games' gameplay, more focused on survival exploration than flat out action. Which isn't to say there's no action. It just uses it differently. There's an in-game achievement system, and Multiplayer has it's own RPGesque weapon discovery system.

But yeah. For me, it's a must-have 3DS title.

Deadbeat and I finished Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask today. It's also a really good return to the series, and the Post-Credits movie is all sorts of "Oh fuck, shit is getting real."
NaomiMinette

Faust wrote:

Yeah, hoping for an English release of that game. Looks so gorgeous.
There most likely will be, though we probably won't be seeing it till late 2013.
bomber34
Revelations is great :D It is around of my top games this year
It is a nice mix between action and horror ^^ I got scared a few times :3
Only thing that annoys me are these touchscreen things/ "minigames" you have to do. They feel absolute pointless in many situations. I can only remember one where it was good placed ._.

I was about buying KH 3D but i read alot that for people who never played KH before it is way to confusing and weird and not bad but not great either
so I guess I just buy Theatrerythm and NSMB2 soon
Dieathan
Alright, I finally got a million coins in NSMB2. That Gold Challange Pack really maximises the number of coins you can get yourself in Coin Rush.

Also, only one week til Sticker Star is released here.
NaomiMinette
So apparently GAME FREAK (the creators of the Pokémon games, among others) is working on a music/rhythm game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Hunter:_HarmoKnight

Totally getting this :)
show more