forum

HIRO-X - The Meaning of Truth

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 03, 2008 at 9:06:14 PM

Artist: HIRO-X
Title: The Meaning of Truth
BPM: 88.98
Filesize: 7926kb
Play Time: 03:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.14 stars, 201 notes)
  2. Hard (3.31 stars, 334 notes)
Download: HIRO-X - The Meaning of Truth
Download: HIRO-X - The Meaning of Truth (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Frist beatmap, the song is the background music during the Falcon Punch youtube video(to explain the background choice).

Normal is done

Edit: fixed a few notes to make them flow nicer, fixed title, and I'm beginning to think i should drop difficulty to normal
Edit2: changed some notes around made one section that was pure beats into a mix of sliders and beats since it feels like that section was boring, added a spinner at the end, still not confident that the BPM/offset is 100% correct
Edit3: Fixed the spacing problems pointed out in post number 2, also found an offbeat note and a missing whistle.
Edit4: random things, added a few slidarz
Edit5: found an improperly spaced slider *dun dun dun*. oh lord found lots of inconsistant spacing in normal.

Fixed BPM and the things brought up in Rolled's 2nd post

Done fixing some of the nitpicky things. shoved my face into the beatmap for about a half an hour i don't think i can find anymore problems on my own.

RANK IT, RANK IT NOW
Rolled
shut the fuck up, this is not your first beatmap.

No, but seriously. I'm VERY impressed. Best first submission I have seen to date. Fix these:
40:59 - 3 is too close to the 2.
42:11 - Move this slider further from the previous circle.
1:01:66 - Move these 7 further from the 6
1:07:06 - Further
1:15:66 - Further
1:59:82 - Further
2:16:34 - Further
2:24:60 - SHOULD be further, but I may let you get away with that since its a big slider. If you can, alter it to make it further from the previous circle, though.
2:33:00 - Insert a break here, since it is over 3 seconds.
2:40:45 - Should be a bit closer to that triplet
2:48:03 - Should be a bit closer as well.
2:54:95 - Further
2:56:46 - Further
3:12:98 - Further

Dont let any of these discourage you, they are all minor spacing flaws. This map is still AMAZING for your first. PERIOD.

Also, hard will be fine for this map. Make a normal or an easy though also to meet ranking standards. Starred.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Rolled wrote:

Dont let any of these discourage you, they are all minor spacing flaws. This map is still AMAZING for your first. PERIOD.
Well you become blind to some of your own mistakes when mapping a song, I came back after a week and found stuff wrong when i did a touch up before bumping, so I expect flaws.
Rolled
still not confident that the BPM/offset is 100% correct
I see. The BPM is pretty close and this is minor, but I think you could slow it down by .02 to make it sound a bit more accurate towards the end of the song.

Only two things threw me off now playing through your song:

Normal:
39:24 - This slider should be equidistant to the rest of that green combo.

Hard:
2:54:95 - Could be spaced a bit further.

These might not be the only things wrong with the song, but they are the only things that threw me off. Therefor the rest is acceptable in my book.

Fix these and this song has my approval. Nice job.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Fraeon
An easy beatmap would also be nice. But here, take a star.
Rolled
hard:
02:44:36 (5,6,7,8) - Make this spacing more similar to the spacing before? In other words, a bit further
02:54:13 (4) - Further~
03:28:86 (6) - Further (nazi)
03:39:65 (4) - ^

Also, your normal timing is not the same as your hard. Pick one nub.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.