forum

osu! For OSX... I know it already has one but better support

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EB3K
I am sorry if I am pushing you peppy but I'd really like a better OSX version. The reason is
1. The Slider in Hidden mod is not hidden
2. The leaderboards on the right side has the old overlay
3. Basically in the fallback version
4. Crashes the game when too many sliders appears at the sametime
5. When going to links that goes out of the game, It brings you up to this unescapable black screen where I'm forced to force quit which corrupts the game data
6. Runs through wine so sometimes doesn't launch at all where I have to restart the computer or reinstall osu! Itself...

Some of them might be my personal problems such as 6 but the other one are problamatic
For number 4, for example, crashes during image material's "hard part" which is after the "slow part"

Sorry if I'm pushing you but I'm 13 and I'm forced to use a Mac with my dad's apple addiction but doesn't let me use bootcamp
And I may not be the only one to experience this problem. I am not super high ranked but I'm in the level of where these problems are getting into my way.
Thank you for your time
-EB3K
Mahogany
osu doesn't really need people to request features, it needs people to code them
sify11
i can only play fullscreen, otherwise game crashes
some skins glitch out
there was an osx native version in developement right? any status updates on that?
AGRX
osx native version is the least priority at the moment, i guess that after peppy implements the osu!new ingame client website design teams he will be working on this.
- Marco -
That's because it runs the fallback version and not the latest, just be patient and wait for osu! to run wothout wine :D
Topic Starter
EB3K
I mean I know its the fallback version...

But Im tired of friends using the excuse
"Cuz ur hidden isn't updated"
As an excuse for winning multi

Im being patient and I was but I want to at least have some updates on it since its like 5 months since the native WIP announcement
Topic Starter
EB3K
And seriously... I can only play specific maps where there are jumps and not too many slider streams or bunch of sliders.
I can't play multiplayer either

Windows users...
U dont understand the pain of the game crashing even if i am fcing it
hetake2
Playing on Linux same as on Windows and lagless 8-)