forum

Osu! MakeIt AR10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
Hi everyone !

I have just pushed on Github a little application that I have done.
If you aim to train and practice more than PP farm, it may be helpful for you !

Basically, you can edit the Beatmap difficulty settings (AR, CS, OD, HP) to make the map the way you want to play without using the editor.
It's easy and fast.

1. Load a beatmap
2. Change whatever you want to change
(let's say a HP Drain of 1 for The Big Black because ... you want to clear it without NF
or having an AR10 on the song that you love to play but it's too easy to train)
3. Save the new version of this beatmap ("Insane" will be copied to "Insane made AR10")
4. Enjoy your game !

Of course, you WILL NOT earn PP for a play on this version as it is not ranked !

The installation guide is for Developer only but is REALLY simple.
If some of you are interested, I will be able to upload a JAR (yes, it is in Java) for it, as it is only 8KB at the moment.

Hope that you guys will enjoy this and I'm opened to any feature requests or comments !
The Gambler
Beatmap editor breh....
mizuki-chan
well yes, i think its still simple enough to edit a map in the editor, because it just takes like lets say 30 seconds or even less....
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
Meh ! Okay :(
Jeremii
Sure it's simple enough, but if suddenly, when out of osu! : "What about Brain Power AR6 HP0 ?" so you boot this up, edit the map, boot up osu! and then play the newly made map, it's practical
october
i love how I could tell your rank by just looking at the title of the post
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
Hum Hum cool.

You should look at my Play History before trash talking. Didn't play since 1+ year so I don't really care about your comment silly little arrogant. : )
Was around #3000 world so whatever you think. I wanted to do something for the community I'm not part of anymore but, ok.

Love to you, my cute kid hater.

-----

Thank you Jeremiidesu, this is exactly the kind of usage I was thinking of.
Yuudachi-kun
Was around 3000

Top play only 165pp

Must have been a LOOOOONG time ago
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
yes... long time ago. but still.
NaTha

october wrote:

i love how I could tell your rank by just looking at the title of the post
this is like if you would say SiLViA was a bad player back in days XDD
Starrodkirby86
Gee, well, even if it's not being taken too well, at the least you're flexing your programming muscles and made a project for a game that you like.

I think what you could do for future versions would be to think about things that would make this far more useful than human action. It is very easy for someone to go to a specific map, right-click on the beatmap scroll wheel, then select Edit... and change the difficulty. But doing it in bulk becomes incredibly tedious, no? Perhaps that could be a direction you can go from this point.

I think the naming could be more concise. It's only an additional word, but I don't think the "made" part is necessary. Maybe you can have a setting to have your own custom string with templates that would compose your new difficulty's name. For instance, I can write "#TOKEN2# #TOKEN1#" and that would be "HP10AR10 Insane".

Good hustle!
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
Yeah I might be able to do bulk edition. And I planned on customising the extension name.

Thanks for your feedback.
AGRX
people cant read nothing else than ar10! i request application called Lets MakeIt AR7! :D
The Gambler
Mapset AR Changer would make better sense as a name...
Topic Starter
LeNiglo
You can make it the AR you want. The name is like this because I originally wanted to make AR10 beatmaps. Then I added the fact that I could change everything and not only the AR.
AGRX
still dont see a point of using 3rd party program to change as simple thing as approach rate... good luck with upcomming osz2 format