forum

osu!idol 2016 Final results!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shanipika
Wahhhh only 4 days left and my friend still didnt submit her entry :( She got sick just as her exam ended and now cant record D: Piyooooo you have to get better before the limit D:
Hoped for enough entry for Top100 i thought maybe i could pass through registration but with only top 50 its scarier D:
Oh and I saw my favorite song title in the entry list but barely able to recognize the song with the entry D: oh well x)
MikasaSerket

Lacrimae wrote:

excuse my breathing

SHIT I SUBMITTED MY FILE IN .M4A FUCK MY LFIE kms oh well
Dude that almost happened to my friend xd. Inb4 I get disqualified, at this point I am just going to bet that I am.
[Hiiro Sakaki]

I feel the discrimination against screams :^)
Was fun to do though, good luck to everyone passes Judges, I hate you >.> Jk don't kill me ;w;

Btw am I disqualified because I broke a rule or I just don't pass because my entry was not good enough?
xSynchronize

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

Was fun to do though, good luck to everyone passes Judges, I hate you >.> Jk don't kill me ;w;

Btw am I disqualified because I broke a rule or I just don't pass because my entry was not good enough?
Probably just bad sound management. Doubt they disqualify screaming metal like sort some sort of discrimination.

Now I think about it, what are the passing participants going to do about the ROCK/METAL songs in stage 4... I'm planning to do OP 2 from Death Note if I even get that far. I'm a bit worried hah.
Topic Starter
Flanster
These are evaluations, whoever passes, passes registrations.

Lacrimae wrote:

excuse my breathing

SHIT I SUBMITTED MY FILE IN .M4A FUCK MY LFIE kms oh well
I can still open it in the browser so no worries, converting it to mp3 is a 5 sec job if anything.

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

I highly doubt we can even judge that.
[Hiiro Sakaki]

xSynchronize wrote:

Probably just bad sound management. Doubt they disqualify screaming metal like sort some sort of discrimination.
Oh I never thought of it seriously, was just kidding :^)

Flanster wrote:

I highly doubt we can even judge that.
Well too bad, I hope at least you kinda enjoy it c: S A V A G E
Topic Starter
Flanster
I did actually, you were pretty good at it B)
[Hiiro Sakaki]

Flanster wrote:

I did actually, you were pretty good at it B)
Well thanks to the contest I discovered I could sing those. Inb4 cover of the whole 漢's undead corporation album

xSynchronize wrote:

Now I think about it, what are the passing participants going to do about the ROCK/METAL songs in stage 4... I'm planning to do OP 2 from Death Note if I even get that far. I'm a bit worried hah.
Well I guess it'll be more about clean rock/metal such as One Ok Rock, or anime rock (LiSA, Babymetal, or equivalent). Metal clean song would go to the thrash metal, and some post-hardcore/metalcore songs

EDIT : Ty Flan
Nitrous
> Accidentally submits mp3 to friends
> Friends make a beatmap out of it
> Becomes a meme
> ...

Yeah I can live with it.
Topic Starter
Flanster

-Nitrous wrote:

> Accidentally submits mp3 to friends
> Friends make a beatmap out of it
> Becomes a meme
> ...

Yeah I can live with it.
Catgirl
since more people are voting i'm just going to throw in my input here.

the poll question is specifically "which is more convenient?" not "which is best?". obviously more convenient would be to just pick one of the three finalists, because it's quick, easy, and you only have to pick the one you think is the best.

rating on a scale of 1-10 is harder and will take more time and effort for people (and i assume it would make people actually listen to all 3), meaning less votes. the votes you do get might have more meaning, but to be honest rating three entries on a scale of 1-10 if they're all really good will just result in a lot of high ratings and not a lot of difference (or troll 0 ratings which are even worse).

maybe ranking the three entries as 1st 2nd 3rd would be a good balance if the first option wins.
Endaris

Catgirl wrote:

maybe ranking the three entries as 1st 2nd 3rd would be a good balance if the first option wins.
that's a good idea
could weigh via points then, 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd and 1 for 3rd or something, similar to how they do it on top xx osu! players votings
kungfump
Do you know when the due date is for the 2nd judging
CptHampton

kungfump wrote:

