forum

about legthreads

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mahogany
People are allowed to have avatars and map backgrounds of underage anime girls in swimsuits but people aren't allowed to post their legs. Seems legit.
Nameless
Ephemeral let us have our fun, for fucks sake
Did you forget that this is OT
Yuudachi-kun
yep it'd be perfectly fine if you did that

the key difference between the two paradigms is that posting pictures of yourself in general is a fairly benign thing and not really a targeted thing.

posting pictures just of your legs from my experience, has people do all sorts of weird shit to garner attention within said threads, which moves the threads away from just sharing pictures and more about appealing to a fetish. trust me, it gets really fucking awkward after a while and it inevitably gets closed one way or another.

i personally, don't really give a fuck what people do. it's no skin off my back if people want to post pictures of themselves being reamed anally by a zucchini in a full nelson honestly, but it definitely isn't appropriate for osu! given what the leader of the project wants for the game (and its demographic), so who am i (and you for that matter) to suggest anything to the contrary?

people pretending to be facebook on the forums is fine, people pretending to be ashley madison on the forums is not fine. where those two lines intersect is purely where we draw the line, and i, in my insatiable wisdom, draw the line at legs threads because I still remember the sort of janky shit that went on in the last one.

fair?
I assume his response won't change to you
Endaris

Railey2 wrote:

yes

do you feel aroused yet? I for one am very aroused. In fact, I could open the door with my massive boner,
your legs don't look like you're bald
Zain Sugieres

Endaris wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

yes

do you feel aroused yet? I for one am very aroused. In fact, I could open the door with my massive boner,

Bald people have hair on legs too
Yuudachi-kun
Bald people have minge
Topic Starter
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

yep it'd be perfectly fine if you did that

the key difference between the two paradigms is that posting pictures of yourself in general is a fairly benign thing and not really a targeted thing.

posting pictures just of your legs from my experience, has people do all sorts of weird shit to garner attention within said threads, which moves the threads away from just sharing pictures and more about appealing to a fetish. trust me, it gets really fucking awkward after a while and it inevitably gets closed one way or another.

i personally, don't really give a fuck what people do. it's no skin off my back if people want to post pictures of themselves being reamed anally by a zucchini in a full nelson honestly, but it definitely isn't appropriate for osu! given what the leader of the project wants for the game (and its demographic), so who am i (and you for that matter) to suggest anything to the contrary?

people pretending to be facebook on the forums is fine, people pretending to be ashley madison on the forums is not fine. where those two lines intersect is purely where we draw the line, and i, in my insatiable wisdom, draw the line at legs threads because I still remember the sort of janky shit that went on in the last one.

fair?
The pictures aren't on a facebook to ashley madison scale to begin with. It's Off-Topic, people were in the threads because it's mindless circlejerking fun, as shown by the fact that half of the posts weren't even directly about legs. It's not about the legs. But I guess you'd have to be an actual part of this subforum to understand that.

Endaris wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

yes

I'm not bald
Foxtrot
Things were fine. Nobody got hurt. Besides, there's much more grittier stuff happening behind the shades and nobody is doing anything about it. Even if mods are involved.

But oh well

Legs gotta walk somewhere
Zain Sugieres
Finally VHS post
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I was Dulcet
Zain Sugieres
Khelly ur legs are good too but u r a trap
Ephemeral
please elucidate as to the nature of this "grittier" stuff and i'll happily handle that as well

the pm i sent to khelly which they quoted is pretty much all i have to say on the matter anyway

if you want legthreads, maybe make a discord dedicated to them or something? idk what to tell you otherwise.

i kind of wish i could dig up the original post-your-legs thread so you all could see the sort of stuff it devolved to after page 30 or whatever it was, but alas, it is lost to the annals of time

ALSO of all the announcement posts ever made calling the people that browse this subforum necromancers and unoriginal fucks, bad posting shitposters and generally beings of ill worth and flat out stupid, the one chink in the armor is apparently poking ill at people's propensity to get aroused over legs.

hoooooooooooooooooo boy.
Yuudachi-kun
Is it still here and you're just too lazy to find it or is it literally deleted

