forum

Streaming training maps for new players?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adson1
Hi!
I'm new to the game and I search for a beatmap which is short and easy but where the part is where like 100 Circles come in one. Like a snake you know? I don't know how to call it. I'm searching for a map where I can mainly practice this. (Sorry for the bad english)

PS: I think they are called Deathstreams.

Endaris
Hi.
Deathstreams are not relevant at your level. Normal streams aren't relevant as well.
I strongly advise you against playing deathstreams right now. You might actually hurt your hand in the process of playing them.

When looking for streammaps though your first station should be the stream-sheet at RaneFire's profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/RaneFire
Topic Starter
Adson1
Yeah I know that Deathsstreams are not made for my level but I can do the whole part of my beatmaps i'm playing like insane and stuff but then the Deathstreams come. That's why I want 2 practice them. :P
silento
Streams. Also you're really really new. I doubt you'll have streams in your maps just yet.
Topic Starter
Adson1
Calvin Harris we'll be coming back.
Insane level. I can do the whole map but i f*ck up at the deathstream part D:
Endaris
You're most likely just flailing your cursor for notes and mash your keyboard.
Unfortunately that's enough to pass many maps..
But keep in mind that this is a rhythm game. If you wanna have fun here for a longer amount of time it would be wise to pay more attention to the rhythm.
Topic Starter
Adson1
Well... I just... I don't wanna... I mean like. I have a rythm feeling and when you watch my replays or so you can see that I don't just smash on my keybord or fail the cursor. It's just this fast finger tipping D: But thx for the help! :oops:
Deva
Streams are wayyyyyy too advanced pattern for your level right now let alone deathstreams. Just learn the basics and come back in like a year to ask this same question.
Topic Starter
Adson1
Ok :P Well look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wIokE ... e=youtu.be

3:12 Minutes. There's the part i ment.

( Gameplay by me ) I did it. ^^
Deva
You cant even follow simple sliders and you are mashing on top of that. Play easier maps and forget about streams.
Endaris
Listen to the hitsounds.
Hitsounds are supposed to give you feedback on how you are hitting compared to the music's beat.
They don't sound very good.
Also that stream isn't what one would call an actual deathstream.

+
You might actually hurt your hand in the process of playing them.
Deva

Endaris wrote:

Also that stream isn't what one would call an actual deathstream.
Some wouldnt even call that a stream...
Endaris
There's a 14 note stream after the repeatsliders that follow the quints, so there is one stream.
Deva
Just a simple burst solves that
Topic Starter
Adson1
Ok. But I don't understand the point of saying that I should forget these maps. I'm new. What's so wrong about not hitting sliders? I'm practicing. And why should i hurt my hand? I played this game like 5 hours this day and don't even feel a touch of hurting.
Ik that I have 2 learn n' stuff but I'm new so I don't know why I should do easier maps when I just don't hit a slider which I can simply practice in the same beatmap.

PS: Thx for the dislike
Yuudachi-kun

Adson1 wrote:

Ok. But I don't understand the point of saying that I should forget these maps. I'm new. What's so wrong about not hitting sliders? I'm practicing. And why should i hurt my hand? I played this game like 5 hours this day and don't even feel a touch of hurting.
Ik that I have 2 learn n' stuff but I'm new so I don't know why I should do easier maps when I just don't hit a slider which I can simply practice in the same beatmap.
You've played this game for 5 hours. OH MY GOD THIS IS A NEW RECORD
Mahogany
What's wrong about hitting sliders is you're missing and playing wrong. Don't you want to play right? If missing stuff is fine, why not just put on NF and put down your mouse/pen and watch yourself miss every note?
Deva
You are supposed to forget advanced stuff because you are shit even with basics and you should learn those first.
Endaris

Adson1 wrote:

And why should i hurt my hand? I played this game like 5 hours this day and don't even feel a touch of hurting.
If there are notes in rapid succession(=streams) you have to tap very fast.
If you have no experience in streaming your motion will lack control. You will most likely tense up your hand like crazy and try to tap as fast as possible.
Due to the lack of technique you use A LOT more force on your fingers than needed which might cause a negative backlash on your muscles/tendons/nerves. Injuries to your tendons/nerves are something that is not uncommon for people who play osu! a lot.
6h on one single day is usually not something one would have to worry about but as it is your first day your lack of technique might pose a threat for your hands. More logical approach would be starting to play maps with triples.

The classical (and healthy) approach to learning streaming is starting with very slow streams(after you learned triples) - streams that might even be slow enough to be singletapped such as found on this map:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/98623
Once you got good at that you can increase the speed step by step until you can stream effortlessly at high speed - with high accuracy and minimum force used.
Jellyfish McGub
endaris needs to be the first person you are redirected to when you first sign up for this website
N0thingSpecial

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

endaris needs to be the first person you are redirected to when you first sign up for this website
Or just look at the pinned post in GnR. is it really that hard?
DeathHydra
They gave advice to you saying that you shouldn't think about streams now. They are more experienced than you so I personally think you should listen and don't think about streams right now. Learn to get good acc on easier maps first. Your acc is utter shit.

But if you really are stubborn and want to learn streams, the key to stream is to tap z and x, like zxzxzxz, according to the beat. What you did in the video is mashing x as fast as possible.