Total Posts
Topic Starter
OrkkeD
yo!

So i've got two simple questions.

First for skinners:
Do you create everything from scratch?

And question for users:
What type of skins do you prefer/like more?
Mahogany
As a user - Unobtrusive minimalistic skins. Hitcircles, followpoints, hitbursts should all be as clear, precise and easy to see as possible. Absolutely everything else can be as flashy as possible, because you can quickly turn the rest off and on, or it's in a place where it doesn't matter.
Topic Starter
OrkkeD
Yeah, thats what i am thinking too :D
Shut In Kestrel
I'm a user myself, I enjoy skins that are nice to look at and add a little more colour into the game my custom skin has 160 combo bursts for example... That probably explains why I'm not doing very well myself...
Fatal3ty
I like Clear Skin without Effects, Flashy, Comboburst and Weebs/Animes. Ring Circles with combo colors and normal default numbers.

Modern and minimalistic is good, example "2uyuf" or my own Skin. :D
Sycranet
As a Skinner (beginner at least), i use the standard size for hitcircle etc, and try to come up with a good size for other element like ranking panel, ranking, score, etc... I just try a bunch of size until one match like i want.

And as a user, i like a mix of both i guess. I like it to be simple and easy to read want it come to gameplay, but i like it to be a little flashy on the menu, with good animation, etc
Topic Starter
OrkkeD
Good to hear that others prefer neat and clean style
Amanystya
As a skinner I try to make something really simple with lot of fx, lightning effects and animation to make the HUD more animated.
I take some basics skin to check the size but tbh I test alot the skin I make to see if the gameplay is gud or not and try to fix each details cuz you can try to focus the eyes on differents elements it really depends on the skin or the player, like some focus on the followpoint other on the circles etc...
Topic Starter
OrkkeD
Amanystya i totally agree with you. Im doing it the same way, a lot of testing, re-modeling, flashy and neat parts in skin except in in-game. Fellow skinner haha
Hiutsuri
I try to make skins that have a theme, and everything that isn't the playfeild can be dressed up.

I do try to keep the play area as clean as I can, and even choose fairly simple animations when I do implement them.
I really only use skins that I make myself, so I suppose that's the same thing that I look for in a skin.