forum

Use 2 clicks or one?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
solarazuma
For example, except streams, when you play a beatmap no matter easy or hard, is it advisable to use both Z and X(for pure keyboard) or only Z or X? I've been using only Z but find some troubles on harder maps. I know its personal preference but I just want some hints and tips.

SilentWings_old
use z and x always
maay
there are tons of threads like this

anyway, I prefer to use right click only and q/w for streams
Topic Starter
solarazuma
So you mean its advisable to use both Z and X no matter what?

Oh sorry I didn't notice there are other threads about this. ><
SilentWings_old
You only need to use z and x for streams. It is optional to use both buttons for jumps, but if you do use it for jumps, you have much higher stamina and efficiency.
CXu
I kinda suck when trying to hold a constant beat with both buttons, so I usually only play with x unless there is a stream.
anonymous_old
Try both.

Use what works for you best.

Done.
Topic Starter
solarazuma
CXu, I am having the same problem. Looks like its tough to use both buttons.

I guess I should try both and see whether one button or 2 buttons suits me, thanks for the tips :D
Gabi
IMO it's better to use 1 button when you play 1/2, and 2 buttons when you play 1/4 (tuplets/triplets/streams)
Adarin

strager wrote:

Try both.

Use what works for you best.

Done.
Rolled
You should learn to use one button as much as possible. When there is a stream of notes that is physically impossible for you to hit with one button, that's when you use both. Eventually you will learn the range at which you can no longer Z or X by itself.
Moyamochi
both. z and x