forum

[added] This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't owned ...

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Deimos
Who never had this problem when you dragged a new song into osu to map it and when you tried to upload it then osu told you that "This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't owned by you!"?

You may ask how this happens. The problem is most of the times the name of the song file. osu will use the song file's name as beatmap folder name. If your song file starts with numbers then the name of the beatmap folder will also start with numbers which is causing problems because the numbers at the start of a beatmap folder name indicates its BeatmapSetID, so osu will overwrite this number into the .osu files as BeatmapSetID every time. And this happens quite often, too often.

My Feature Request: Instead of using the name of the song file as beatmap folder name, use something else like "new beatmap" or whatever or at least the numbers should be removed automatically, so you won't have to deal with this annoying problem in the first place.
FrzR
I like this idea. This would really help.
Vuelo Eluko
there's really no point in the message existing. it's not hard to get around it's not like people don't already re-upload other peoples maps all the time [like me]

other than failing at its job, all it does is inconvenience mappers. It should be removed.
Endaris
Yeah, as a songname has to be set in metadata upon the creation of the beatmap it would make a lot of sense to grab the folder title from the romanized field.
Bara-
Or just Artist-Title, and it only happens AFTER the meta-data is set
I completely agree with this, thoug the setID doesn't change, while I have a map which mp3 is 02. Futari Happiness
The values are still 0 and -1
Topic Starter
Deimos
Has been added long time ago,

Bara-
Still not on stable O.o
Does Fallback even get updated nowadays?
I got this error again as the mp3 was called 08 LUNARIA and I forgot to change it
Topic Starter
Deimos
fallback is basically dead
Pawsu
there is no support for the fallback build