forum

Acc question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Balwator
Hello, so because I'm always hitting quite a lot 100s my acc is around ~95-96%. I just know I could do much better and I was tryharding to improve my acc. After it just helped a tiny bit I examined replays to watch the bar at the bottom to see if I hit too late or too early. So I found out I'm always to the left of the middle. Either I'm in the middle of the left side on the blue part or I'm on the end of the green part right beside the blue part. So I tried experimenting with the universal offset. But I don't exactly understand if I should put it + or -. My guess would be + but I just wanted to make sure I'm correct and ask here^^ And maybe someone could give me a recommendation on how high I should put it:)
Thanks in advance
Endaris
Universal offset exists to sort out desync issues with your hardware not to compensate for bad rhythm skills.
I've seen plenty of people who tap early just because they are afraid to be late. It's fairly common tbh.
Make sure you fix yourself before pushing it onto the offset.
Saphirshroom
What Endaris said.

I've had that problem as well. Go back to slower maps for a while and try to hit the notes later than you usually do. You'll most likely have to adjust your aim as well. I found trying to move my cursor more slowly helps - of course, in practice, not much will change with your cursor's speed if your aim is good, but you'll likely start moving your cursor later after having hit a note which allows you to hit the next note later.
That's what I did and it worked for me because I only hit too early on jumps due to getting nervous. You might have to experiment a bit. If you only have this problem on the usual AR you play and not on higher ARs, playing lower ARs than you're used to might help as well.
Mahogany
It means you're hitting too early.

Don't use offset unless it's fault of your hardware.

Acc isn't very important anyway
Topic Starter
Balwator
Alright, thanks everyone. I thought that offset would help but I guess I gotta try to get that "habit" away. :|
tfg50
Since nobody answered your question, I'll answer it.
Too early you put local offset on the negatives and too late on the positive. Universal offset is the other way (early=+, late=-).
Mahogany

tfg50 wrote:

Since nobody answered your question

Mahogany wrote:

:/
Yolshka

Mahogany wrote:

yes
aim >>>>>> speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>acc
I can't aim.
Roricon

ShadyAngel wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

yes
aim >>>>>> speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>acc
I can't aim.
Nah acc shows that you understand the game aim and speed only shows that you can react to circles. It makes me sad to see al these fc's in my topscores with 85-90 acc :(.
Mahogany
As long as those 85-90% scores are FCs then it's fine

Acc only means anything on stream maps
yumi

Mahogany wrote:

this kills the man
tfg50

Mahogany wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

:/
That just shows you didn't read the OP.

So I tried experimenting with the universal offset. But I don't exactly understand if I should put it + or -. My guess would be + but I just wanted to make sure I'm correct and ask here^^ And maybe someone could give me a recommendation on how high I should put it:)
Thanks in advance.
Mahogany

tfg50 wrote:

That just shows you didn't read the OP.

So I tried experimenting with the universal offset. But I don't exactly understand if I should put it + or -. My guess would be + but I just wanted to make sure I'm correct and ask here^^ And maybe someone could give me a recommendation on how high I should put it:)
Thanks in advance.

Mahogany wrote:

Don't use offset unless it's fault of your hardware.
tfg50
So how do you know if it is a hardware problem or not? You should say at least as much.
t/214625 you can use this to fix your offset.
Mahogany
Because OP could simply be tapping faster than he should relative to the approach rate and there's nothing concrete suggesting offset problems and he shouldn't use offset as a crutch for poor rhythm and timing senses

Also, OP's post sounds rather..."Unscientific" to me, which is why I assumed it was a gameplay fault and not a hardware fault.

Tapping too early is a common problem. I suffer from it myself.

Hence you shouldn't use offset until you're absolutely certain the fault is with your hardware and not with yourself