18.92%
OD is fine & The pattern stated in 2. is good
48.65%
Total votes: 74
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Evening
LINK TO MAP: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/376293

As you may have noticed/played or whatever'ed PLANET//SHAPER, it got qualified and I'd like to take this opportunity to reach out to everyone here and ask for opinions on these matters:

1. LOWERING OD

- Well, I'm horribly persistent on keeping the dense jumpstream for numerous reasons as stated:

SPOILER

Pope Gadget wrote:

The only problem I have with the map is the dense jumpstream. I yield roughly 2/3rds of my 200 count from those sections - and they only last for 3.2% of the song. I'm not sure what to do here but I would suggest something like single note streams (with jumps for any areas that you feel very necessary) which are patterned to be tricky to read rather than tricky to time
Well I would like to state 2 sides of the argument right now to clarify why i decided the dense jumpstream (1/4 Jumps) over something less dense (1/2 Jumps):

My initial argument:

- Since it's transitioning from a chord heavier section, I would like something that mimics chord usage instead of rolls basically, so I kind of reject the idea of anything else other than this current pattern which mimics a 1/6 jumptrill

- Personally had this idea of making a map stand out through something unique like what I've stated above basically. In addition, I would like this map to be able to bring out that this idea of approximation is totally acceptable in unique cases like these by making patterns literally unreadable at the 2nd half.

- The map itself creates an idea that teaches and forces player to jumptrill this 1/6 anyways with increasingly harder to read similar patterns like this and I felt that it's really unique in its own way

- I understood the consequence of people getting tons of 200s through playing this map

Other parties' argument:

- Quite similar to yours so I'm not repeating it basically

--

Personally I still stand by my initial argument since I believe that the 1/6 jumptrill is what makes the map unique, but I would like to extend and increase the range of SS-ability without dropping the OD too low basically, so pre-qualification I rolled with OD 8 (that's a pretty standard OD for most maps)

Not sure if I should drop down to OD 6 - 7 to make it easier in a sense, I believe that other parts of this map are quite hard to time too anyways, so yea I'm quite unsure of this currently

Well, when I made this map I didn't really take in consideration of how hard is it to SS, instead I focused on the most advanced players and the biggest brains to be able to FC it after some tries

If the community would like to drop the OD, I'll request for a DQ and lower it to something 6 - 7 but I might raise the HP a slight bit more to counter that

Anyways, appreciate your reminder that the map isn't really SS-able even at a high skill level, I'll take time to reconsider this

TL;DR : Map has patterns that are intentionally hard to time, should I just reduce the OD to 6 - 7 make it more SS-able but i'll raise the HP to counter that

2. MINDBLOCKS

- Basically I have noted that these patterns _quite_ mindblock-ish,

02:06:088 - This would be the time stamp of one of them

- If majority thinks that it's a good pattern then I won't bother to fix it
- If majority thinks that it's an OK pattern then I will change it to something less mindblocky
- Similarly if you guys think it's bad

--

Well, just vote and I'll take the needed actions to amend this basically, if you have any concerns on what changes I should make or would like to bash me for no reason, go ahead and post
Bobbias
I have no idea since I'm nowhere near good enough to play this, but thank you for going out of your way to actually create a thread here discussing specific issues about the map.
dionzz99
the "mindblock" patterns are good but kinda hard to do..
00:47:720 - i think making them 322232223 (amount of notes) with random placement will do
02:06:088 - this one might do as well
03:08:129 - for this section , i guess that you wanted the "hype" or intense progressing so no change for this.
05:15:476 - if you change this , we won't get mindblock but it'll be hard to read. at this current pattern, we can just jumptrill this part but we'll get mindblock and a potential bad acc. idk..

for the 1/8 jumpstream burst , since most of players here are "acc hunter" pp hunter orz , might be good to lower the OD. i guess increasing the HP is kinda of a good idea for the "challenge" since its 6 stars. but we might be ripped if we get a random miss simultaneously from the minijack.

just in case this gets dq-ed and you'll fix the pattern , maybe you can add 1 more note to each strong drum like 00:54:659 ; 00:55:476 ; etc etc..
Aqo
isn't this what map threads are for though...
Topic Starter
Evening

Aqo wrote:

isn't this what map threads are for though...
the OP gets lost in the thread basically, hence

will take note of all suggestions here on a side note
BurningPower
Those SV changes tho
Jole
That "mindblockable" pattern isn't a problem from my point of view. The only tricky part about it is being able to offset your hits in your head so some of the 1/4 minijack jumps are being hit as quads. I vote for it to stay
juankristal
While I do believe this discus should be taken in the map thread I am fine with keeping this one in particular. Will give feedback when I have the time.

Good luck Evening!
Topic Starter
Evening

dionzz99 wrote:

the "mindblock" patterns are good but kinda hard to do..
00:47:720 - i think making them 322232223 (amount of notes) with random placement will do Kinda did something different you can refer to it in a bit once it gets dqed i suppose, it's still tentative to change
02:06:088 - this one might do as well Similarly
03:08:129 - for this section , i guess that you wanted the "hype" or intense progressing so no change for this. I kind of insist on changing this however, I did something like [AB]ABB[AB]ABA[AB]BAA... as the pattern, where A and B are [12] and [34]
05:15:476 - if you change this , we won't get mindblock but it'll be hard to read. at this current pattern, we can just jumptrill this part but we'll get mindblock and a potential bad acc. idk..True, this is quite hard to mindblock with SVs I'll leave this pattern in

for the 1/8 jumpstream burst , since most of players here are "acc hunter" pp hunter orz , might be good to lower the OD. i guess increasing the HP is kinda of a good idea for the "challenge" since its 6 stars. but we might be ripped if we get a random miss simultaneously from the minijack. Went a bit deeper into why people get 200 rushes in this pattern with Shoegazer (mainly him) and decided I'll roll with something smaller in OD, hopefully when this new pattern rolls out it'd be much easier to get a kick start on the 1/6 jumptrill

just in case this gets dq-ed and you'll fix the pattern , maybe you can add 1 more note to each strong drum like 00:54:659 ; 00:55:476 ; etc etc.. yea... the main problem is that I dislike 3-note jacks unless they are really isolated, so I'll pass on this

Jole wrote:

That "mindblockable" pattern isn't a problem from my point of view. The only tricky part about it is being able to offset your hits in your head so some of the 1/4 minijack jumps are being hit as quads. I vote for it to stay
Yea though I have decided to go with a different pattern, with quite a similar idea, like I've said, it's tentative for now, if this pattern is way more mindblockable than the previous I'll revert, but for now, I'll wait for the DQ
So basically as of now, Shoegazer as proposed that I did a chord before the 1/6 so that it acts as a minijack so as to delay the second hit of the jumptrill so that it's easier to keep in rhythm, think it's a good time to call for a DQ anyways, thanks for all these responses

Based on the votes:
Since quite a number of you don't really think the OD is fine, I've decided to go with something 7.2 instead of the previous 6.5 as that low of an OD is kinda.. uh, and go ahead and raise the HP to 9.3 (I wanted to do 9.5 :c)

I've kept the general idea of the 2. pattern while doing some *minor* modifications, it should be still the same difficulty wise but less mindblocky/repetitive

Will go ahead and ask for a DQ
_underjoy
In my opinion the OD is fine but HP should be around 9,3-9,5.
Second pattern is okay.
JSELENABELIEBER
im a minority that think the 2nd pattern is lazy and dumb and was mindcucked at third play through. only complaint I have on an otherwise solid chart.

i think od is fine, and feel hp could be higher still.