forum

Skipping intro part of the song with no notes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MadMads
Usually when I play other beatmaps, it lets me skip the intro of a song if there are no notes. This lets me get into the action faster when I am playing. However, I am mapping my own map now and it seems to be forcing me to listen to the entire intro without giving me the "Skip" option. Sometimes I can make it appear if I enable the countdown, sometimes not. It seems like I had the option to skip when I started mapping, but now I have no choice.

Does anyone know how I can manually enable it? Or what I did wrong? Thank you very much :)
Endaris
I'm not particularly experienced in this matter but the option that jumps to my mind first would be the audio lead-in time. Usually it is set automatically depending on the first note placement though. You can edit it in the .osu-file of your difficulty.
Bara-
It likely has to do with when the first note appears
If it starts too early for a proper skip to appear, the skip will not appear. This also has to do with AR I assume (since breaks also have that)
Topic Starter
MadMads

Endaris wrote:

I'm not particularly experienced in this matter but the option that jumps to my mind first would be the audio lead-in time. Usually it is set automatically depending on the first note placement though. You can edit it in the .osu-file of your difficulty.
There is indeed a line called AudioLeadIn, and it's set to 0 in my song. However, changing the value doesn't do anything.

Bara- wrote:

It likely has to do with when the first note appears
If it starts too early for a proper skip to appear, the skip will not appear. This also has to do with AR I assume (since breaks also have that)
Yes, I'm aware that the first note has to be way back, in order for the skip to appear. The first note in my song is 11~12 seconds back, which (I found out through observation of other songs and testing in new beatmaps) is plenty of time for the skip button to appear. Also, I don't know what AR means :?

So far, it's not working yet :(
Bara-
AR=Approach Rate
You can set it via the 'difficulty' tab in the 'Song Setup'
TheHiddn1
How do you add a skip intro in a beatmap
aiq

TheHiddn1 wrote:

How do you add a skip intro in a beatmap
just dont map the beginning

also please dont necropost