Shiguma

appleeaterx wrote:

appleeaterx again????
pls qualify
Spork Lover

Shiguma wrote:

pls qualify
Winnie
Magical Star is still one of the more memorable openings though.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
1. Can Do
2. The other self
3. Magical Star

In order of memorable-ness, imo xD. They played Can Do during the final seconds of Seirin vs Rakuzan so there's that xD.
A r M i N
first i was like... hmmm ive never heared of those mappers before.
Then I clicked on the name...

I got pranked
DeletedUser_6709840

A r M i N wrote:

first i was like... hmmm ive never heared of those mappers before.
Then I clicked on the name...

I got pranked
Its a good prank, even I was dumb enough to fall for it
laura-
that's a very good map imo
good luck on ranking this
btw it would be cool if somewhere would be written what style the maps are, it's kinda obvious but i think it would be cool
Topic Starter
Monstrata

-Tatsuo wrote:

that's a very good map imo
good luck on ranking this
btw it would be cool if somewhere would be written what style the maps are, it's kinda obvious but i think it would be cool
Good idea. I'll include them in map description!
GRR SNARL GROWL

Spork Lover wrote:

Shiguma wrote:

pls qualify
Agatsu
can do it
Kibbleru
irc modded, but monstrata has logs due to an.. unfortunate accident that happened on my end
Topic Starter
Monstrata
~
[lucky:1337]http://puu.sh/rlEWk.txt[/lucky:1337]
Kibbleru
will edit to be qualifying tmrw cuz he asks me so

edit:
Topic Starter
Monstrata
happy birthday kibbleru! (obligatory kibbleru hl)
_DT3
Damn, gratz!

Monstrata wrote:

happy birthday kibbleru! (obligatory kibbleru hl)
Shunao
Gratz! 3 maps!
Haruto
oh snap 2 of my GDs have been qualified too xD
Congratulations m8 for this map and Naruto's OP map! Recongrats for Quaver too~
7ambda
This is one of the few tv-size anime maps I actually like.
Cellina
I thought single person can only qualify one map per day
Akiyama Mizuki
single bn can qualify one map a day sure
Pata-Mon
great mapset
Nostalgic
Hello Monstrata! I have a few questions about the map. Hope you don't mind.

[Akashi's Extra]
hp 10 is really deadly, even if it's specially.. i'd recommend to use hp 8 or 8.5 at least thou. Well, the idea is that the map should be as unforgiving as possible since Akashi is kind of this "perfect" guy who has to win and be the best at everything so losing is not an option. Basically I'm forcing players to keep their combo and not to break if they want to pass.
Lastly, Akashi is a perfectionist, so HP 10 is selected to force the player to make as few mistakes as possible if they wish to even pass the map.
  • I'm still not a fan of hp 10.
  1. IMHO, hp should be reflective of or at least with respect to the difficulty of a map. The fact that I, as a mediocre player, lowered down the hp to 8 and I can pass it with my first try indicates the exaggeration of hp, which leads to my 2nd point.
  2. Isn't there a correspondence somewhat between the song/rhythm itself (not the anime) and difficulty setup? I totally don't mind playing some extreme cs/ar maps since they change the overall style of a map. That being said, I couldn’t agree adjusting hp as a direct tool to interfere in players' gaming experience or even manipulate the scoreboard by making it 10. It sounds kinda stupid and sketchy tbh to force players to keep their combo merely to show how perfectionist the character of the anime is.
  3. True, one subjective way to express Akashi's search of perfection/unforgiving is to deny players making mistakes. But what if people are confused about the hp setting because they have never watched this anime before. Your difficulty guide imo is not enough to justify the insanely high hp. If I mapper myself am a perfectionist is it justifiable to put hp 10 to all of my maps just for my own sake?
[Kuroko’s Extra]
  1. 00:01:537 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I don’t quite get the arrangement of these sliders. 1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3 should best suit the music in terms of the direction of sliders positioned. Again, if those sliders are placed in this way for the sake of Kuroko’s ‘misdirection’ and confusing players you are simply ignoring the music.
Don’t get me wrong I find this mapset really cool and innovative. That being said, I’d like to hear your feedback on what I think. :)
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Nostalgic wrote:

Hello Monstrata! I have a few questions about the map. Hope you don't mind.

[Akashi's Extra]
hp 10 is really deadly, even if it's specially.. i'd recommend to use hp 8 or 8.5 at least thou. Well, the idea is that the map should be as unforgiving as possible since Akashi is kind of this "perfect" guy who has to win and be the best at everything so losing is not an option. Basically I'm forcing players to keep their combo and not to break if they want to pass.
Lastly, Akashi is a perfectionist, so HP 10 is selected to force the player to make as few mistakes as possible if they wish to even pass the map.
  • I'm still not a fan of hp 10.
  1. IMHO, hp should be reflective of or at least with respect to the difficulty of a map. The fact that I, as a mediocre player, lowered down the hp to 8 and I can pass it with my first try indicates the exaggeration of hp, which leads to my 2nd point.
  2. Isn't there a correspondence somewhat between the song/rhythm itself (not the anime) and difficulty setup? I totally don't mind playing some extreme cs/ar maps since they change the overall style of a map. That being said, I couldn’t agree adjusting hp as a direct tool to interfere in players' gaming experience or even manipulate the scoreboard by making it 10. It sounds kinda stupid and sketchy tbh to force players to keep their combo merely to show how perfectionist the character of the anime is.
  3. True, one subjective way to express Akashi's search of perfection/unforgiving is to deny players making mistakes. But what if people are confused about the hp setting because they have never watched this anime before. Your difficulty guide imo is not enough to justify the insanely high hp. If I mapper myself am a perfectionist is it justifiable to put hp 10 to all of my maps just for my own sake?
It seems you just dont like HP 10. You said that on HP 8, even you as a mediocre player could pass it on your first try. That alone should be enough to say that HP 10 is necessary to get the draining effect across. You might think it sounds kinda stupid, but I really like it, and I think it captures the essence of Akashi's character, and both how and why he became what he was in the anime. You don't have to watch the anime to understand that HP 10 is prompting you to be a perfectionist.

