forum

Flashlight mod disabled #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hi guys. Sorry to do this again, but as long as a public cheat exists there's not much point in allowing submission of flashlight scores. This may be the end of flashlight for osu!, not too sure yet. Feel free to post your thoughts but keep them focused.

Update: For clarification, only score submission is disabled. You can still play using Flashlight solo or multiplayer, but your score will not be recorded online.

peppy out
lepidopodus

peppy wrote:

but as long as a public cheat exists
So it couldn't be rooted out? Oh, my...
mekadon_old
The person who did this cheat eternally spoils then fun of flashlight plays. Can't the dll file be set for only osu!, just asking.
Topic Starter
peppy

lepidopodus wrote:

peppy wrote:

but as long as a public cheat exists
So it couldn't be rooted out? Oh, my...
The same guy released another cheat/hack overnight it would seem. As long as there is a cheat like this available I would be doing a disservice to you all by allowing flashlight rankings.

mekadon wrote:

The person who did this cheat eternally spoils then fun of flashlight plays. Can't the dll file be set for only osu!, just asking.
It really is sad that people believe they need to cheat, yes. Unfortunately PCs are very open machines and it is near impossible to make something untouchable by external sources. Just something you have to live with!
James2250
Don't these people feel remorse for ruining the fun of so many people. What is the point :(

Anyway sad to see it has come to this again (although I somehow expected it seeing as so many people had heard of the cheat)
Need way to universally stop anyone from using any hack programs on osu! (I know it can't happen)

Hope you can find some sort of solution peppy
Gens

James2250 wrote:

Don't these people feel remorse for ruining the fun of so many people. What is the point :(
And it's even worse when you realize some people live of that. It's sad.

I hope this doesn't conclude with the eternal closure of Flashlight as well.
Roddie

James2250 wrote:

:(

Yes, I hope Flash Light doesn't get removed. ._.
Niva

Gens wrote:

I hope this doesn't conclude with the eternal closure of Flashlight as well.
:cry:
I also hope the same :(
Glad I still managed to submit this score moments before the FL got disabled :D
wanhyrzh
:(
What a sad news...
I love to play with Flashlight...
Can't the cheaters be found and punished?
I really do not want to see this mod disabled...;_;
But if this is the only way to prevent cheating...well, I'll be agree with this with sadness :cry:
Explorer09
I guess the flashlight mod is really easy to cheat, just like wallhacking in most first-person shooter games.
desperadocrash
I guess I understand the reasoning behind this, but even if the problem can't be entirely solved, would it be possible to change flashlight to a non-score multiplying mod just for fun?
Glass
Thank god I FCed OblivioN earlier. Gonna have to play the rest of the chart maps without it I guess.

rip flashlight
Topic Starter
peppy

Sparkkirby3 wrote:

I guess I understand the reasoning behind this, but even if the problem can't be entirely solved, would it be possible to change flashlight to a non-score multiplying mod just for fun?
You can still play for the moment but it won't be ranked. I'm not sure on the future of flashlight, but as with last time it may come back.
Roddie

Glass wrote:

Thank god I FCed OblivioN earlier.
I full combo it two weeks ago. 8-)

While we're on topic, it really sucks that some people would have to cheat their way using Flash Light. Players like me and Glass use the Flash Light mod fairly. And if this keeps up, then I guess there is no other option but to remove it. ._. If it were to come to that, it was a blast using it then.... :cry:
DarkRingSystem
I hate flashlight now.
Why don't disable hidden mod :o
Sure

DarkRingSystem wrote:

Why don't disable hidden mod :o
It isn't hard enough to use hack.
Explorer09
Hello. I just have an idea. I don't know it could help prevent cheating or not.

When the player plays the flashlight mod, osu! client could take a screenshot in the middle of the music.
The screenshot must have the HUD removed, like this:

Submit the screenshot along with the score. Then the server could check the four corners of the screenshot submitted. If they are not black or look strange, the server could reject the score. (an admin could add the score manually if it is considered not cheating)

How would that be?

EDIT: This is mostly how ClearClick, an anti-clickjacking tool works.
Ballance
Ban FL ,it makes me feel disappoint with some players:|
Weez
Great just when I started getting good at it too >:T
Why couldn't they cheat a useless mod like sudden death! >:O
Zetta
Shit sucks. I hate Flashlight but I don't think other people who genuinely love it should suffer.

peppy, you ever thought of getting an anti-hack type of thing? I know they don't work 100% but they could possibly slow them down.

Hacking on a rhythm game>skill?
show more