All 3 of those things you mentioned have to do with calling us names. This one has to do with prohibiting something. Necroposting doesn't count
Ephemeral
it's fukken ded or i would've pulled it out of AW and valhalla'd it for a few days so you could all see for yourselves

or pulled some screenshots from it or something

i can understand how being told that you can't have something because the people before most of you had something similar and totally fucked it up sucks, but those are the apples unfortunately
Rurree
Thanks VHS
Topic Starter
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

please elucidate as to the nature of this "grittier" stuff and i'll happily handle that as well

the pm i sent to khelly which they quoted is pretty much all i have to say on the matter anyway

if you want legthreads, maybe make a discord dedicated to them or something? idk what to tell you otherwise.

i kind of wish i could dig up the original post-your-legs thread so you all could see the sort of stuff it devolved to after page 30 or whatever it was, but alas, it is lost to the annals of time

ALSO of all the announcement posts ever made calling the people that browse this subforum necromancers and unoriginal fucks, bad posting shitposters and generally beings of ill worth and flat out stupid, the one chink in the armor is apparently poking ill at people's propensity to get aroused over legs.

hoooooooooooooooooo boy.

Did you write the linked threads in a coma and never bothered reading them afterwards or are you just willingly misrepresenting them for the sake of your argument?
The necromancer/unoriginal fucks was directed at the people that necropost, which is not the regulars.
The shitposting isn't even a bad thing in Off-Topic context, that's just what we do.
The post about being stupid was 4 years ago, I really don't care about that. Also, you don't explicitly call people stupid in that one.

Maybe you should try a little harder if you want to force an argument that makes people think I'm a hypocrite. Some guys in this thread certainly did a better job at making you seem like one, thanks to Mahogany and FuZ. Latest post in the picture-post you IRL thread, I rest my case t/1873&start=28395 Cleavage is more commonly seen as sexual than legs, and even there it's not a problem.

You can poke as much ill as you want, as long as you don't close threads. And again, you are acting like everyone here has a fetish for legs. People like to circlejerk, that is all. I already responded to your PM.
- You assume that it is solely about sharing pictures. It is not. The majority of the thread was about other things than legs, or about jokes/puns about legs rather than sharing pictures of your actual legs.
- You assume that it is about appealing to a fetish. It is not. People are just having fun because they can and nobody cares.

I don't know what traumatized you so much in the oldest leg-thread, but just let it go. You can close the new threads when they go bad, but I don't think that this will happen. Unless it is a law of nature that shit goes down after page 30 in leg threads on the osu off-topic subforum.
Ephemeral
so make threads about shitty leg puns and have fun with it, just don't post pictures of your legs. sounds fair to me!

report any users that post sexually suggestive pics in that thread via their profile and we'll handle it
Yuudachi-kun
Ephemeral can you pm me your legs though

Just asking
Ephemeral
have you seen my avatar

i skip leg day
Yuudachi-kun
I would like you more if you had an anime girl avatar
Flaus
eph is on his period guys...
Topic Starter
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

so make threads about shitty leg puns and have fun with it, just don't post pictures of your legs. sounds fair to me!

report any users that post sexually suggestive pics in that thread via their profile and we'll handle it
if we can deal with half naked lolis on osu beatmap backgrounds, we can deal with the sexually suggestive legpics too. And most people don't even care about the suggestive parts. Just let us be. If someone posts a dickpic, it'll get reported dw

If you're worried of the thread making a bad image for the forums, then rest assured. Osu is all about presenting itself to new players in the best way possible.
We got u covered
Ephemeral
hey it isn't always about you

maybe you should sit down for a bit
Topic Starter
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

hey it isn't always about you

maybe you should sit down for a bit
what are you even on about. This isn't about me, it's about YOU. And Legthreads. And you closing the legthreads. I thought that was pretty clear.

Whatever. I just wanted leg threads, and not getting shut down for something that happened between completely different people 4 years ago and is completely unrelated to anything that happens today. And the hypocrisy is still staggering. I know you don't give a shit at this point, but yeah.

Thanks for not silencing me anyway.
Ephemeral
silencing people for being dumb would go against the whole point of off-topic in the first place

but you're welcome i guess?
silmarilen

Railey2 wrote:

if we can deal with half naked lolis on osu beatmap backgrounds, we can deal with the sexually suggestive legpics too.
/thread
Ephemeral
yeah maybe you can deal with them but the bulk of this website isn't you, and might possibly be impressionable 8 year olds playing a free rhythm game they found on the internet

don't take it personally. these are the apples, and one must learn to deal with things.

time to move on

oh and as always if you notice any spurious shit that needs cleaning up, please actually either profile report it or PM it to me or any other GMT for us to check and fix. we're not omnipresent