[Kuroko’s Extra]
  1. 00:01:537 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I don’t quite get the arrangement of these sliders. 1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3 should best suit the music in terms of the direction of sliders positioned. Again, if those sliders are placed in this way for the sake of Kuroko’s ‘misdirection’ and confusing players you are simply ignoring the music.
They're arranged to go with the pitch of the music. Pitch is going up = upward movement sliders. Pitch is going down = downward movement sliders. The tricky part is that I use the peaks and troughs of the melody as the final note in the set, rather than the initial note in the set, which adds a bit of misdirection to it, but I'm confident once you figure out how to play it, it's really straightforward.

Don’t get me wrong I find this mapset really cool and innovative. That being said, I’d like to hear your feedback on what I think. :)
-Yuni
this map is masterpiece wow you got my respect with this one, love the song as well.
pw384
Excellent! Where did you get the inspiration from lol
smau5
i never had so much fun playing a map! really cool, i hope it gets ranked.
Flask
nic mm kibblru
Kingkevin30

smau5 wrote:

i never had so much fun playing a map! really cool, i hope it gets ranked.
I don't hope for that.
Lami
kagami is best mapper
Brodogs
Just wanted to say this map is awesome.
Loctav
Could you please not name the difficulties in a way that they make people assume that they are mapped by other users, while they aren't? This is false attribution (I don't care why you did it, because I know why you did it)

If you want to have every difficulty to have a custom name, then you have a problem, because only one map might have a custom name. For all others, you have to probably figure out how to name stuff properly to reflect the hierarchy of the difficulties.

You shouldn't false-label things for the sake of circumventing a ruleset you disagree with. This is not how it works.

(also the AR8 difficulty is pretty aids, but I leave that to others to decide)

EDIT: I also consider the usage of a different BG on every difficulty as unnecessary.
Okoratu
My 2c along with a question:
what exactly makes the akashi's Extra diff require AR10?
I kinda disagree that centereing a diff around mouse drift is a good idea, it maks the entire diff kinda boring and along with that a pain to play for me
that Aomine diff abuses that the rc guideline only specifies that sliderheads and circles must be snapping to beats, it's like you're asking for us to include sliderends in the rewording. I'd personally classify this thing as overdone for the sake of having a lot of sliders
Along with that the general clutter in Kuroko diff doesnt compliment AR8 very well, it seems like you used AR8 solely for the sake of making the map more confusing than it alreasy would be without the lowered AR. I like lower AR Extras but I can't bring myself to agree with that diff because it pretty much is for the sake of being confusing, like that seems to be its main intention
Hpocks

Loctav wrote:

Could you please not name the difficulties in a way that they make people assume that they are mapped by other users, while they aren't? This is false attribution (I don't care why you did it, because I know why you did it
So none of those diffs were done by other people besides Monstrata? That is the first im hearing of this. It is pretty stupid for Monstrata to do this, honestly. Im ok with having like 7 unique extras as long as they have a spread of sorts (good luck ever naming THem, lol), going about it like this is misleading af.
Pata-Mon
I love this set
ganbare mons
mits
rip farm

EDIT: I also consider the usage of a different BG on every difficulty as unnecessary.
Why so? I personally found it pretty cool to see the change of background.
Frim4503
well, we talk about monstrata here. he always come up with something unique and his maps always get DQ at least once xD.
i think i kinda agree for ar in akashi diff.
idk about diff name, it's hard to do it without custom diffname.
and seem too plain if you only refer the bg.

hope we can figure how to fix this map and no drama pls
Arphimigon
The AR8 making that difficulty more confusing was actually the point though. Either way, how confusing you find it can vary wildly from person to person, and is only confusing if you aren't used to high density AR8 and are just that used to AR9+ with large spacing (like most maps).
Personally speaking, I find the difficulty very fun and not confusing at all, but that's because I spent the effort in training the ability to play those maps well.
Having maps which require different skillsets from the norm should be allowed or even encouraged, not discouraged simply because the majority can't do them, since that is the point, it's learning to do something which you couldn't previously do (and feeling epic once you get it).
Good luck with the mapset now!
(idk about the diffnames to be honest since I don't really care too much about the naming as long as the contents of the difficulty are nice so I won't talk about that, good luck again)

Edit: Unnecessary can still be a nice thing @loctav, the different BGs may not be needed, but at least it makes the mapset make more sense because it correlates each difficulty to a character, how about keeping the BGs but removing the names to show that? Or having "Extra (Kukuro)" or "Extra (Aomine)" be the diffnames instead of Aomine's Extra? Just a point to discuss is all
xChorse
Honestly these difficulties could just be renamed to classify the gimmicks of the maps (like you did with Stonebank - All Night's Hi-Speed Extra and some others) as that wasn't a problem in the mentioned mapset.

On that note, difficulty naming is pretty stupid in it's own, there's no reason to limit custom difficutly names to one per set. I can understand using the names of characters might mislead people thinking it's actually their difficulty. But an easy map can have a difficulty name like this

Different BG usage on every diff is unnecessary? Might as well call out all 1000 other maps that do this.
show more