forum

OSU 'Anti-cheat team' [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
Well,I heard that a lot of people are not satisfied because there are lots of cheaters in osu and when people report them,noboby cares. So,my idea is - to create a special 'Anti-Cheat team' or something like that. This team will be allowed to ban cheaters. The topic 'This score doesn't look right' still will be the main topic about suspicion scores,and this anti-cheat team will always check this topic and with the help of other people will find another cheaters. So,what about this idea? I hope people will find it useful. And I'd like to be a member of this team,because I hate cheaters.
P.S. Sorry for my English. And I hope that I made this topic in the right place.
Starrodkirby86
This definitely sounds more like a Feature Requests, though General Development wasn't a bad choice to create it...

Having some dedicated users weed out the cheaters and other no-gooders in osu! would be nice to see, but I'm doubtful it's as easy as simply creating a group of users with the duty to remove cheaters. I don't know. xD
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

This definitely sounds more like a Feature Requests, though General Development wasn't a bad choice to create it...

Having some dedicated users weed out the cheaters and other no-gooders in osu! would be nice to see, but I'm doubtful it's as easy as simply creating a group of users with the duty to remove cheaters. I don't know. xD
So,this group of users must be created by peppy,right? Because it would be nice if he will see this topic and say his opinion.
awp
The problem is that there's more to it than "This person is probably a cheater, I'm going to ban the account".

In many cases, it's difficult to tell if someone's actually cheating just based on replays, which is how this proposed new group would function. But in every case (going out on a limb here) it's important to know how they're cheating. This is for the development team to handle.

Ideally, it shouldn't be up to a rag-tag group of replay-enthusiasts to determine who is and who isn't cheating (and subsequently dealing with them), it's something the osu! application itself should handle. If such a team is necessary, there's room for improvement in the client-side detection.
Zelos
Its kinda impossible to detect every cheater of osu.

But if a cheater is found, a BAT,GMOD, or will deal with it.

That is also kinda why we have things like BATs and GMODs. They moderate as part of their job.
Derekku
Exactly what awp and Zelos said. There's no reason to create a new team since this can already be handled internally by staff. Cheaters might not be dealt with in the most efficient way at the moment, but hopefully that will change in the future.