forum

Normal nightcore mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
I was thinking you should be able to play with nightcore without having to use DT with it. Nightcore should be like a free mod like SD with a 1.00 multiplier so you can play it whenever you want to hear higher pitched music. In order to do this you simply just increase the pitch of a song but not the speed, for example if you wanted to play a regular nc map you would play with DTNC
Endaris
Nightcore has a nazi definition. Just because you raise the pitch and/or speed of something it isn't Nightcore.
You can always edit the original mp3 of the map as osu! won't notice 8-)
Bara-
You do know that this couldn't work, right?
Nightcore naturally shifts pitchs due to frequencies being changed, thus the change in pitch.
The contant beat might even people with accuracy (I prefer NC over DT due to this) so I don't think this can work out well...
Stefan
Instead of having millions of similar threads like this one why not requesting a general modifier menu where you have nonsensical modifications and gimmicks to the map you're going to play. Hell, let's say we could do this similar to Stepmania, example: http://i.imgur.com/toTyGUX.jpg

It wouldn't replace the recent mods but you can modify the beatmap as much you want.
abraker
I am not 100% sure if the resultant music file's offset will be shifted or not since I didn't try it myself, but can't you just use any average audio editor like Wavepad to shift the pitch?

That said, I am totally fine with osu! having an internal audio editor as well

sales pitch: supporters benefit includes fancy audio editing gizmos and built in music player
Axon
This would be literally impossible to implement perfectly. When people make nightcore remixes of songs, they don't use the same settings for every song. Music is very diverse, so this would probably sound fine on some songs, but it would also sound like shit on others. Which completely ruins the point of the mod in the first place.
Korrui
I like the idea, I have always wanted to see something like this, but no one else seems to agree with the mod idea.