1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania

posted
Many peoples hates LN, but why?
these LN is like the most perfect embodiment of melody to me, you can hear the melody well and it is kinda relaxing

"So what did you say about complicated LN ?"

As long as it is still relaxing and comfortable I guess it's fine to me
for me it's just boring to play a map that doesn't have any LN specific part as all of those map will just feels similar all each other

Give your opinion down here, just one rules : No offense
posted
I believe the LN is a very separate area in which players can train, that being said, most people on osu!, including those coming from VSRGs which don't focus on LN much will start off at a rather low level, pretty much mostly inexperienced in LNs in this case.

Considering people from VSRGs which have more complicated LN patterns coming into the game also kind of sets this imbalance in skillsets, especially in the LN side, this imbalance is amplified by people throwing in LN-based converts/LN-based osu!mania maps and I think that's why there's some sort of disagreement in terms of how complicated LNs should be on the same difficulty level of rice (Almost all VSRGs base their maps on rice before LNs anyways)

Takes time for people to ease into LN maps but I highly doubt this disagreement in terms of difficulty level of LNs is going to go away :p
posted
Well, this is only my opinion.

LN is good if used in a low amount or in very high amount like the "sister's noise" but if used inconsistently, it really feels bad somehow.
posted
I wouldn't say hate, I just can't understand a single fuck of maps like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/192569.
Also can't train noodles properly because of 6KRO. :(
posted
two things:

1: "I can't play it so i'll hate it"

2: The usage is actually bad
posted
yes, these LN need a lot of practice and concentration, not just a fast finger, hmmmm.. I see
posted
Sometimes, it's because they can't play LNs, and it is frustrating.

Sometimes, it's because they can't understand how LNs are used.

Sometimes, it's because they just don't enjoy LN patterns for some other reason.

Games like LR2 and Stepmania don't use many LNs, so players who came from those games are not used to LNs. Since they are not used to LNs, they might get frustrated when they can't play something with LNs, or they just might not enjoy LNs even if they can play them well, because they are so used to patterns that do not use LNs. Of course, new players might also not like LNs because they require a different kind of skill from playing regular notes.

Personally, I think there are not enough easy LN maps, so new players won't have any real LN skill until they begin playing harder maps. When I played O2Jam, for example, I found out that around level 30, maps begin using LNs a LOT more often than easier maps, and it creates a skill wall where you need to practice for a long time before you become good enough to start playing maps above that difficulty level.
posted
Hi!
The LN mechanics on osu!mania are not so great.
A 16ms window on release is unreasonably tight.
Having the underlying combo from the scoring system and the displayed combo disconnect because of a LN breaks the visual feedback and makes it hard to understand how, in scoring terms, LNs work.
Having the judgment window only at the tail of the LN is super strange since everyone maps LNs to the head first and foremost.

Love ya.
posted

Bobbias wrote:

Personally, I think there are not enough easy LN maps, so new players won't have any real LN skill until they begin playing harder maps. When I played O2Jam, for example, I found out that around level 30, maps begin using LNs a LOT more often than easier maps, and it creates a skill wall where you need to practice for a long time before you become good enough to start playing maps above that difficulty level.
Exactly.
Things go from "oh look at this cute LN + 1 rice so nice to play" to "OK WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON" really fast.
posted
Personally I don't like LN spam on harder difficulties, I just CANT do them and it ruins it all, plus having almost all maps do the same thing is just a real turnoff.
I don't hate LN, I actually like them, but o2j is not my style since im a djmax player and I do mostly single note charts.
posted
Keeping track the press-release queues can be tricky if you don't how to read LN properly and even more harder if you don't have sufficient finger independence, requiring you to hold your fingers in a certain position and change the positions on the fly. It's an interesting skill to learn in itself, but unfortunately most players go for speed and stamina because doing LN for most of them is a headache full of frustration.
posted
R> "How to LN" thread
posted
LN is easier to read but harder to press imho.
Visually LN is nicer, but playability for Rice is better for newcomer.
posted

ArcherLove wrote:

LN is easier to read but harder to press imho.
Visually LN is nicer, but playability for Rice is better for newcomer.
totally agree with that
posted

ArcherLove wrote:

LN is easier to read but harder to press imho.
Visually LN is nicer, but playability for Rice is better for newcomer.
LNs are much harder to read correctly at high difficulty levels.
posted
Maybe it's different for people, but I find it easier to read denser LN than note only orz
posted

Agka wrote:

Hi!
The LN mechanics on osu!mania are not so great.
A 16ms window on release is unreasonably tight.
Having the underlying combo from the scoring system and the displayed combo disconnect because of a LN breaks the visual feedback and makes it hard to understand how, in scoring terms, LNs work.
Having the judgment window only at the tail of the LN is super strange since everyone maps LNs to the head first and foremost.

Love ya.
.


Honestly if you want to play LNs just play O2Jam. 4k LNs are pretty boring anyway honestly.
posted
I guess osu!mania have more fun LN 4K maps which is not submitted.
posted

ArcherLove wrote:

I guess osu!mania have more fun LN 4K maps which is not submitted.
submitted https://osu.ppy.sh/s/437582
we can start mapping 4k LN maps for those player now archerlove
let them see how LN fun is :D
posted

DJ Profetti wrote:

ArcherLove wrote:

I guess osu!mania have more fun LN 4K maps which is not submitted.
submitted https://osu.ppy.sh/s/437582
we can start mapping 4k LN maps for those player now archerlove
let them see how LN fun is :D
hehe true that.
show more
Please sign in to reply.