forum

Trying to make myself an avatar

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
I am trying to make myself a new avatar. What are your opinions about this? I think it's rather dark. Any suggestions?

Little Zhang
What's your original image?
Topic Starter
abraker

[-Satoshi-] wrote:

What do you mean?
Little Zhang

abraker wrote:

[-Satoshi-] wrote:

What do you mean?

Like, this:

Original

Final
Topic Starter
abraker

[-Satoshi-] wrote:

Like, this:

Original

Final
A bunch of things, actually. It's a composition of at least 6 different things. I can give the pxd if you want to play around with it.

Edit: Here
puccithecat
you should make the font style a little more interesting
btw, you did good so far
Topic Starter
abraker

puccithecat wrote:

btw, you did good so far
Problem is that I come with 0 imagination in terms of design. What you have here is 9 hours of me just throwing stuff together hoping it would look good. So I have no imagination of what "interesting" would be. That is I can tell what it is when I see it, but can't come up with it.
Little Zhang

abraker wrote:

puccithecat wrote:

btw, you did good so far
Problem is that I come with 0 imagination in terms of design. What you have here is 9 hours of me just throwing stuff together hoping it would look good. So I have no imagination of what "interesting" would be. That is I can tell what it is when I see it, but can't come up with it.

DaFont
1001Fonts

Just browse around and find a bunch of stuff that you can get even if it's not for this particular project, but have the goal to find something that could possibly maybe go relatively closely sorta to your current project, that's how I started out xp
puccithecat

abraker wrote:

puccithecat wrote:

btw, you did good so far
welp, i dont put fonts and actually type in the signatures i make. what i do is just go copy and paste letters and put it in my sig.
that's how creative i am
i hope that kind of way to make crap interesting can help you be better at the fonts
Topic Starter
abraker
The font is something I was less concerned, but will look into giving it more touchups. I was more concerned about the background image itself. I feel it can be better.