forum

osu!idol 2016 Final results!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Haiiro-Chan96
Wow, I didn't even know such a thing existed on osu! until now! I LOVE singing so I'm totally giving this a try! Ahh what song to pick... x'D
Underforest
I died with nope's entry
Everyone wants to meme XD
Shiranai
Submitted👻
Kyonko Hizara
Just advice to future entries, please listen to your files before you upload them because there are quite a few where the instrumental is twice as loud and is above the vocals! Save my poor ears o(;△;)o
Ardent
what do you mean by "obscene language"?
_DG
There's my entry up. Hope all goes well :/
Daikyi
subbed earlier today

good thing no-one outside the mania community knows who i am
-Kanzaki
Mako sakata nice voice hope you will win, not a moe voice i hope
Endaris

Ardent wrote:

what do you mean by "obscene language"?
Refer to peep-spots in Stefan's entry.
MimookiesL

Flanster wrote:

MimookiesL wrote:

Hey the link to my entry got removed from soundcloud. I want to upload it again on puush. How can I register again?

Edit: Ok well I entered again. Can someone of the admin tem or someone else remove my first entry?

Edit 2: lol tem

why did it get removed in the first place.

Who knows

jk got copyrighted
NaTha
is it okay to make "mutiple" Siniging? Like there is a long scream and over the scream is normal singing?
Topic Starter
Flanster

NaTha wrote:

is it okay to make "mutiple" Siniging? Like there is a long scream and over the scream is normal singing?
Read the first rule....
xSynchronize
mfw looking through my playlist and 95% of songs are female singers.
MimookiesL

xSynchronize wrote:

mfw looking through my playlist and 95% of songs are female singers.
Lol my playlist is full with male singers...
It was so hard to choose a song that was singable for me
Chordsy
Oooh I wonder if I should at least try and put my voice on this :o
Golterboose
This seems like fun, I anticipate your voices as my voice sounds like death
TyranosaurBaws
Question !

"Noise cancellation is allowed, but vocal layering/harmonies/reverbs/autotune/effects/other mixing fx are not allowed."

In other words, it means that the recording vocal should be raw (only in necessity of noise cancellation is allowed) right ?

But can the instrumental be mixed (?) , eg; the instrumental is pitched (high or low) to suits our vocal range.

is that allowed ? <3
Endaris
Pretty sure you can do with the instrumental whatever you want as only your voice will get judged. So as long as you don't do anything with that it should be fine.
Topic Starter
Flanster

TyranosaurBaws wrote:

Question !

"Noise cancellation is allowed, but vocal layering/harmonies/reverbs/autotune/effects/other mixing fx are not allowed."

In other words, it means that the recording vocal should be raw (only in necessity of noise cancellation is allowed) right ?

But can the instrumental be mixed (?) , eg; the instrumental is pitched (high or low) to suits our vocal range.

is that allowed ? <3
You can use an instrumental but dont transpose it.

ritsu101nightshade
Yay, might try again [never made it past the first round last time I tried, and for a good reason XD]

[I know any languages are allowed] but are dubs of a song in a different language allowed? Thanks.

Good luck to everyone!
_DG

Flanster wrote:

You can use an instrumental but dont transpose it
Welp there goes my entry ^o^. Time to do it all over again.

rip half-step transposition.
TyranosaurBaws

Flanster wrote:

You can use an instrumental but dont transpose it.

Because some of the songs can be too high/low for our vocal range and by pitched the key of the instrumental to, eg; -2 key lower or +2 key higher make the song more viable to sing. :)
Topic Starter
Flanster
A.k.a you cant, just sing what you can
I'm not allowing this.
CptHampton

Flanster wrote:

I'm not allowing this.
I don't really understand this rule. If the point of the contest is to show off our voices, why can't we sing songs in a key to best do this? You might as well say guys can't sing songs by girls or vice versa because it's in a different octave than the original. FWIW, at least two of my songs last year were in different keys than the original artist's recording. If there's a song I enjoy that allows me to express myself but the original soloist has a different range, why should I be barred from singing that song? On idol contests irl they play fast and loose with the keys of their songs, they do whatever they can to ensure they give the best performance possible.
Einzvern
*le weebs are coming......... *runsssss...........
Topic Starter
Flanster

CptHampton wrote:

Flanster wrote:

I'm not allowing this.
I don't really understand this rule. If the point of the contest is to show off our voices, why can't we sing songs in a key to best do this? You might as well say guys can't sing songs by girls or vice versa because it's in a different octave than the original. FWIW, at least two of my songs last year were in different keys than the original artist's recording. If there's a song I enjoy that allows me to express myself but the original soloist has a different range, why should I be barred from singing that song? On idol contests irl they play fast and loose with the keys of their songs, they do whatever they can to ensure they give the best performance possible.
So you did this without saying anything? Okay. Fine. Lets allow this then.
Endaris
Well, changing the instrumental doesn't have any influence on your voice.
In fact, most commercialized idols get the songs written perfectly for their capabilities so it wouldn't make much sense indeed to restrict the use of pitchaltered instrumentals.
I mean I could make myself my own instrumental with Cajon+Guitar but it'd be kinda unfair to be people who can't play instruments and "manually" transpose it...

Glad you allowed it ;P
CptHampton

Flanster wrote:

So you did this without saying anything? Okay. Fine. Lets allow this then.
Didn't think I would have to, the voice is still mine, just in a more comfortable range. It's not like I was trying to fool anyone, you could listen and tell the keys were different than the originals.
Topic Starter
Flanster
Fair enough, carry on.
Kyonko Hizara
tfw someone submitted their osu! profile
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

tfw someone submitted their osu! profile
damn advertising
Aether_Wing
I know the rules say no voice laying, so I presume that means no singing over the original vocals, right? The problem I have is that the only 'instrumental' I could find left the vocals in for one line of lyrics (the rest is fine). Would it be acceptable to sing over that?
It wouldn't necessarily seem out of place, the creator of the track clearly thought it was suitable as a karaoke track at any rate.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Aether_Wing wrote:

I know the rules say no voice laying, so I presume that means no singing over the original vocals, right? The problem I have is that the only 'instrumental' I could find left the vocals in for one line of lyrics (the rest is fine). Would it be acceptable to sing over that?
It wouldn't necessarily seem out of place, the creator of the track clearly thought it was suitable as a karaoke track at any rate.
The rule applies to laying your own voice. Aslong as we can hear you well enough it should be okay.
kurochizome
A question, it might sound silly (forgive me) but can we do more than 1 song? Multiple entries, I meant.
xSynchronize

kurochizome wrote:

A question, it might sound silly (forgive me) but can we do more than 1 song? Multiple entries, I meant.
Ofcourse not.. You can only entry again if you pass the round.

You can ask to replace your entry though if that's what you want. Maybe.
Excuse
'TIS THE TIME FOR THE GRILLS TO COME OUT OF HIDING.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Rawrgasm wrote:

'TIS THE TIME FOR THE GRILLS TO COME OUT OF HIDING.
go go :3
Aomi
Is it okay if I submit again, just with a soundcloud link and you can remove my previous entry?
Topic Starter
Flanster

Aomi wrote:

Is it okay if I submit again, just with a soundcloud link and you can remove my previous entry?
That's fine, if its the same file. Actually PM it to me, I'll replace it.
Aomi
Thanks!
I will ^^
show more