forum

[Archived] An Editor Bug that isn't supposed to happen :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Synergyze
(Note I am using a Mac for this, that may be the reason, but either way...)

So I'm Currently done with a map I was working on (Tatsh - Floating Darkness) and when I was going to submit the map, the alert saying that the beatmap wasn't owned by me appeared, even though I made the map myself.

When I checked the map's information page, however, it linked to a DIFFERENT beatmap, one that WASN'T owned by me. (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/249488)
It even displays in the song select a different background, one that isn't in my map.
This is probably the reason why I'm unable to submit the map.

How do you fix this? I want to submit this map but I can't :(
Starrodkirby86
Hmm...

For starters, have you checked out this topic here and followed all the steps?

Doing so should at least fix your different linked beatmap problem. This often happens when you have a number prefixed on the folder or mp3 name. osu! reads those numbers and looks up the corresponding beatmap in the database, causing that mismatch. Do these contents happen to start with the numbers 88911, the map ID for the incorrect beatmap?

I also hope that some forum moderator finds this and moves this over to the Help Forum, because that's where this thread should probably belong. :P
Underforest
Next time post here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/5
Development isn't the correct forum
XPJ38
Moved.
Luvdic

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hmm...

Doing so should at least fix your different linked beatmap problem. This often happens when you have a number prefixed on the folder or mp3 name. osu! reads those numbers and looks up the corresponding beatmap in the database, causing that mismatch. Do these contents happen to start with the numbers 88911, the map ID for the incorrect beatmap?

I also hope that some forum moderator finds this and moves this over to the Help Forum, because that's where this thread should probably belong. :P
This bug has also happened to me once before and those steps didn't help me.

What did help me was to change the map's creator to something random, save, go to menu, open the map again, and change it back to your user and then I was able to upload normally.

Just putting this here in case his suggestion doesn't work either

(Also, youre still alive!)
Starrodkirby86

Xanandra wrote:

What did help me was to change the map's creator to something random, save, go to menu, open the map again, and change it back to your user and then I was able to upload normally.

It's a pretty fickle thing, for sure... Hopefully OP will get their map to work. :D

(And yes! Or well... I try. Good to see you still around too <3)
Bara-
I had it quite often, since the mp3 started with a number, removing the numbers from the folder name (and doing what is said in the thread linked above) helped me fix it every time
Topic Starter
Synergyze

Xanandra wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hmm...

Thanks, will take note :)
Topic Starter
Synergyze

Bara- wrote:

I had it quite often, since the mp3 started with a number, removing the numbers from the folder name (and doing what is said in the thread linked above) helped me fix it every time
Ah, Thank you very much :)