forum

Hardest video game you've encountered?

posted
Total Posts
show more
hoihoisoi
ALL TOUHOU HELL SHOOTERS (Even on easy, I get quite some kicks, as in I get screwed)
taiko_maniac1811

hoihoisoi wrote:

ALL TOUHOU HELL SHOOTERS (Even on easy, I get quite some kicks, as in I get screwed)
X2
i only stuck at normal ==

easy is quite easy :3
Haseo_old

taiko_maniac1811 wrote:

easy is quite easy :3
No shit.

I tried I Wanna Be The Guy a few minutes ago. I died after 30 seconds.
FisHie_old
Zool was the hardest game in my childhood.

My dad was pro at it though.
Everytime I watched him play, I would go

It was incredible.
Rii_old_1
Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

Also extremely hard, ganon shoots little light balls
Salvage
yu gi oh forbidden memories .. awesome and hard as hell game
Backfire

Salvage wrote:

yu gi oh forbidden memories .. awesome and hard as hell game
I liked mixing shit randomly and hoping to god they made something boss.
Salvage
lol yea, i used to remember good fusions tho (well, the sand witch thing 2100 with thousands of equipments and the dragon 2800 were the most common)

but after the mages you had to beat the laberinth guy, the 2 crocodile dudes, and like 4 guys more without saving in a row .. it was impossible.
Backfire
My friend and me spent hours upon hours trying to beat it. Getting stars was nigh impossible cause you get like 1 a fight, and if you wanna transfer cards in, you had to spend like 5 billion.
Salvage
i beated it with gameshark, otherwise it's impossible imo
Backfire
It's just really retarded >> But I loved it.
Hernan
I beated it, took like 2 or 3 months to gather some good cards but totally worth it /foreveralone
Salvage
lier
bomber34
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty

ON
EUROPEAN EXTREME

omg that is just insane (don't trust somebodys speedrun)
I destroyed my Ps2 controller at the end with this triangle button pressing over 3minutes.
I died over 2000 times !
but it was a worthy experience.

and btw IWBTG is easy :P
Emilescute
For me it's currently The adventure of Link. My mom knows where everything are on that game and she's really amazing at it.. But I'm pretty much worthless on it... She even had to help to the last boss which I took myself XD
Armaggedon25
Gonna add beatmaniaIIDX (Which I know was brought up in an earlier post) to my list, because the learning curve is the steepest I've ever seen for a rhythm game. The jump in difficulty between normal and hyper is ridiculous :(

I suppose in general bemani games are fairly challenging, but I find Jubeat very fun (and pretty easy). Never tried DrumMania or any of those though.
787B
Dark Souls, there's no doubt about it.
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Any shooter known to mankind.
-Athena-
yu gi oh took me 1 year to beat when i was about 8 XD kept gathering stuff from meadow mage in free duel
Dark Souls is awesome and hard but far from hardest once you know what you're doing
i think Devil May Cry 3 DMD mode takes the cake i can't think of anything else at this time
BatterKnife
I have three games I have never ever beaten. They are just small indy games and maybe people will laugh at this but
My games are "An Untitled Story", "IWBTG", "IWBTSM"
Pokebis
Hm, I never finished Untitled Story. I should do that at some point.
I don't want to finish I Wanna be The Shrine Maiden, though. That's just lame.
Dafydd
This might be a repost, but I think QWOP is the hardest.
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
Yeah, 1 meter is a "big" distance. :D
eat my soup
Metroid on the NES. I beat it, but the game was so poorly designed that to play it without any outside source would take a lifetime to beat.
Pokebis

eat my soup wrote:

Metroid on the NES. I beat it, but the game was so poorly designed that to play it without any outside source would take a lifetime to beat.
A lot of NES games were like this. You had to basically bomb random walls in the original Zelda if you wanted to find anything.
awp

Dafydd wrote:

This might be a repost, but I think QWOP is the hardest.
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
Yeah, 1 meter is a "big" distance. :D
just do a kneeling drag, bro
GensokyoAkuma
The dark spire for NDS.
It's so goddamn hard, also I just don't seem to have the patience for a hardcore labyrinth dungeon crawler RPG T_T
except for shin megami tensei: strange journey.. god, that game was pretty hard >.< but sooooo damn awesome *__*
I liked the story and visuals of The dark spire though lol
awp
Strange Journey? more like Shin Megami Tensei: Rise of the Cybermen
Ekaru
Super Mario Bros. Yes, the original one.

...Yes, I'm *that* bad at platformers.
Dafydd

awp wrote:

just do a kneeling drag, bro
Aahhh yes. But it still ain't easy! :D
Only a few people could do a "close to perfect" run, but would still fall after running several meters. :D

Ekaru wrote:

Super Mario Bros. Yes, the original one.

...Yes, I'm *that* bad at platformers.
I agree with you. But I don't think you're bad with platform games. Bros. 1 had just insane difficulty.
-Insane Super Mario- Totally different from the original. x10 difficulty. :D
eat my soup

Pokebis wrote:

eat my soup wrote:

A lot of NES games were like this. You had to basically bomb random walls in the original Zelda if you wanted to find anything.
Although I agree, there are T]two things that seperate LoZ from Metroid:

1. Most random bombing was optional. Neither the potion nor container was NEEDED to win, just made it easier.
2. Necessary bombing was most of the time deducted from logic by using the map and seeing there is no passage way into the room nearby on all sides. Plus, it tended to be in the center of the wall.

Metroid was like telling me to find a needle in a haystack over one hundred different times. Thanksfully bombing random places didnt take some form of money like in LoZ.
Low
/
Rii_old_1
uff I found this new game named "Minecraft" and I still didn't beat the game yet. :(
Dafydd

Rii wrote:

uff I found this new game named "Minecraft" and I still didn't beat the game yet. :(
Wait I thought, you just build blocks and stuff then show it to mods then poof!
Rii_old_1
heh, but I wanna win at it, nvm then, quitting minecraft lul
Aoko
Final Fantasy XII for the DS.
Elit3noob
Army Men Sarges Heroes on PS1. Still can't get past level 4 >:(
vizzy
I think Wild Arms 4. I got to one puzzle near the end of the game and spent countless hours on it, reading FAQs and couldn't overcome it. Then I stopped playing.
Hakeru
i wanna be the fangam =,=a

too much trap
Dieathan
Mega Man Zero, the first one.
Mega Man X6 was cheap in difficulty but even then I could still finish that. In Mega Man Zero, despite being genuinely hard, I can't even beat the first of the final stages.
Drexel13
Amnesia : The Dark Descent
shit, filled with wandering monster and no weapons at all..
show more