1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. Mapping Techniques

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love Them!
56.60% 180
4 -
26.10% 83
3 -
7.55% 24
2 -
4.72% 15
1 - Hate Them!
5.03% 16
Total votes: 318
Please sign in to vote.
posted
Round 45 : Star Formations

Nominated by Xgor. Basically, a pattern of hitcircles (the last one can be a slider) placed in a way such that the the followpoints formed by them form a star. It is not limited to 5/6 pointed stars.

Map(s) that use this technique
DJ Mars - Lemon Tree mapped by MetalMario201
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter mapped by Echo
IOSYS - Poinsettia mapped by Aakiha

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
posted
I like this pattern. It's just great when it's not randomly placed.
posted
Both of those examples are 1 worthy due to their horrible innacuracy, but these are, when perfect, incredibly sexy
posted

RandomJibberish wrote:

Both of those examples are 1 worthy due to their horrible innacuracy, but these are, when perfect, incredibly sexy
An example of which is?
posted
Ellie Goulding - Every Time you Go

I couldn't find any ranked examples that aren't mine - I guess I'm just mega nazi. They are easier to make now we have scale by though, so I expect more to come
posted

RandomJibberish wrote:

Yeah, 5 sides of star formation should be equal in length.
Anyway I like it.
posted
I like them a lot, I've used them on many maps.

5/5
posted
Sure, why not?

posted
i love these. i think shinxyn uses jumps similar to this but im not sure if that constitutes a star pattern. in any case, i love these patterns, insta-5
posted
a pain to click when they are placed like a circle, in other cases they are mostly fine
posted
Same. I prefer them when the followpoints themselves form a star
posted
And that's what this technique is? If it just goes round in a circle it's a flower combo
posted
Not obvious enough names I guess.
posted
Lovin' it and using it a lot. Also best map with this pattern: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14540 Alazy diff
posted
Fucking Poinsettia, hate them when they are awfully used but otherwise they're awesome.
posted
5. really nice patterns and most time people won't overuse it.
posted
I love these so much!!!! <3
posted
I prefer heptagons
posted

NoHItter wrote:

RandomJibberish wrote:

:(

Also

I have countless unranked examples.
posted

MetalMario201 wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

RandomJibberish wrote:

:(
You're lucky the AR was too high for me to notice before!
show more