forum

[duplicate] Allow normal users to change genre and custom titles on maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Atri-
I am not pretty sure is it a good place to put it there, if i am not, feel free to move this thread.

As we all know Genre and something like this (Which usually appears on the start of the gameplay) are editable by only moderators (GMT, QAT, or even BN for the custom titles?)

As i think that might make sense for the genre thing since it might prevent mappers to change the genre randomly so the moderators can change the genre for you when ranking a map, but i saw some of the maps like Prima Stella , Tokyo and Bull's Eye have already changed their genre before getting ranked, this might be unfair to some mappers because the purpose of genre is to make beatmap searching easily, so i think it should be allow us to change the genre in our maps, if the genre is wrong, moderators could still able to change their genres

And for the custom titles.... this is the important part, usually the title will appears on the start of the gameplay like the picture that i shown at the beginning of the thread, i saw some maps have changed the color, or the appearance time on them, here's some example from what i saw so far:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/932432&m=0 (in 'Special' diff, It appears Green and Cyan at 00:07:181 - )
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/83560 ( Appears blue and purple at 00:30:464 - )
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/300616 (White, but appears at roughly 03:16:798 - )

I know it can be optional and does not change much on the game play, but this makes one more reason that it should allow us to change them instead telling moderators or BNs to change them for us, i don't see a good reason how could a simple thing like that is only exclusive to moderators and BNs, besides, it might not fitting if it's always placed on the beginning

So, what do you think on them? is there a reason that normal users can't change them? :P
Topic Starter
-Atri-
Self bump, I know it's not kinda allowed but i really need to get some opinions instead of leaving it silent

I asked MrSergio to find does a similar thread was made, but he couldn't find it, so if you have find a really similar request, feel free to mark it as dupe
Pawsu
I swear there was a request to add "suggestions" to maps, such as the genre and tags. I'm not able to find it though...
Topic Starter
-Atri-

Pawsu wrote:

I swear there was a request to add "suggestions" to maps, such as the genre and tags. I'm not able to find it though...
Hmmm... if that so then i can remove the genre part, so it can be considered as separating the requests
Seijiro
As I already mentioned ingame, the first screen (regarding the song's title in gameplay) can be edited by QAT members only afaik.
I can at least ensure you I can't change that myself x)
Nathanael
It has been like this ever since before I registered so I'm not sure why it is restricted to BATs before.
As MrSergio said, we GMTs don't have access to these configurations.

Well anyway, I think it's a good idea for the genre, but not changing the fly-by's color and offset appearance.
Reasons are unknown for a reason, lol.
JBHyperion
Endaris
appearance of title: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48137
genre+language: t/30253

Afaik BNs can change the former too cause Baraatje sent some fancy screen of the website that looked editable in some thread iirc.
Seijiro
Thanks for finding the dupes, I was searching for the first one in particular and I wasn't able to find it, lol.

Quick update on who can change title appearence:
  1. QAT member (of course)
  2. Moderators that also have a BN status (thus recreating the QAT power)
Moderators or BNs alone won't be able to do it. I checked this info with QATs.

@Endaris, I probably saw that thread too and that time he was complaining that he can access the panel but he can't change those values.
Bara-
Correct
BN have it visible, but are not allowed/eligible to change it. I still wonder why...