Do you know when the due date is for the 2nd judging
Starting July 1, there will be 1 week for judging, then another week for registrations for the next round. So those submissions will most likely be due July 15.
Jaye
I'd like to apologise to everyone who was unfortunate enough to hear my entry.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Catgirl wrote:

That actually would be the best way.
Though I don't think the form supports that way of evaluation, might have to do some functions on the main document.
I'll try it out.
[Hiiro Sakaki]

Drunk poll D:
Topic Starter
Flanster

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

Drunk poll D:
plus twitter one 52/48
usually polls i've done were onesided haha
[Hiiro Sakaki]
you are condemned to make the decision
Topic Starter
Flanster

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

Im considering Catgirl's suggestion, I'll close the polls, that 50/50 is enough of a result.
Spazza17
I'm a bit late this year but hell yes I'm joining. :D

It took some time because I had to write the lyrics eheheHEHE

I hope you enjoy
Kyonko Hizara

Flanster wrote:

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

Im considering Catgirl's suggestion, I'll close the polls, that 50/50 is enough of a result.
It would be the easiest and cause the least confusion, and that's what we need after all this madness :U
Whale
I sneezed more than I have recording takes.
domSaur
i kinda know the answer but i'll ask it anyway(not sure if it was asked in this thread prior).. can i cut the song to at least the first two minutes/second chorus?
Topic Starter
Flanster

domSaur wrote:

i kinda know the answer but i'll ask it anyway(not sure if it was asked in this thread prior).. can i cut the song to at least the first two minutes/second chorus?
you can shorten it yea
Pawsu
*waits to submit on the last day* lawl

just kiddin
Topic Starter
Flanster

Pawsu wrote:

*waits to submit on the last day* lawl

just kiddin
YOU DISSAPOINT ME WIFEY.
CptHampton
I got mine in outside the 24 hour procrastination window, so that's something at least

E: Just checked the google doc, OzzyOzrock wins
Topic Starter
Flanster

CptHampton wrote:

I got mine in outside the 24 hour procrastination window, so that's something at least

I expected that tbh. Just wondering if Sharlo/yealina will take part.

Also I'm pleased to announce we hit 100 entries that have passed so far, that will guarantee a scenario of Top 75/100.
OzzyOzrock

CptHampton wrote:

i love you
Kyonko Hizara
Ozzy's entry lifted my mood after some of the less than enjoyable entries I had listened to
OzzyOzrock
YO BUT I PROMISE I'LL TRY NEXT TIME THOUGH I'M SORRY LMAO
Kyonko Hizara
but me after listening to Ozzy's entry

_Kitteh
I know this question is way too early to be asked, but since I already have my songs for each stage picked out, is it okay if I sing only ONE song has only ONE swear word (The F word) in it that is said around one to two times?
Shanipika
I'm sad Piyo wont be participating D: Q-Q

First she makes me participate and then she get sick and cant enter with me D:

Well I need to get far for her now! x)

Should prolly start looking for another song i wanna sing if i can pass this x) But every song i wanna sing i can't D: Oh well.. (Maybe i should stop trying to sing IA songs too x) ) And so many amazing entry im not even sure I'll pass this D: But now i need to cuz i have to be good for Piyo!
Topic Starter
Flanster

_Kitteh wrote:

I know this question is way too early to be asked, but since I already have my songs for each stage picked out, is it okay if I sing only ONE song has only ONE swear word (The F word) in it that is said around one to two times?
Yeah thats fine.
Kaifin
really excited to participate with my boy IGNITE

hopefully we weren't too late in submission, i literally stayed up all night to finish this lol......

fingers crossed it was worth it, submitted via the form but listen and let us know what YOU THINK, hopefully something a little different

https://soundcloud.com/user-13159710/os ... the-garden

im the growly one and he's the not growly one
Endaris
7h and a bit left to submit /o\
*unpacks recording equipment*
Topic Starter
Flanster

Endaris wrote:

7h and a bit left to submit /o\
*unpacks recording equipment*
actually

was retweeted on the idol account.
Endaris
I should still record now because it's not really cool to do it at night when my landlord has his sleeping room above mine. :D
show more