forum

Development for New Osu Modes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Teboto
How does development for new osu! modes work? Is there a team developing them behind the scenes? What's the development cycle like? I have some mode ideas and would like to see if I could do something with them using the osu! API. I have a Bachelor's degree in computer science with an emphasis on game design, for those who are skeptical about my credentials. Thanks!
XinCrin
It should be moved to Feature Requests or any other forum. I don't know
Endaris
New game-modes isn't really something that is planned right now.
However if you got the motivation to code the majority of the stuff yourself that's certainly possible - that's how we ended up with mania at least.
I'd suggest you to take a look at http://blog.ppy.sh/post/124145059058/20150715-slack , join slack and write peppy what you had in mind.
Judging on how much you play the game and how active you're in the community I'd recommend you to revise your motivation though.
abraker
The next gamemode, osu!dodge, has an estimated date of arrival of TBA, and it has been like that for several years. Peppy is currently busy reworking the graphical aspects of the game, managing the creation of the new osu! website, and is working to open source the game. I think it will be a while more before we get to see a new gamemode imho.

I am not sure how into this game you are to suddenly get a mind set of programming something for osu!, considering your play history. I have poured wasted hours into this game, not sure if you want to do same. If you are still up for it, then your only option right now is to develop 3rd party software for osu!, as you see in this subforum, or do some web dev/design for the issues marked with bounty here.