forum

should I do 800,1300 or 1800 DPI

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HopeNya
I just switched from using 4800 DPI to 1800/1300. But I read everywhere most people use 400/800. Is that really the best DPI? I mean, 1300 DPI is already the slowest thing in the world for me. I can't imagine being able to play with 800 DPI.
Deva
Depends on what resolution you use .
Topic Starter
HopeNya

HK_ wrote:

Depends on what resolution you use .
1920x1080 monitor, ingame 1600x900
Deva
For 1920x1080 if I remember correctly 1400 is fine but just use what you feel comfortable with, there is no such thing as best dpi.
Endaris
Generally speaking, anything between 400 and 2000 dpi is viable, also depends on your grip though.
Xyrus_old_1
Whichever feels most comfortable.

CaptainPurrr wrote:

I mean, 1300 DPI is already the slowest thing in the world for me. I can't imagine being able to play with 800 DPI.
This is just the effect of playing at 4kDPI. I played with 2.75kDPI when I first started, now I use 900. Just play for a couple of hours on 800, then go back to it the next day. It will feel surprisingly natural.
Fxjlk
I use 1200dpi on 1980x1080

The lower your dpi the more you will use your wrist and the higher your dpi the more you will use your small hand muscles to control the mouse.

In the end your dpi is personal preference but Its probably best to choose a dpi that spreads the strain over your entire hand to avoid RSI.

Also try to pick a dpi and stick with it otherwise you have to relearn the game.
N0thingSpecial
I remember starting with 3k DPI, oh the good old times.

right now I use 800dpi on 1280x720.
KupcaH
I used 2400 when I started to play osu!.
Now I'm using 500 on 1366x768. In beginning it was so hard to move cursor, but I got used to it in one day, tho.
Sayorie
10000DPI by Razer™
dung eater

Endaris wrote:

Generally speaking, anything between 400 and 2000 dpi is viable, also depends on your grip though.
300 and 200 are fine. need a large mousepad for 100.
timemon
800DPI at 1366x768 here

my advice is to get a tablet.
Snow901

timemon wrote:

800DPI at 1366x768 here

^this. Get a tablet and watch the improvement. I used to play mouse 5200 dpi @ 1.75x sens on 1080p fs and could only do up to 3.7* maps then. I whipped out my old tablet to try it out with osu and now I can do 4.5* maps ez. umbrellas
Topic Starter
HopeNya
thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to go with 1300 DPI right now for a while and see how that goes.
LoliPantsu
get a razer gaming mouse with 16000 dpi
FrzR

timemon wrote:

800DPI at 1366x768 here

y u do dis

800dpi is good
NixXSkate
I would personally go slightly over 800dpi for that resolution (1600x900), like 900dpi. I'd say 800-1000 is the normal sensitivity range.
Endie-
Scarlet Evans
I think Doomsday is using 1.5k DPI? Not sure about AngeLMegumin.

I personally started with something very fast, now I am down to 2k DPI, 1x sensitivity, Raw Input, 1366x768 (16:9), and I am planning to stick with it.
I am using fingertips grip, mostly with 4 fingers: my index finger is often risen in the air or gently laying on mouse, stabilizing and supporting my grip.

Even this often tires my forearm out after intensive playing session, when I play many very jumpy maps. My muscles are getting stronger and it gets better, but I would be killing myself with something like 800 DPI. Maybe for palm grip it's very good, but not for my grip and the way I'm executing it.
SPOILER
I can play many ~5* maps now (don't look at my top scores, I just don't have enough skill and consistency to FC the stuff I am mostly playing now without retries :P) and while playing on Relax I think that I can get quite far with this.
So, remember that just asking about DPI is often not enough, as people can hold mouse differently and use different muscles in a different way to move it =)

Edit: My mouse is: Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex, very good one and have a really nice shape! (some people don't like it though). Cable can be annoying for some people.
Topic Starter
HopeNya

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I think Doomsday is using 1.5k DPI? Not sure about AngeLMegumin.

I personally started with something very fast, now I am down to 2k DPI, 1x sensitivity, Raw Input, 1366x768 (16:9), and I am planning to stick with it.
I am using fingertips grip, mostly with 4 fingers: my index finger is often risen in the air or gently laying on mouse, stabilizing and supporting my grip.

Even this often tires my forearm out after intensive playing session, when I play many very jumpy maps. My muscles are getting stronger and it gets better, but I would be killing myself with something like 800 DPI. Maybe for palm grip it's very good, but not for my grip and the way I'm executing it.
SPOILER
I can play many ~5* maps now (don't look at my top scores, I just don't have enough skill and consistency to FC the stuff I am mostly playing now without retries :P) and while playing on Relax I think that I can get quite far with this.
So, remember that just asking about DPI is often not enough, as people can hold mouse differently and use different muscles in a different way to move it =)

Edit: My mouse is: Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex, very good one and have a really nice shape! (some people don't like it though). Cable can be annoying for some people.
i have been using 1300 DPI so far, and i am really liking it. i finally passed a difficult map. 5.43 stars. i use the vertical mouse evoluent 4 now. i am not gonne switch to 800 dpi because that is just too slow. and 2k is too fast for me now. so i think this dpi is perfect for now~
Rurree
800 dpi on 1366x768 resolution
Claw grip (palm grip when tired)
1000 hz polling rate
No mouse accel
6/11
Raw input
Steelseries Rival 300
Hibiya-chan

timemon wrote:

800DPI at 1366x768 here