1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,203
show more
posted
I think this is a great point you bring up, I'll support your idea.
posted

Kitsunemimi wrote:

No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
posted

otoed1 wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
How can people in Taiko/Mania play it properly?
They aren't confused by it

Why aren't people disoriented by huge Sudden SV changes
I agree, this should only be changable in red timing point, and may not be overused
But there'll be new ranking criteria for it

I honestly can't see why people strongly disagree, bad usage will not be tolerated, and it works in otger modes, even excessively
posted

baraatje123 wrote:

I honestly can't see why people strongly disagree, bad usage will not be tolerated, and it works in otger modes, even excessively
This, but I'd also say that greenlines are fine. Some songs (most utaite songs/Kakushigoto for example) have a slow part in them in which that AR change might come in handy, yet not everyone has a halfbpm redline for these.
posted
This idea won't fucking die, I promise to you all :!:
posted
HOORAY!
I'll also do whatever it takes to keep this thread alive :3
posted

Baraatje123 wrote:

HOORAY!
I'll also do whatever it takes to keep this thread alive :3
Yeah I noticed that, you are doing a good thing, my friend! :)
posted
I;m not your friend (yet) :P
unless you wanna Mutual :3

Back to topic
I still can't see how people don't want this, it'll only be helpful to make it better readable (AR10 at slow parts just doesn't work), and potential abuse will be blocked by ranking criteria
posted
Please, developers.

Try play image material and you'll notice how akward is it to play AR 10 on calm piano part.
posted

Sirade wrote:

Try play image material and you'll notice how akward is it to play AR 10 on calm piano part.
Although Image Material was made before decimal song settings (i think)
Totally agreeing with this. Songs with massive slowdowns and extremely fast parts don't work well together on high AR (and you can't pick the lower for the whole map or the harder bit will be unreadable)
posted
Different AR in o!m is actually bullshit so no.
posted
Yet it does exist
Why not for standard then
posted
A little off-topic but I'd also like to see differing CS (not so much about OD/HP) as well as AR if this was implemented
posted

Baraatje123 wrote:

Yet it does exist
Why not for standard then
did you even play osu!mania
like ever
posted

CelegaS wrote:

Different AR in o!m is actually bullshit so no.
Your point is actually invalid here, because approach rate does not dictate the amount of time that you have to react before hitting a note in mania. VSRGs don't work that way. In effect, AR as a setting means absolutely nothing, because SV rates determine how the maps scroll against a player's speed settings.

As someone who has actually dabbled in mapping for osu!standard (certainly not my primary as a mania mapper/player), I've actually run into a situation where having a certain approach rate felt inappropriate for a piece of the song because things are quiet. Having the ability to deviate your approach rate adds a whole other level to mapping that hasn't been seen in osu! as a game, and I think that's something worth thinking about.

I've thought in my mind about using a +1 AR for a really intense section that merits a Kiai, but I obviously cannot do that since you can't change things at all, haha. As I've said before though, I'm not a standard mapper under any stretch, but I think that the game's best mappers that are already good at what they do could use another controllable element to add to their arsenal.
posted
As long as it's not abused, this could work amazingly, in my opinion (For ctb as well as standard hue)

Support <3
posted

Kitsunemimi wrote:

No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
1) Welcome to Taiko
2) You get used to it
3) It takes more skill to be able to. What better way to say "look at how pro I am. I can sight read something that changes between AR 4 and AR 10 in an instant"?
4) Actually would be very necessary for maps that go into half time during a middle section. If done correctly, it would be a very nice touch.
posted
Supporting.

It would be hella useful if used properly.

Yeah, I can already see this abused but I don't think we will be seeing any ranked mapsets abusing this as soon as it comes out.
I mean, what is the ranking process for after all?
posted
This would be the best thing ever, like literally. Playing slow songs with high ar is just wrong.

I totally support this idea!
posted
Bump
show more
Please sign in to reply.