forum

guide to osu! by lolipantsu

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu

HK_ wrote:

Not sure if trolling or best guide ever.
clearly you dont understand, maybe when you become a profesional osu! player with over 4000 pp like me you will
Yolshka
hello lolipantsu i know this is a joke but!

LoliPantsu wrote:

i can play 7 star maps but i am only ranked 400k, why is my rank so low? play maps you can fc
I think for improvement it's better to play maps you can't do well on , but you still have an idea of what's going on.
Missing a couple circles doesn't really matter if you're just focused on improving, I'd go as far as to say that missing an entire section, like you know, a Geki or whatever is fine too, depending on maps and hp and combos and stuff of course. Fc is pretty much needed for PP though, but I've seen high PP B scores as well, but still.
That's probably not the same as passing, because you can pass maps even if you don't know what you're doing, done that before :oops:

Also imo you can start patterns like doubles/triples/streams with your non dominant finger as well, for instance I only feel comfortable starting these patterns on X because I singletap with that, except for doubles because I start those with Z, and got pretty much used to it by now.
Deva

Yolshka wrote:

hello lolipantsu i know this is a joke but!

LoliPantsu wrote:

i can play 7 star maps but i am only ranked 400k, why is my rank so low? play maps you can fc
I think for improvement it's better to play maps you can't do well on , but you still have an idea of what's going on.
Missing a couple circles doesn't really matter if you're just focused on improving, I'd go as far as to say that missing an entire section, like you know, a Geki or whatever is fine too, depending on maps and hp and combos and stuff of course. Fc is pretty much needed for PP though, but I've seen high PP B scores as well, but still.
Rohulk has 60-70% plays very often and yet he is so good. Not retrying at all even on really bad plays is the best for improvement, chasing after a FC and retrying 4567890 times in the process is bad.
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
how is a 400k who plays 7 star maps going to learn anything except how to mash?
StephOsu

LoliPantsu wrote:

how is a 400k who plays 7 star maps going to learn anything except how to mash?
did you just meme'd your own guide
Xyrus_old_1

LoliPantsu wrote:

You may want to add a little bit about reading the wiki to understand how PP works, many players struggle to do so. They need a hero who will show them the way! :D

You should also add a section on how to download beatmap packs for those that like to retry often, a section on how to stream when you can't FC 4.5+* maps and a guide on the fair and proper usage of gaterade to improve performance legally.

I am looking forward to seeing your guide bring many new players to Cookiezi tier.

Yolshka wrote:

The question and answer are about getting better ranks, not improving. They also think they can read 7 star maps at 400k ranking, so I doubt they have an idea of what's going on. Please don't try to bring advanced topics like reading and getting better at the game without ranking up to a beginner's guide. Thank you.
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
good idea
Pituophis
thank
timemon

Pituophis wrote:

thank
dude, what happened to your cute snake picture.

I would like to add another important tip: hit the circle, to the beat.
Pituophis
fixed
Jukkii
As long as you dont whack-a-mole youre pretty off pretty good.
Basically play maps you can get max 7miss on or an FC with a little effort.
Deva

-Jukke- wrote:

Basically play maps you can get max 7miss on or an FC with a little effort.
Its plays like this that you get good from and not the 567890x retry FCs.

FuZ

LoliPantsu wrote:

how do i spin? move your cursor in a circle shape while holding down z or x
hello thank you for this guide, i tried this tip but pressing z or x doesnt do anything please send help
Deva

FuZ wrote:

LoliPantsu wrote:

how do i spin? move your cursor in a circle shape while holding down z or x
hello thank you for this guide, i tried this tip but pressing z or x doesnt do anything please send help
You need to hold your foot on z or x for it to work.
Rosten
can we please have rules that prohibit god-awful shitposting like this

seriously guys the joke isnt funny and it never was

are there even any mods on this board anymore
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu

Rosten wrote:

this is a serious guide, some people on this forum need to learn things that should be self explanatory
Deva

Rosten wrote:

This thing might look like a meme but it contains legit advice. Its not our fault that people ask stupid questions like "how do I spin" or "how do I aim" or "how do i stream" or "How do i get better".

The fact that you didnt realise that should be worrying you.
Xyrus_old_1

HK_ wrote:

Rosten wrote:

This thing might look like a meme but it contains legit advice. Its not our fault that people ask stupid questions like "how do I spin" or "how do I aim" or "how do i stream" or "How do i get better".

The fact that you didnt realise that should be worrying you.
If Endaris hadn't already done it, I would have even suggested that we need a guide for telling people how to "play more".
Risa
It's pretty cool when a legit guide for new people looks like a meme to G&R regulars lmao
Endaris

Ezonie wrote:

It's pretty cool when a legit guide for new people looks like a meme to G&R regulars lmao
It's not surprising at all since the guide was written by a meme.
StephOsu

Endaris wrote:

It's not surprising at all since the guide was written by a meme.
savage
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
im glad my work is noticed <3
bokutowl_old
thx
Scarlet Evans
I didn't thought that... cared to check it earlier by myself if... knew that new beatmap packs are regularly being added even now and, which really pleases me, they keep tracking if you had CLEARED a map from given mapset or not!

Thank you, LoliPantsu! Now I have a new goal, to CLEAR as many beatmap packs as I can! This guide happened to be really useful for me, no irony here! :)
Many people, especially new players, either don't know about these packs or keep forgetting about them, so it's indeed very valuable to remind about them ;)
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I didn't thought that... cared to check it earlier by myself if... knew that new beatmap packs are regularly being added even now and, which really pleases me, they keep tracking if you had CLEARED a map from given mapset or not!

Thank you, LoliPantsu! Now I have a new goal, to CLEAR as many beatmap packs as I can! This guide happened to be really useful for me, no irony here! :)
Many people, especially new players, either don't know about these packs or keep forgetting about them, so it's indeed very valuable to remind about them ;)
i think someone else told me to post that but thanks for liking my guide
buny
hey so ive been folowing this guide for a couple months now and was wondering if u werew going to update it for the more recent pp grinding areas, thanks
StephOsu

a loli wrote:

hey so ive been folowing this guide for a couple months now and was wondering if u werew going to update it for the more recent pp grinding areas, thanks

a loli wrote:

couple months
KupcaH

StephOsu wrote:

a loli wrote:

a loli wrote:

couple months
N0thingSpecial
Shitty guide doesn't teach me how to map
KupcaH
map more
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

map more
I've been following your guide for couple months and was wondering if you were going to update it for more recent BN finding area.
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu

a loli wrote:

omg a 0.1k uses my guides
Endaris
Why wouldn't a loli use her pantsu?
StephOsu

Endaris wrote:

Why wouldn't a loli use her pantsu?
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
bump because my guide is super good
KupcaH
yes
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
also with my professional level osu! skills i got 2 leaderboards today im proud of. S/o to you mom
Endie-
oh yes very good glad I read this damn now I will go for the stars weeee
Fxjlk
I don't know how to do sliders, your guide doesn't cover sliders.

pls halp
pandaBee
I give this guide my official endorsement. Follow your dreams.
show more