forum

My accuracy is not increasing at all... How come? (noob Q.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BobRossJevans
Problem Details:

It's less of a problem but more of a curiosity... My accuracy does not seem to improve at all when I replay songs.. My best guess is you only get accuracy for the first time you play it? Or when you get a new rank?

osu! version: 20160331.2 (latest)
Cinia Arctica
Not the right place to post this but I'll answer your question anyways. Accuracy takes time to increase so it will take time to get the accuracy that you desire.

Try tweaking your universal offset to the desired preferance and maybe that might help your accuracy. It might just be that the best is off but by looking at your profile I think it'll just take some time.
TheVileOne
If you don't play better, then obviously your accuracy isn't going to improve. Accuracy doesn't accumulate unless you beat your personal best.
Seijiro
Moved
Mahogany

BobRossJevans wrote:

It's less of a problem but more of a curiosity... My accuracy does not seem to improve at all when I replay songs.. My best guess is you only get accuracy for the first time you play it? Or when you get a new rank?
What sort of accuracy are you talking about? We'll need more details before we can help explain it to you.

Play accuracy? (IE the individual accuracy you have at the end of each play of the map)
Overall accuracy? (IE the figure shown alongside your ranking placements in the results screen)
Weighted accuracy? (IE the figure shown on your profile)
TSGWhatever
Either way you look at it, even though this isn't a direct answer to your question, you should try not to rely on approach circles to determine timing. Seriously. Just don't. That's more than 10 times a stupid as playing the game strictly for pp.

Although it doesn't matter all that much for your current level, as you move on to harder maps, you want to focus more and more on your rhythm sense. My attitude towards approach circles is that they are only there to help, and nothing more.

As previously stated by an earlier comment, improving your accuracy takes time, so try to be patient. :P
Lambykinz

Mahogany wrote:

BobRossJevans wrote:

What sort of accuracy are you talking about? We'll need more details before we can help explain it to you.

Play accuracy? (IE the individual accuracy you have at the end of each play of the map)
Overall accuracy? (IE the figure shown alongside your ranking placements in the results screen)
Weighted accuracy? (IE the figure shown on your profile)
I think he's talking about his weighted accuracy.
Endaris

thelewa wrote:

Add this to accuracy as an easy way to practice: If you have really bad accuracy then just try to really look at the approach circles and really try to get acc that is above 97%, increase this minimum accuracy once you get better at it, capping out at 99%. Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
Mahogany

Lambykinz wrote:

I think he's talking about his weighted accuracy.
Well we'll need him to clarify