forum

[confirmed] Autolinking beatmaps in #spectator vs supportertag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Endaris
Problem Details:
It's about this nifty little option:

There is no indicator that this option would be supporter only. For a fact this option does not do anything if you're not a supporter though.

On the supporting-page the only perk regarding spectating is this one:

Again, no indication that the option mentioned above is something you get via supporter.

Solution would be to either indicate this in the mouseover-text and on the supporting-page OR making this option do something for non-supporters as well. Right now it's kind of...misinforming.

osu! version: 20160525.1beta

/edit: removed web-tag per request as this wouldnt get any notice due to the new page.
Bara-
If you're a supporter, you'll download the map instantly when you are spectating someone else
If you use that option, the others players who spectate you will get a link

There is actually quite a difference here...

Anyways, I just reread your post, and it seems that the button doesn't do anything if you're not a supporter. Why not disable the button (as in, make it invinsible) for non-supporters?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Bara- wrote:

Anyways, I just reread your post, and it seems that the button doesn't do anything if you're not a supporter. Why not disable the button (as in, make it invinsible) for non-supporters?

If so then other options like "Prefer non-video downloads" should be grayed out or hidden from non supporters. Since it is in fact a osu! direct only feature.
Seijiro
Imo adding just a "supporter only" comment within brackets for the in-game option would be enough to clear the misunderstanding.
The supporter page would also be revamped with osu!next so no real need to change it now. (I don't think many users ever wondered about this thing, but that's just my opinion here)
Topic Starter
Endaris

MrSergio wrote:

(I don't think many users ever wondered about this thing, but that's just my opinion here)
Pretty sure this comes up frequently when a nonsupporter tries to spectate a nonsupporter and tells the other guy that there must be an autolinkfunction because other guys had that too.
Pawsu

MrSergio wrote:

Imo adding just a "supporter only" comment within brackets for the in-game option would be enough to clear the misunderstanding.
The supporter page would also be revamped with osu!next so no real need to change it now. (I don't think many users ever wondered about this thing, but that's just my opinion here)
This, I feel like it would be the most obvious thing to do.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Pawsu wrote:

MrSergio wrote:

This, I feel like it would be the most obvious thing to do.

Either that, Or just make the option work for non supporters. But I guess It's a question of do supporters have enough "Bonuses" without it... I honestly think yes, This option really doesn't do much for the supporter that has it.
Pawsu

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Either that, Or just make the option work for non supporters. But I guess It's a question of do supporters have enough "Bonuses" without it... I honestly think yes, This option really doesn't do much for the supporter that has it.
I understand the logic behind this, but that would also have to go for the other supporter only options, such as the option to download with no video via osu!direct as already stated above.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Pawsu wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I understand the logic behind this, but that would also have to go for the other supporter only options, such as the option to download with no video via osu!direct as already stated above.

Yeah I forgot to mention that it would be good to implement that as well as changing who can use it. I agree with MrSergio
VeilStar
Confirming this. Ideally the option should be grayed out when the user does not have a supporter tag.

For the time being a adding a comment that this feature will only work if you have a supporter tag can be done through the Localisation Project. I've done so for the English column.